Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

What an incredibly beautiful print!

Wow, that is one gorgeous print, @TriesToBoClassy! I'm sure it's even more beautiful in person. 🙂

What's that little cardboard thingy next to the candle? Is that a matching matchbox?? ::swoon::

@narsnarsnars it is! It's too pretty to use 😄

@TriesToBoClassy:  Ahhh!! You did end up getting the domino!!  I'm so glad to hear that you're pleased with it!  And I am super-envious that you received a sample of Opone -- I've been obsessed with this scent after sniffing it at a Diptyque boutique, but I've been trying to find samples of it before committing to a full-size.  Enjoy your new Diptyque goodies!  🙂

@MlleCC it is gorgeous! I am glad we had that exchange early on so that i ended up purchasing it. I became similarly enamored with Kimonanthe. I requested a sample of that to the Diptyque boutique SA who took my order, and she also included Opone. I am excited to try it!

That print is sooo gorgeous! 😭

😍😍😍

@NarNarNars Hi! Do you know if all Nordstroms are getting that GWP? My SA at Yorkdale doesn't have the pouch 😞

Hi @merriboo! From my experience, in-store GWPs tend to vary quite a bit. Some SAs are more willing to up their GWP games to boost their sales, or they are simply able to give more goodies because of their status (e.g. brand ambassador, which my SA is). HTH!

I personally think it's tad bit early to talk about Valentine's day, but Diptyque already has its V-day collection out! They're bringing Rosamundi back, as well as another multi-use fragrance. I think the candle is absolutely gorgeous-- a much better one from this past year's Rosaviola. Also, has anyone tried the multi-use fragrance (Eau Dominotee)? 

Here's a pic that my SA from Nordstrom shared with me this morning:

noname.jpeg

featuring: small/large candles and scented ovals in Rosamundi; Eau Dominotee 

She also mentioned that there's a GWP for a purchase of any two+ items from this collection:

Spoiler
noname-2.jpeg
Mini Rose candle, Eau Rose fragrance sample, rose body lotion and hand lotion samples in a pouch

If anyone knows of a better GWP offer, please do share away! Otherwise, if anyone is interested in this one, please PM me and I'll be happy to relay her info (disclaimer: I do not receive any material gains from referrals!) 

I found the new candle and fragrance at my local Saks; here are my first impressions:

1.  Rosamundi candle:  Scent is a very fresh, sweet rose, but I didn't get an impression that it was drastically different from the Rose candle from the permanent line.  The print is even more beautiful in person, but it's a piece of moderate-weight paper wrapped around the glass (probably as a nod to the wallpaper prints produced by Antoinette Poisson).  For those who like to re-purpose their Diptyque candle jars, the paper might shorten the longevity of the gorgeous print in the long-run.

2.  Eau Dominotee:  Honestly, this fragrance and the Eau Rose fragrance smelled exactly the same on my skin.  If you don't already own Eau Rose (either the one from the permanent line or the one in LE packaging from last year's collab with Olympia Le-Tan), Eau Dominotee might be worth purchasing.  However, if you already own Eau Rose, I don't think this is a must-have.  The Saks SA at the Diptyque counter claimed that Eau Dominotee was supposed to be more herbal-smelling than Eau Rose, but I would probably just layer Eau Rose on top of any green Diptyque scent for a more pronounced effect.

Spoiler
I feel like such a bad Diptyque fan for being such a Debbie Downer about this new launch!  At most, I would agree with everyone that the print is beautiful.  Is it crazy to just purchase the wallpaper domino of this print for $120?  😛

Thanks so much for the thorough review, @MlleCC! Personally, I'm sorely disappointed that the print is on a paper, not on the candle itself, since I would definitely repurpose that jar. I do own (and love) Eau Rose, so ED sounds like an easy pass for me.

I did put my order in for the large candle and the LE hand emulsion (along with a sample of ED and the freebies), so I'd have to see it for myself if I like the candle enough to keep it. Most likely it will surface on HauteLook many moons later...

@NarNarNars:  I raised an eyebrow at the paper wrapping on the jar as well.  I know you didn't care for last year's Olympia Le-Tan design, but I thought that one was at least worth the LE pricing and designation, given the pink-colored jar and the unique embroidered patch of the Diptyque logo, not to mention the scent was different enough from the regular Rose candle.

Do you know how big is the 'wallpaper'? I have been hunting for prints to frame and hang around the house, and this looks gorgeous. I can't find the size though.

@TriesToBoClassy:  I'm honestly not sure!  The Diptyque site doesn't list the size.  I tried looking at the Antoinette Poisson site, and curiously enough, all of the product pages lead me to an error screen.  However, the $120 that Diptyque is asking for seems quite steep compared to the 50-something euros that the most expensive dominoes go for on Antoinette Poisson's site?

Diptyque Antoinette Poisson Wallpaper.png

Huh that is steep indeed. Thank you for bringing that to my attention @MlleCC !!

@TriesToBoClassy:  Sorry I couldn't be of more help!  According to the Antoinette Poisson site, they have 3 distributors in the U.S. that carry their products.  If you like their artwork well enough, I would be willing to bet that it's more economical to check out their offerings via their U.S. distributors instead (unless you feel really strongly about their Diptyque print).

You've been super helpful! Drew attention to the print + gave alternatives.. what more could I ask for 😄

I had the chance to experience some of the items at Nordies in Scottsdale with a very sweet brand ambassador as he was unpacking them. The candle is gorgeous in scent and presentation. I loved last year's too. So fun. Unfortunately I didn't check out the multiuse fragrance. I did get a sample of the perfume and found I love the fragrance as a candle but not my skin. That surprised me a little. 

Thanks for posting!  It's never too early for new Diptyque products!

I love how they always go all-out with their collaborations -- the cartoon-ish sketches from last year's collab with Olympia Le-Tan were really fun, and this year's collab has some gorgeous artwork as well.  It's definitely worth taking a look at the Antoinette Poisson patterns if you're unfamiliar with their work (like I was :)) -- the aesthetic certainly fits Diptyque's branding.  Even the new perfume is a reference to the wallpaper squares or "dominoes" that the Antoinette Poisson atelier produces.   

Ahh that's interesting! I had no knowledge of Antoinette Poisson; thanks for the info, @MlleCC! I do agree that last year's V-day collection was much fun, but just happened to be not my cup of tea, both aesthetically and olfactorily. 😕 Oh well. Can't wait to get my hands on this year's candle! 🙂

testing