Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

@Smeegle - I am guessing it will be around 135-145 range before tax for the set.

Last year the individual holiday candles were $42 each and $125 for the 3 piece set.

But this year the holiday candle minis are around $48 each, so its my guess. The pricing my Diptyque SA at nordies had were all in USD, I will try to find out about the holiday pricing if I see her this weekend 🙂

fab! thanks dear! I have a feeling that you're right about that price range..argh i don't know whether to go for the calendar or not!

If you get the calendar it has only one of the 3 holiday candles(random) inside, if that helps 😉 last year I went back to get the 190g Sapin and had to track down from other store through my Calgary SA to get it as these ones sell faster and we get limited quantities.

those holiday candles are very tempting!!

the holiday candles are online at nordstrom. I am planning to get all 3. any thoughts?

this year's box and candles look gorgeous! I still haven't used up last year's yet. 

Are you getting the votive set of three or individuals? I have to take a look. They have the fragrance gift right now too!

I went ahead and ordered the 3 individual ones. They should be here by the end of the week and I got the fragrance gift too! 

How do all you ladies think the Henri Bendel candles compare to Diptyque?

I love burning Roses and Baies together. I bought and am currently trying Roses and Blackcurrant from Henri Bendel to see if they compare, since they are much cheaper! 

I am also considering buying 34 and Verveine, hmmm.

I had Verveine and used it all up, it's on my list to buy again. Loved it.

Thanks @AnneMCC. I bought 34 but not Verveine yet! 

I am going to answer my own question here and say I hate Blackcurrant from Henri Bendel, but Rose was nice. It was similar, but something about the way the scent releases when it burns is stronger and more cloying than the Diptyque. I prefer the Diptyque for the gentle interplay between scents when I burn Baies and Roses together. 

Sorry if OT, but I received one of the lotuses as well from Nordstrom (from purchasing some Diptyque items, hence my posting here hehe), and I'm clueless as to how to use it. So, can I spray whatever fragrance I would like on it? Or, should I only use essential oils? Once I use one scent on the lotus, do I need to stick with that scent? is there any way to "wash" off a previously sprayed scent? 

I know it's a mouthful, but any input would be very much appreciated! 😄

I'm curious about two Diptyque scents, Ofresia and Olene. Does anyone have these scents? Would love some feedback! 

Does anyone know if Eau Duelle smells the same in eau de parfum and eau de toilette? I've suddenly decided I need a bottle of that! Debating which to get. Anyone have either one and care to comment? Sometimes edp wear a bit differently that edt...other than longevity of course

I have the Eau de parfum.  It is more concentrated and longer lasting than the Eau de toilette which disappears from my skin within an hour.  I find the Eau de parfum to be more spicy and more deep vanilla scent than the edit.  It's a lovely scent.  Perfect for cool weather.  It's so darn hot here, still, in Southern California that I don't get to wear it as often as I'd like.

Thanks for the description. I feel like I need to compare both. I think my Nordstrom has them. I hate scents that evaporate in an hour so I'll probably end up getting the EDP. I wish it came in a small bottle though it looks like it's only 2.5

I have the EdP and I adore it. I think @lezli's description is apt 🙂 Haven't compared it to the EdT. 

I picked up a mini atomizer of it from Surrender to Chance (7.5 ml). might be worth trying to find a mini on a decant site, if you want a smaller one.

Great idea.  I've also called Nordstrom's and requested samples and was sent them free of charge.  My diptyque SA sends me free samples also upon request.  I'm sure she'll send some to you if you're in the continental U.S.  Let me know if you want her contact information.  

Yeah that's a great idea 🙂 thanks @lachaton

Yes, it's only in the 2.5 oz.  The edt is very light.  More like a veil  of fragrance.

2 Replies
testing