Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

A few points:

- while i am personally not convinced that luvgloss13 is Xiomara, luvgloss did/does promote her to an excessive degree. The Barneys thread was a nonstop blast of how awesome she was beyond anyone else.

- no one has been 'catty cliquey mean' when raising concerns. I myself chimed in with my experience when in the Barneys thread, and don't think my tone or any others' merit such adjectives.

- unless my english comprehension level is plummeting, @AnneMCC @luvgloss13 yourselves display those 'catty' tendencies. Accusing others of what you are doing yourself demonstrates a lack of self awareness.

- i wish the Barneys thread was frozen, not deleted, so that people could see from themselves.

I will repond once to you @TriesToBoClassy

You and I were friendly in pm's. We have talked over a period of months and about fun things like fragrance and skincare..etc. I considered you an online friend.

You had a bad experience with Xiomara last spring, she forgot a gwp and I helped you get it and you seemed very happy for me helping you.

When everyone ganged up on me and accused me of being Xiomara, and promoting myself,  you joined in an said some very accusatory and unjust  things against me as well. You added a lot of fuel to an unnecessary fire. Why in all the months we chatted did you not ask me if I were Xiomara? Why did you thank me for helping you, then switch?  Gang mentality?

I know that online everyone needs to get their 2 cents in and feel important.

But what is the purpose of accusing me of being a sa and promoting myself? Why in this thread now too?  If you don't think calling me the SA and saying I am not who I am is not catty and mean and cliquey, then what is it? My private info was posted along with private photos of my family. is that not petty and mean? 

Me being attacked by people who just came in and created different users names to find stuff about me I posted on other forums, is that not mean? 

I know many people in this industry and how is what I do different than a blog ?  I will continue to share with people who appreciate it. 

Well, since Candace is asking to stop this line of discussion, let me write one answer and no more. @candacebt, feel free to delete my comment or this thread if necessary. Someone can always create a new Diptyque thread.

You are accusing me of all sorts of things that make no sense. I made one comment in the Barneys thread about my experience with Xiomara(which included ghosting, not just forgetting), which involved yourself. I was factual. I commented because what i thought was an isolated incident apparently wasn't, so i didn't think you should promote someone who seemed untrustworthy. I never accused you of being Xiomara, and i didn't come across pictures of yourself or your family.

What is all that about 'getting their 2 cents and being important'? I have chimed in here because you made passive agressive comments about 'petty and dramatic' people, which seemed to include myself, both in your original comment and in response to L4S. 

Lastly, exchanging a handful of polite PMs over an extended period doesn't make me owe you some kind of loyalty.

Give me time to PM everyone back, need to get back to a PC 🙂

Wow, this GWP sounds amazing! Thanks for the info, I'll be PMing you! 🙂 

Maybe you do think it is petty, but not everyone loves SAs posing as different members of the community and not even bothering to hide blatant soliciting of sales. I mostly avoid threads now where this gets out of hand. I enjoyed the diptyque thread for the most part- guess I'll have to avoid it too. 

I realize it is rude to blatantly call it out but not sure I care. 

I will have to agree with @lipstick4soul that something here is definitely fishy. Isn't the GWP worth as much as the buy-in to begin with? Or pretty darn close?

@lipstick4soul I personally have met both Xiomara and @luvgloss13 and I can assure you that they are not the same person.

Please refrain from making comments that would be hurtful to another member. 

TY Anne, so now I am Xiomara AND another sa working for another store! LOL

wow. I need to start collecting those paychecks for the multiple sa's I am. 

I find it sad that suspicion  is raised for someone that knows good sa's and wants to share to this community amazing  deals. 

This place is great, but the catty , cliquey and mean girl mentality is a drain for women to deal with. We should be lifting each other up .

Wait I've got it @luvgloss13 are you a shape-shifter who morphs into different SAs at different stores and then becomes luvgloss13 to lure customers into spending their money for fabulous free gifts??

of course not! Hahaha We are all just beauty fans sharing the fun of buying our favorite products. It's supposed to be fun. Not drama.

I appreciate you sharing the deal, especially for Diptyque as it's a high end brand and many of us want to take the plunge or collect more Diptyque and getting a free gift is perfect for brands like these.

TY doll! IDK, I know that most people who I speak with via PM are lovely and happy I share this info and appreciate  it and tell me to not let the meanies stop me. And yes I am a shape shifter! Because I have full Neiman Marcus Tom Ford info and deals to share, so that would make me 3 sa's!!! LMAO 

I would love to see pics and possibly know who your SA is. I've been debating making the dipq plunge

Yay this is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see pics..

For the record, there have been members of this forum to create extreme and even hurtful drama over sharing SAs.

Thats never been an issue on this thread, but @luvgloss13 is being wise to keep the info selective.

@luvgloss13 Are you in USA or Canada?

@TeaCupGirl the promotion is US

PMed you 🙂 thanks!

YW,, enjoy 🙂

Hello All:

It’s Fall Beauty Trend Week at my Nordstrom in Houston. Today I attended a Diptyque master class. My first time attending such an event and I really enjoyed it. Refreshments were provided. Learned a bit of history about the company and it's founders as well as the real meaning of 'diptyque'. 🙂

full_boxed_20160930_213904.jpg

From left to right:

Spoiler

Cosmetics bag with insert (gift w/purchase)

'34' Scented Candle

'La Madeleine' Candle

'Tubéreuse/Tuberose' Scented Candle (attendance gift)

34 Essences Insensées Eau de Parfum (limited edition 2014) (basenotes(dot)net(forwardslash)ID26143812(dot)html

Potpourri (rose/lavender/clove) (attendance gift)

'Gingembre' Room Spray

Porcelain Flower Diffuser (gift w/purchase)

bag and insert_20160930_214201.jpg

flower_IMG_0334.jpg

full_unboxed_IMG_0353.jpg

3 more pics:

Spoiler
la madeleine_IMG_0337.jpg

34-Esscenses2014_IMG_0342.jpg

ginger_IMG_0347.jpg
Anonymous Insider

Oh! I love it.

Nice picks! That room spray is perfect for fall. 

How was the madeleine candle in person?

I love the madeleine. It's warm with a vanilla base.

3 Replies
testing