Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

lovely, that's my preferred size! thank you for such a speedy reply 😘

Thank you!! It really is neat. Which SA do you use again at Van for Diptyque? Just your usual one or do you know someone at the Diptyque counter?

Also @dioradict, have you heard anything about the advent calendar?

@lachaton - I ordered from Calgary many times(they had gwp's arriving on time than Van before) but the SA left and I didn't find another one.

In Vancouver store, I order through the Diptyque Counter Manager and she uses WeChat(which I do) but I can get her email and contact info if you dont have wechat. She is super sweet too.

I asked about the Advent Calendar and she said they will send it to top selling stores and Vancouver is one. I am asking her to get it because I want one this year 😄

The holiday stuff will arrive end of Oct (trend week oct 23-30) and there will be a gwp too. She will get the new Essence Insensées too for which she got the tester. 

I just bought the last year Essence Insensées yday with GWP and Nordies 3x points 🙂

There is a IG Video of the carousel here posted by alarabasul 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKpy3jBDH91/?taken-by=alarabasul

@dioradict Thank you so much! Yes, I also stopped buying from Calgary after she left. Haven't had time to check out the TO store yet. 

Can you let me know the Van contact info for her? I don't even know what WeChat is haha. 

@lachaton - I will get her email or phone number today or tomorrow and pm you.  

We chat is like viber, whatsapp etc. but you don't need a phone number of the other person to chat, just the user name 🙂

P.S: We do have a Diptyque Master Class event on Oct 28  😄

This is absolutely beautiful!

Ok so I just talked to Alex at Nordstrom Sommerset. It's Nordstrom triple points next week and she has 2 gifts

for $100 purchase the gift is the 35g candle (I forgot which one darn it!) so much info..

and $150 purchase is the 70g Roses candle and a sample of the new Rose de Mai fragrance.

Also she said that next month in October is the Trend Show and for that the whole holiday collection would be in. Sounds like there are some Nordstrom exclusive items, including a 5 set of the fragrances for $115. Sounds nice!

The 35g candle could possibly be Redoute, as it is on a promotion at both Diptyque direct and other Nordstrom stores. 

So basically she's giving out the 70g Roses on top of what everyone else is giving. That's pretty awesome. Love it how she has yet to disappoint me on GWPs! Thanks much for the update, @AnneMCC!

omg i'm obsessing right now over the new stuff. thinking about getting the crackle photophore but that means spending another $75 for the candle to go inside...the gwp right now is putting me over the edge!

image.jpegMailer from diptyque that shows some holiday items- along with some existing stuff from the 34 collection-some of which are already on direct site. 

I haven't gotten a photophore yet but there are 2- one a crackle glass and one shaped like a lampshade that has paper inserts to change the look. I know it is slightly ridiculous (maybe part of the appeal) but I love the little carousel that goes on top of a candle- it is supposed to spin with the air current created by the lit candle warming the air. I also love the marble-looking candle cover. 

This is too cute! How do you sign up for Diptyque mailers and catalogues?

I get it through a boutique that I shop with. I'd be happy to share my SA info as well.

also, random question, what is your profile picture @Gwenhwyfar? Looks like a nudibranch/ sea monster, lol. 

Thanks! It is a nudibranch! 🙂 He's a cutie.

@Gwenhwyfar on Diptyque dot com you can sign up for their news and I shop at the Beverly Hills boutique. Allison there can send you one, she's the best!

Hi @AnneMCC, this is sort of a random question to ask but do you know if the Beverly Hills boutique still has any of their limited edition "Beverly hills" candles? I know they restocked at one point but it was a while ago.

@AnneMCC Thanks! I already get their emails, but I wondered if paper mail was different. I would like to see all of the holiday collection in one place; I'll check with my Nordstrom SA. 🙂

Yes that spinning candle wheel! One of the gals from the boutique called to tell me about that. I think I need a youtube video to understand it LOL

They sent me the catalog which I haven't had time to go through yet but the collection looks fab! I can post some more pics when I get time.

From Diptyque direct: "Delight in the mystery of the 34 Collection with a 35g Redouté candle and a 10ml Benjoin Bohème Eau De Parfum sample. Enjoy this exclusive set with any $150 order when you apply the code DIPTYQUE at checkout."

Got an email from them this morning, with the above blurb in light grey at the very top so I almost missed it-- it's almost like Diptyque doesn't want me to redeem their promo! :S A Nordies counter (not the one that I normally order from) had a similar offer-- the same 35g Redoute candle and a deluxe sample of 2016 Essences Incenses instead of Benjoin Boheme (which is a boutique exclusive). If anyone is interested in the offer, it might be worth it to call up your local Nordstrom!

@NarNarNars thanks for posting! I am going to call the Nordstrom gal you told me about, hoping she has a nice gift package for Trend show coming up 🙂

My pleasure, @AnneMCC! Please report back and let us know what Alex has to offer this time around! I called another Nordstrom, just because she didn't have what I was looking for according to the pay and pick up function of the Nordies website. If she has something better, then I may place another order with her... #firstworldproblem 

It looks like two new skincare products are now live on Diptyque's direct site.

I'm super interested to see how the facial oil compares to something like the Korres Wild Rose oil, which is also rose-infused and has a dry oil-like texture as well.

For the Essential Face Cream, if it's recommended to be used like a "face mask," I imagine that the texture is quite thick.  Would be interested to see if it's similar to other popular heavy face creams like La Mer.

Diptyque Essential Face Cream.png

Diptyque Facial Oil.png

1 Reply
testing