Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

There was also a lip balm in this collection. The theme with the new release is "infused"- rose petals in the face oil etc.  lovely concept and am interested to try but I really think of diptyque more for scents than skincare. Will be interested to hear how popular the skincare and body lines really are. I think they would make great gifts because they are so beautiful, but not sure I'd buy them for myself. Very reasonable price points, considering. 

Another holiday sneak peek

https://instagram.com/p/BICkUuyhue8/

Christmas candles

image.jpeg

So I was browsing in Saks this morning and they have a limited edition Diptyque notebook, comes in 3 colors. Looks like Barney's had it at one point but it's OOS now. 0411628897499_MULTIC_75x100-1.jpg0411628897499_MULTIA_75x100.jpg0411628897499_MULTIB_75x100.jpg

Diptyque gwp.jpg

So I received my order from Alex yesterday. I made a purchase of $150 exactly, and here are the gifts that I got (from L to R): Tuberose mini candle, atomizer filled with any fragrance of your choice (I chose Eau Rose), Do Son Shower oil, and Do Son fragrance sample spray, along with the canvas bag. The shower oil is .5 oz (15ml), and smells great! The atomizer is about the size of my index finger, both length- and girth-wise, and it's completely filled to the top. I'd say it's a bit smaller than the deluxe sample spray, so I think it was a pretty generous gift. This atomizer is the "default" gift with any purchase, and the rest is for a $150+ purchase. 

Overall it's not the best Diptyque GWP I have ever seen-- I still think that the black friday GWP from Diptyque direct just can't be beat--, but this is the best I've found for Nordstrom anniversary sale this year. 🙂

Thanks for sharing! I got that bag too as a GWP from the Beverly Hills store. 

from really ree

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 2.00.21 PM.png

What's inside:

Spoiler
  • Figuier mini candle
  • Eau Duelle EDT 10ml
  • Ambre mini candle
  • Myrrhe mini candle
  • L’Ombre sans L’Eau EDT 10ml
  • Pomander mini candle
  • 34 EDT 10 ml
  • 34 mini candle
  • Smoothing Body Polish 15ml
  • Eucalyptus mini candle
  • Tam Dao EDT 10ml
  • Oranger mini candle
  • Benjoin mini candle
  • Infused Facial Water 15ml
  • Doson EDT 10ml
  • Cypres mini candle
  • Opopanax mini candle
  • Vetiver EDT 10ml
  • Noisetier mini candle
  • Feu de Bois mini candle
  • Genevrier mini candle
  • Oud mini candle
  • Philosykos EDT 10ml
  • Vanille mini candle
  • Christmas candle small full size (one of three)

Picture of LE candle from 25th- early look at the packaging theme for holiday?

Nordstrom online is restocking the 5-pc mini candle set (that's currently sold out) on the 22nd! 

Has anyone tried the Diptyque Infused facial water? I have a mini sample of it, and think I like it, but have only used a couple of times. I definitely love the smell, but unsure I want to pay $55 for a full size yet without some other opinions!!

Okay, with @AnneMCC's encouragement, here's my SA's contact info. Her name is Alex (at Nordstrom Somerset Collection in Troy, MI), and she can be reached via store main number at 248.816.5100, ext 1071. Sorry, I don't have her cell! Tell her Billy sent you to her and she'll take good care of you all! And like I posted below, I do not receive anything for giving her referrals. Just wanted to be transparent on that. 🙂 

Last year she did a free full-sized solid perfume with a purchase of full-sized perfume spray, but unfortunately the deal I posted below is all she has for this year's anniversary sale. Oh well, some deal is better than no deal, right? 🙂 

This is great! It's so great to have an SA who does gifts and special events. I'm sure a bunch of us will be calling her!

@NarNarNars thanks we need this here! A lot of us were asking for a good Diptyque rep. I just can't get excited about the mini candles. I think because I'm spoiled with the bigger ones, I fear the tiny won't measure up. I got one of the sets to give as gifts. Maybe the sets are going fast to Diptyque newbies looking to try out the brand. 

@AnneMCC Yeah, I agree. I'd love to get those mini candles for free, but I'd be much hesitant to actually pay for them. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but maybe it's the same fear that you have over those mini ones.

With the Nordstrom GWP that I posted below, I have yet to find another store that does as good of a promo--not to mention a better one--as Alex's counter. I even called the flagship in downtown Seattle and they are only giving the mini tuberose candle w/ a $150 purchase. I guess these "unofficial" GWPs depend much more on SAs and/or counter managers, rather than the size and the traffic the counter/store gets. 

*cross-posting from the Nordstrom sale thread*

Nordstrom online isn't doing any GWP for Diptyque this year, but my SA (who is a brand ambassador) is doing the following: With any purchase, she's giving an atomizer with any fragrance of your choice; with a $150+ purchase, you get a deluxe sample of Do Son shower oil, tuberose candle, Do Son canvas bag and a Do Son spray. Call up your local Nordstrom to see if they do anything similar, or I'd be happy to pass on her contact info (FYI I'm not receiving anything from the referral)! 

I'm rather underwhelmed with the mini candle set (think it would have been much better with the medium sized candles, not the GWP sized ones), but she says those sets have been selling like hot cakes! I was hoping to see the snuffer as the "official" GWP for the anniversary sale like they have been doing for the past few years, but too bad they're not doing it this year. Whomp whomp.

HI what does everyone think about the Nordstrom Diptyque mini candle set? I noticed that it seems to have sold out online because it's not there this morning and the sale started at 3am EST.

I got one at the sale preview yesterday but I'm thinking of calling my SA for another one, can't decide!

The scents are wonderful but I don't like the throw of the mini candles.  I'd rather put the money towards a full size candle.

I would grab a couple if they last til the regular sale, but i won't really mind if they sell out earlier (which seems highly likely). I like all the scents, but I have tried them all and own those I love in bigger sizes. I order most of my Diptyque items during Space NK and Barneys beauty events 😉

Yeah I think I agree with both of you @TriesToBoClassy and @lezli

I think I'll just wait and get more candles at the Barneys event. I'm trying to be good and wait for the fall GWP bags 😉

I can't wait to see what the Barney's event will have this time around!  I am a sucker for GWPs!

Diptyque is going to be on Hautelook this coming Monday, July 11th!

My body (and wallet) are ready.

Diptyque Hautelook.png

testing