Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Did anyone buy anything from the Hautelook sale?  I was disappointed with the selection.  I was hoping for more.  I bought a large Liquidambar candle, a Phylosokos (sp) soap, and two travel size skincare sets.  I love Diptyque skincare!

Oh thanks so much for this! I got Diptyque on Hautelook last year and was waiting for it to come back 🙂

@AnneMCC Can you give us an idea of what items Hautlook had available previously?  I know selection can be very limited for some brands.  Trying to  decide if I need to take my iPad to work with me Monday.  Just got my quarterly bonus, so it's the perfect time to splurge on a nice candle.  

@mw23 So I only remember what I bought last year-a large candle in Jonquille which was a beautiful floral scent and I've never seen it since, I guess it was a discontinued one? And I got a duo of small Baies and Tubereuse. I want to say I paid around $75 for all of that so it was a great price!

im hoping for some skin care items on this time!

Thanks so much for the heads up!

Uh ohhhhhhh 🙊this may be a bit of a problem. I'll be digitally shoving other people out of the way lol. Thanks so much for the heads up - I can now prep and get ready for this ala black Friday/cyber Monday mode 😄

Yes! Thank you so much!

OMG YES!!!! thank you for this 😄 😄 😄 

The Beverly Hills boutique now has the Beverly Hills candle in stock-it was limited edition last summer and they got a small shipment of more. It's a beautiful candle and jar. The girls at the shop are super nice, you have to order via phone, but right now there is also a $150 buy in gwp of a mini Do Son perfume, mini sample size candle and a tote bag.

Beverly Hills candle is exclusive to the boutique and not online or at any retailers.

@AnneMCC Thanks for the heads up! I've been eyeing on that candle for a while, but I'm just afraid of buying candles sight unseen (or scent unsmelled? lol) after my failure with Rosaviola and Sapin from last year's holidays. Can you compare it to any of BBW's scents? From reading beauty look book, it seems like it's lemon, mint and a bit of orchid, but I just can't imagine what it really smells like. Since BBW have so many lemon-based scents, I thought they would have something at least comparable. Any input would be much much appreciated! 🙂

I agree with AnneMCC.  It is a light citrus with a touch of mint and floral.  It doesn't over power a room.  I bought it blind and a month later bought another. 

I can't compare it to any BBW scent but I can say it doesn't have what I consider the fake overpowering scents that many BBW candles have. 

I'm not sure how much you must spend for free shipping.  Call Allison at the Bev Hills boutique.  She is so sweet and will answer any questions you have.  She might be able to send you a sample of the wax to try it.  I hope that helps.

@NarNarNars I am unfortunately not familiar with BBW to make a scent comparison. But the Beverly Hills is very fresh and citrus. I bought it blind because I like virtually any citrus scent. It's very pleasant and not at all harsh or overly sweet. Rosaviola was too much, that was a bomb for me too. I just smelled the BH and I would say scent wise it's somewhat like Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde. It's just a very fresh nice citrus with a touch of sweetness.

Thanks for the notice. I've had my eye on that candle for a while! How much is the shipping? Is it free?

@bisoubisou I got 2 of the, and received free shipping. I can't recall if they ship free at $75 or $100, it might be one of those numbers 😉

I just received my Diptyque order from Shop Spring - i purchased the Feuille de Lavande 6.5 oz candle and absolutely love it!! and bonus I also got it for only $42 no tax!

For any other Diptyque lovers (or Byredo, Jo Malone lovers) let me know or PM me if you'd like a $20 referral for you to use on Shopspring or their mobile app (first time or new email signups) off of your $50 purchase.

If anyone has any other recommendations for fruitier floral scents plmk!! my local nordies not does carry Diptyque 😞 I am now open to trying new scents other than Baies 😄 

Great deal!

Sorry I've been delinquent keeping this thread updated. Sadly my local Nordstrom has downgraded the Diptyque boutique and Denny is no longer there. There is a new person but she's not the same (in terms of notifying on gifts and new items) @Gwenhwyfar I'm just now updating on this!

its great having an in store contact, so I'm going to see if I can find another Nordstrom with a sizable Diptyque counter and an SA who can give us some great deals!

Diptyque Do son shower in oil. Nordies canada will get it July 1, must be same for usa.

Screenshot_2016-06-30-06-25-56.png

@dioradict Thank you for posting this! Looks yummy!

Ladies, please help! Anne's Diptyque SA in Annapolis is no longer working at that counter, and I am in desperate need of a new Nordies Diptyque SA referral! (I have an order or two to place. ;)) Thanks in advance!

Edit: Updating to add that I met my local Diptyque SA finally. My store is very small and gets few promos, so I probably shouldn't share her info with anyone not in the area... Hopefully someone will find another big city SA to share with BTers!

I'm at the mall today and will swing by and see if I can get a name of who took over for Denny!

1 Reply
testing