Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Thank you for replying! It's good to know it could take up to four hours; I really appreciate that so I'm not rushing it.

I'm planning on eventually getting both accessories as they're so elegant. I saw on a blog somewhere that nordstrom has offered them in the past as a gwp during their anniversary sale with a $120ish diptyque order. I'm hoping they may do it again this year; fingers crossed. If not, I probably will purchase.

almost out of my favorite perfume (D&G L'Imperatrice) and debating a Diptyque purchase. of course Philosykos in on my list to smell, but anyone have any experience with Florabellio? the sea and coffee description has me intrigued....

I may be the only one but florabellio is one of my favorites. It is very unusual to get the salty note in that kind of scent with floral. I would smell it first or get a decant because most people don't like it. 

I case any one is interested, I've been sampling a few Diptyque fragrances as part of my search for a spring scent:

L'Ombre Dans L'eau EDP and EDT:  

These truly smell like the Baies candles, which is one of my favorite scents ever.  The EDP and EDT are very similar, with the EDP being stronger and longer lasting, as one would expect.  Unfortunately these are not going to work for me.  While I love the scent of the Baies candle, having the scent this close to my skin and for such a long period of time makes me a bit queasy.  Rose scents sometime have this effect on me, sadly.  However, I would recommend the scent to those who can stomach it!

Oyedo EDT

This one is in the running for my spring purchase.  It is a lovely combination of various citrus fruits.  I've alway loved citrus, so I sample ever citrusy scent I can get my hands on.  This one is a little different from anything I've tried.  It's a sweeter citrus on me, not masculine (at least on my skin), nor does it have that "lemon Pledge" scent that many people hate.  I was actually expecting something more masculine due to the cedar note listed in the description, but I don't smell it on myself.  The lasting power is good for a citrus scent, though that may not be saying much.  I think I'm getting a couple hours out of it.  The only reason I'm hesitating on this is that I already own a 1 oz. of Atelier's Orange Sanguine, and while they are very different scents I'm not sure I want to spend $90 on another citrus right now.

Eau de Lierre

I was really excited to try this one, but unfortunately this is a dud for me.  The notes listed on Diptyque's site are Ivy Leaves, Cyclamen, Musk, Rosewood.  Unfortunately on my skin the scent turns to rubber.  Not attractive, but I'm assuming this is all my body chemistry talking.

Eau des Sens Exclusive Gift

Recieve a complimentary deluxe Eau des Sens discovery gift including a 10ml Eau de Toilette and a 25g Eau des Sens soap. Discover the magic of our new fragrance combining citrus, floral, spicy, and woody notes using orange blossom, juniper berry, and patchouli essences.Use code SENSUS at checkout to redeem your gift with any $150 purchase.

upload_4852392726637887290.jpg

Currently online at Diptyque direct. Similar to the GWP AnneMCC posted below.

I plan to buy the big bottle of Eau de Sens (because I am a helpless perfume junkie!) but I know that I'll never use it up. I was going to get the smaller bottle but the price is just a few dollars more for double the size (3.4oz) so if anyone wants to do a trade or other type of deal for a decant, let me know by message 🙂

@AnneMCC, are you planning on purchasing through your Nordstrom SA for that lovely GWP that you posted about?  If you are, would you be at all interested in a trade for the little Eau de Sens soap in the GWP?

I might! Let me think about it a little bit..

Thanks for keeping me in mind!  No worries, though, if you decide otherwise!  🙂

Guess what, it's GWP time! Check out the GWP with the new Eau de Sens. I know this is at my local Nordstrom..I think everyone here already knows my SA but if you need contact info just message me. I don't know exactly what the buy in is. Eau de Sens is a beautiful orange blossom fragrance. I love it, tried it in store Saturday..

image002.jpg

Hi There,  Would you happen to know the buy in for the GWP?  Thanks...

$150 in Diptyque.

This is a really lovely GWP!  I'm also happy to hear that you're enjoying Eau de Sens!  I'm working through my little sample vial of it, and while I'm still not picking up any notes other than orange blossom, I've been having a lot of fun with layering Eau de Sens on top of other Diptyque scents.  Maybe once the weather warms up significantly, the notes will develop better on my skin.  

I don't pick up other notes either-there is supposed to be Patchouli and I can usually smell that a mile away but I don't get it..

Which scents have you layered Eau de Sens with?

I layered Eau de Sens on top of a couple Diptyque fragrances that I don't enjoy wearing on their own:

+Tam Dao = a really balanced woody floral fragrance.  I think Eau de Sens added a little bit of sweetness to the dry, straightforward woodiness of Tam Dao.

+Oud Palao = heady incense-y goodness softened a bit by a touch of floral.  I remember being really excited when Oud Palao was released because the fragrance description promised Bulgarian rose, and I was expecting a strong floral scent balanced by oud.  By itself, I think the oud in Oud Palao is a bit of spotlight stealer, and I found it hard to pick up on the other notes.  With Eau de Sens on top, it made Oud Palao more wearable for me by rounding out some of the sharpness of the oud.  

+L'eau des Hesperides = herbal orange blossom.  I really dislike Hesperides by itself -- I think it might be the mint or another savory herb that I find to be much too overpowering.  Eau de Sens is a good counterweight to the herb that stands out too much to me in Hesperides, and in turn, Hesperides saves Eau de Sens from smelling too feminine and sugary sweet for my tastes.

Wow, great suggestions!  Thank you.  I have samples of all these and will try layering as well. 

Have fun experimenting, lezli!  And please let me know if you have found another combo that you love!  If you have any Diptyque scents that you find to be too linear, I think those would be good candidates for layering.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I would love to find a sample of Eau Lavande and combine it with Eau de Sens... 😉

Thank you .  You too!  A Diptyque sales associate said he likes to layer Eau Duelle and Eau Rose.  I haven't tried it yet. 

What are all those goodies?  Please give details!  I am giddy!

Ok from my zoom in, I took a photo in store too, it's a perfume spray sample, a 10ml mini perfume, a mini soap and a body lotion. And the shopping tote...

testing