Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

vanille has become my favorite diptyque candle, but it's not sugary and hardly even sweet. the bit of sweetness that comes with it comes from the woodiness, as sungelly said below. so it's probably best your stay away from it until you can get your nose on it in person.

highly recommend figuier. i think it's the perfect spring candle (if you don't like florals). the fig is not juicy, but rather very green and fresh. 

Now that you mention fig, I'm pretty sure that Figuier was one of the ones I was considering (I was reading descriptions online). I'll definitely get that one. Yeah, I tend to like a sweeter vanilla so maybe the vanille is not for me. Or maybe it would be good for fall...I don't necessarily hate spicy/woodsy, I just prefer those fragrances in the fall/winter.

Thanks for your recommendations!

You might like Figuier! It is light and fruity, not sweet, maybe a tad woodsy. Vanilla is really nice too.

It is a floral, but you might want to consider Muguet(lily of the valley) as well. I have only sniffed it in-store, but it is light, soft and green. The most springy of the bunch, imo. Freesia would be another spring flower, but i found it to be rather spicy (again, in-store sniffing only).

You might also like 34 boulevard saint germain(sophisticated dry green?) or La Prouveresse(mossy, reminds you of a springtime walk in the woods).

Of course your best bet would be to visit a counter and sniff everything 😄

There is currently a skin/bodycare gwp (no minimum purchase, but Soin Du Corp line specific- more details a few pages back) on Diptyque direct, and there is supposed to be a Choisya mini candle gwp for $75+ purchases from Barneys. Personally I like buying Diptyque things when there is either a brand specific gwp or a store-wide gwp at places like Space NK and Barneys.

I have la Prouv and it is mossy and springy, I like it (although I think the descrip mentioned cedar and I was hoping it would be a little more evergreen, but in the end it's better that it is not evergreen bc it's more spring!).

Everyone's comments here make me want Vanille!

Thank you so much! I'm not in any rush so I will hunt around and wait for a good GWP.

I would recommend Figuier and Oyedo. Unfortunately Vanille is woodsy so I'm not sure if you'd like it.

I would wait for the GWP, the buy in is usually not that high. Nordstroms is doing a beauty trend show so you can call in your order and they would ship it to you.

Diptyque website also has offers many times during the year. Right now its for skincare though (See below).

TIL Oyedo exists in candle form. The fragrance wasn't my favorite but i can see it working really well as a candle.

I love how we are excitedly answering Jennifer's question 😄

My first thought was, "I'm going to finally buy a Diptyque," and my second thought was, "I know just who to ask about it"

I ❤️ BT

Thanks for your help! I will wait for a GWP and check out Nordstrom 🙂

Just noting...I can't afford this thread...but I do have a secret stash of Diptyque candles I save for special occasions!

Haha that's too funny Meganlisa, just hang out we're all in the same boat. It's fun to talk about it even if you're not buying!

I just got the Provenuesse candle (spelling sorry!), and I really like it!   I was hoping I'd LOVE it, it falls just short of love for me, but it's still worth it I think. 🙂

I have the special edition one in the marbled clay jar, it sort of "matches" my special edition Redoute candle (which is a LOVE).

It's a somewhat "green" scent though I was hoping you would smell cedar a bit stronger, it's nice for spring!  The marbled jar is lovely and looks great next to my Redoute.

😄

That sounds interesting Nicrohr! I'm going to smell this one if my Nordstrom has it...

reporting back on the Diptyque direct GWP- it is indeed the face care travel set that ccc52795 wrote about http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Discussion-for-the-Diptyque-Crowd-please-join/m-p...

I ordered the body travel set to get it (and a Figuier candle to meet minimum shipping) so i am excited to be able to try full-on Diptyque skincare sometime this spring 🙂

Spoiler
Bonus for korean speakers: french sounds absolutely ridiculous when written using korean alphabet..
20160223_123124-1.jpg

what are the details on how to get this, I'm not seeing it on the site

On the diptyqueparis.com website select "more" at the bottom of the screen and then "exclusive offers."  You will see the information there. The GWP will appear in your bag when you add facial or body skincare.  Hope that helps.

THX

Anonymous Insider

Good to know it is the same one! I have had the body travel set and a mini candle in my shopping bag but trying to avoid the temptation - so many other beauty minis to get through without adding more to the stash! But it is so difficult to pass up a freebie haha.

hahahahaha thank you for this 

I wish they'd just... translate the words. 

Visage turns to Vijaju lol

Lol yes, why not translate?! I am glad it gave you a good laugh 😉

Have you ever seen this? XD

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 1.52.51 PM.png

Such amazing exotic dishes, like the renowned "six membership fees pip rice..." 

12 Replies
testing