Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss 🙂 One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

ok, translating is risky...

loll i would love some bear thang 🙂

But, that "the cold noodle whichit rubs" sounds pretty delicious

Hahaha 

There's also the delectable "Our house Bear Thang"

That's right. Thang. Not thing. 

Pretty sure they used Google Translate for this 😄 

Oh so basically you got the Face travel set for free buy buying the body travel set? and a candle to get free shipping? Wow that does sound nice. I'm tempted!

yes, most items from the L'Art De Soin collection (excluding lip balms, hand cream, and soap?) qualifies you for the GWP, and shipping is free when you spend $75+. Even with the GWP, it is a lot to pay for basic skin/body care, but it's still a good opportunity to try the line.

Has anyone smelled the Choisya candle? It's the step up gift for Diptyque for Barney's Beauty Bag event and I wanted know if its worth getting.

It is Mexican Orange Blossom.  I love the smell!  It transports me back to vacationing in Puerto Vallarta every time I smell it.  What size is the step-up candle?

35g so it's a mini with $75 purchase

I looked it up and it looks like it would be a wonderful one if you like orange blossom..? I would love it, but i have spent already way too much (especially on Diptyque 0_0) to place yet another order. Do let me know your thoughts on the scent if you decide to get it!

I'm here to report back on my first Diptyque oval, in Rosaviola.  I got my package from Beautyhabit yesterday.  In case anyone is interested, I was very happy with their service.  They provided 3 free samples, all of which I'm excited to try.  They shipped out very fast.  The only downside for me is that the package came from California and I am in Pennsylvania.  For others I'm sure the CA location would be a plus.  Still, I ordered on a Saturday and got it on Friday, so not bad at all.

Back to my purchase, I hung the oval from a hook in my closet, closed the door and waited a few hours.  It's hard to describe the size of my closet - it is not a walk-in, but it is rather wide, a pretty ample space.  When I opened the door later in the evening I smelled . . .nothing.  However, I grabbed the hem of the shirt the oval was hanging near and noticed that the fabric was scented.  So what I did next was I pulled out the shirt I planned to wear today and hung the oval over the hanger.  I put the shirt on this morning and two hours later I can still smell the scent!

In conclusion, not so great for an air freshener, but it will scent your clothing if kept in near proximity.  I'm going to keep experimenting with different applications, but I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far.  The question is how long the scent lasts.

I went a bit crazy for Rosaviola this winter. I have the oval, too. (Plus both sizes of candle and the solid perfume--:shame:. )I hang it in my bathroom. Luckily for me (though, usually, it's unluckily), I have a very sensitive sense of smell, so that little waft of violet kind of does work as an air freshener for me.

Oooh!  How do you like the solid perfume?  It was sold out by the time I decided it wanted it.  If this scent ever returns I would scoop up a perfume in a second!

This is helpful info, I think if I get one I'll use it in linen closet or drawer..I have yet to find something that scents my closet well. I have a small walkin. What does work is spritzing all the clothes with perfumes from my not currently wearing stash every couple of days..

My SA swears by the Diptyque room spray. That might be a good closet option...

i just want to say i stay out of this thread because i'm making a concerted effort to not be enabled 😉 . but diptyque brings me great joy. and i'll pop in and share next time i treat myself !!

Aw you can just hang for the love and we will try not to enable you 🙂

I got an Aritzia candle...now I've gotta find it. It was some kind of promo gift online for special customers. I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about...m_55b62e7e2784934a8c0100ef.jpg

Thinking about getting my first Diptyque candle today (Rosa Viola). I need some moral support LOL. I can afford to spend the $65 but something about spending that much on a candle gets me. 

Shall we enable my guilt away? 😄

And also the candle is beautiful. I know it's really pricey but the jar is a collectible the fragrance is amazing and the quality will not disappoint! Cross over to the 'Diptyque' side!

Silly question, but is the fragrance overwhelmingly rose-y? I love love love the jar and I love candles and I know it's expensive, but...

(oh, I don't love roses, that's why I asked about the scent!)

Do you have Guerlain Meteorites? I find it to be extremely similar with a touch of rose. It's very floral so if you aren't super fond of florals that's something to consider..but I actually don't find it to be a heavy rose..

I second that, but would say sweeter than the meteorites.

testing