annypoo

Disappointed with my last order :(

So I just received my order today and I purchased the Nars lip glosses in Bad Education and Coup de Coeur that were on promo for $10. I was so excited to received them, I've been impatiently waiting since Christmas. BUT they smell soooo bad, like plastic. I don't know if they're old or what but it's so strong that I can't even wear them. Now I'm wondering why they were on sale........

I also ordered the Benefit neutrals palette as a gift but it didn't arrive in time so I ended up picking one up in the store anyway, so that is going back too. I'm so sad that everything is going back. It's almost embarrassing to be returning every item I ordered.

voxxie

Re: Disappointed with my last order :(

(0) Hearts

I bought those as well (including backups for gifts too!) and I was so disappointed about the smell as well :smileysad: I thought that I got a bad batch and felt so bad about returning them. Bad Education was such a gorgeous colour too. It's such a bummer =[

MK89

(0) Hearts

I'm returning mine in Coup de Coeur...I thought I lucked out, but the second time I used it, I almost choked when I opened the tube. It smelled THAT bad. I don't know why NARS won't change the formula, if all their glosses smell like that...ugh...

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Take them back!! Every Nars gloss I've ever purchased has had that rancid crayon smell so I just quit buying them. It's a shame because they make some of the best blushes and lipsticks in the business! Sorry girl! I know what it's like to be really excited about a product that turns out to be a disaster!

Coffeeholic

I bought two of the Nars $10 glosses as well, and ended up returning both of them. The brown one smelled like a rancid crayon to me (it had definitely gone bad), while the red lip gloss had a strange plastic smell. 

Reading the comments, it appears that they are supposed to smell like plastic (ugh). 

Think I'll be sticking with their blushes and lip pencils.

bfuller

I ordered 2 in Coup de Coeur and though both of mine do smell, it is very typical NARS.  As Nebel says, the scent of lanolin can be extremely strong sometimes and smell kind of like plastic.  It fades within 10 - 15 minutes or so.

Thankfully, the color is highly pigmented for a sheer, with great coverage.  It's description was pretty accurate in that it's a sheer apple brandy color.  It'll be something a bit different for me since I'm more drawn to reds and roses but thinking I'm actually liking the change up.  Definitely worth the $10 spent for it.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have a lot of Nars lip glosses & none of them smell. I actually prefer them to MAC because they aren't tacky & don't have that plastic stench. 

IllegallyBlonde

I bought one of the glosses too, didn't get mine yet but I read on the reviews that they might be expired? I hope that is not true, I didn't read the reviews before I ordered it. 

makeupmaven

That is how they smell. Bummer, beautiful colors though!

MK89

I received mine in Coup de Coeur today, and it did smell a little bit plastic-y in the tube, but I wore it all day today and didn't notice any smell. Maybe I'm not so sensitive to smell? The only complaint I have is that I wish it was more pigmented

waterbaby1981

I picked up Bad Education and I didn't notice any discernible smell.  Now I want to go double check it.  Or maybe just lucky?

Of course, I've also been sick all week...

marydiva

Don't be embarrassed! If you can't stand the smell of something, you have every right to return it! Plus, with the Benefit Neutrals Palette, don't feel bad at all - since you haven't touched it, they can just re-sell it! :smileyhappy: And besides, the whole reason why those NARS glosses were on sale was probably because they wanted to get rid of them in the first place. I'm sure you won't be the only one returning them :smileyhappy:

nicholletta

Don't be embarrassed honey. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

vanillammm

All of the nars lip glosses smell that way. It is such a downer, I know.

mrsstory

I'm expecting my order with Bad Education to arrive tomorrow.  I hope it's just a lanolin smell, because I can deal with that.  :-(

nikki

Aww, I ordered Bad Education so I hope it's not bad. :smileysad: I've never had a plastic smell from Nars lip glosses before :/

bombshell30

Every one I have ever bought has been stinky. You've been Lucky Nix!

nikki

(0) Hearts

I think I have a weak smeller though, like nothing bothers me. So yay for me but terrible for anyone getting close to my lips :smileywink:

kssweetheart

Oh no, that stinks, literally!

It's awful when you wait in anticipation for your package to arrive and then....it stinks.

I have a HUGE problem with smell of Most lip products, I don't want to smell popcorn or orange creams under my nose and in my mouth for as long as the gloss lasts.

I wanted to get the Nars gloss when it was $10.00 and almost did it, but I knew the colors probably wouldn't work for me. Wish you had better luck.

Did the smell ever go away? Was it like a toxic plastic smell? Do you think it was supposed to smell that way?

**and the flavor of this sumptuous lip gloss, from a very prestigious brand, is Toxic Plastic with a slight hint of Lead Based Paint...Ooooh, Aaaah. J/K.....kinda'

At least you can still send them back, but I know it's a drag. Hope you have better luck next time. Any 'stinky' info you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

annypoo

I'm not sure but I read the reviews after I received mine and a lot of people are complaining about the smell of these 2 specific lip glosses too 

http://www.sephora.com/lip-gloss-P384566?skuId=1030394

nebel

Some Nars lip products smell VERY strongly of lanolin.  Some people are very sensitive to the scent (and the lanolin itself)  Sorry you have to return your haul!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 27 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • nikki
    • DTalksAll
    • marydiva
    • waterbaby1981
    • bombshell30