gingerblack

Deluxe samples: do you open them right away?

I am interested to hear if you guys open your deluxe samples right away, or if you wait to finish a product in the same category before opening it. I wait to finish my products before opening up a deluxe sample, even though I really want to open it! For example, I am currently finishing up a primer before opening up the Hourglass primer sample and porefessional. I also am waiting to try out some mini mascaras and mini exfoliators. I don't know why I wait when I want to try them so bad hah. Does anyone else do this?

sparklekai

Re: Deluxe samples: do you open them right away?

i had a bad habit of opening everything because i couldn't wait (which is how i ended up with 12 - yes 12 bottles of lotion open).  I made it my goal this year not to open something without finishing something first, only 1 of a type of product at a time.  It also means i'm finishing things, because i'm not using the product every 12 days.  

heartsmyface

That's a lot of lotion! 

sparklekai

i've slid off the bed more than once :smileywink:

Biedazzle

I typically wait. I'm weird about wanting to finish things before opening something new. It makes me feel good about all this money I spend at Sephora if I'm at least seeing that I'm using some things up! 

almostyou

I'm the exact same way. I like to know that I'm actually using what I'm buying.

kenny

I do this! I have too many, so I have a particular drawer for samples and backups :smileyhappy: This way I actually use up products before they expire. And so I can properly test out products (ie. only testing out one new skincare product at a time). But I know, I've definitely wanted to open some up right away, but made myself wait. Sometimes it's so I have the deluxe samples for travelling or so I don't have 20 different mascaras open at once

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I have a separate section especially for 'travel' makeup. It's got samples of my favourites so I don't have to carry as much bulk. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • ChicDabbler
    • mrsbaine
    • gingerblack