runy

Current Makeup Rotation

Hey all!  Since we all have big 'ol stashes of makeup we know some things get neglected.  Now that holiday time is coming, I've been taking out some colors I've been ignoring.  So share with me, what's in your current makeup rotation for whatever is going on with you right now, new & old!

Brighter Lipcolors: MAC Sheen Supreme in Quite the Thing!, UD Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencils, LORAC Tie Dye Lip Glosses

Holiday worthy eye colors: Golds colors like BE Queen Phyllis, UD Half Baked, Shimmery colors like UD Sidecar, UD Sin, BE The Playlist , MUFE Pigment Red, UD El Dorado liner

Highlighers: BE Pure Charm, MAC Chez chez Lame

Colorful nails: Golds, Reds & Dark reds (like OPI Black Cherry Chutney, OPI Bogota Blackberry), shimmery colors Too Faced & Ulta Enchanted Nail set

blu3lagoon427

Re: Current Makeup Rotation

(0) Hearts

- NARS Sheer Glow 

- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel

- NARS Orgasm

- MAC Soft Ochre paintpot

- MAC Grain eyeshadow

- MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow

- MAC Brun eyeshadow for brows

- Revlon Lip butter in Cotton Candy

- L'Oreal Carbon Black Mascara

- Dior Amber Diamond

eyeshadowjunky

I have noticed a lot of my makeup goes untouched for a while since I always reach for my favorites. So I started rotating the products I have duplicates of every day. My rule is to go through every single eye shadow palette/duo/quad before I can reach for the next one. Same with my lip products. What I do after I have used them each day is put them in one of 3 bins- favorites, likes, dislikes. This is helping me to narrow down my stash to items I really like. Also it is challenging me everyday. I love it!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I feel like I have (really) been ignoring everything other than what is in my purse (for the past month or two)...it's definitely time to switch things up! For now, these are the things in the makeup bag that come everywhere (or that I use before leaving the house):

NARS Sheer Glow, Siberia

NARS Pressed Powder, Snow

NARS Concealer, Chantilly

Burberry Eyeliner(s), Midnight Ash + Golden Brown

YSL Faux Cils, Noir Radical

Burberry Eyeshadow(s), Rosewood, Pale Barley, Dark Sable

Fresh Eyeshadow, Ecole Militare

Dainty Doll Blusher, Hippy Shake (a pale lilac)

Labello chapstick(s) in Classic, Rosé and some kind of tropical fruit

MAC Lady Bug

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color, Nude Rose

Burberry Lip Velvet, Pink Amber

Clinique Chubby Stick, Oversized Orange

@sephoramusthave: Thanks for reminding me that I love red blush, too! I'll have to dig out Tarte Natural Beauty...that's one of my faves! I love NARS Exhibit A, too, but it's not nearly as user friendly :smileywink:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Katie-----Thanks for sharing your fave red blushes with me! My skin is fair in the winter, light most of the year because I live in the south and medium after a summer vacation so I usually reach for pale pinks and corals, the red blushes looked so scary in the pan! I only own one, Benefit Benetint and its a deluxe sample that I got from a kit. I tried a couple in store and I really love them and they are on my wishlist/to buy soon hehe....Stila Convertible in Poppy and MUFE Blush in Scarlet. Just a *tiny* bit gives the prettiest rosy flush, and even though they look uber scary (just like Benetint! Blood red!) in the pan, they look so nice on. I will add your recommendations to my list to try in store next time!

janinebt

Nice topic runy!

I've been reaching for fuller coverage foundation since my skin has been looking a bit dull recently. Even though winter is just around the corner I still find myself contouring with bronzer pretty much everytime I wear makeup. I've been reaching for my deeper toned facial highlighters, I have a really pretty shimmery NYX blush in the perfect bronze color. Some of the other products I've been reaching for this season so far are...

Purple lips and nails: I've just been on a deep purple kick this season. Right now my hair is dyed an ombre purple (although I'm playing with the idea of rocking all black hair again). 

Matte bright colored shadows and glitter liner (usually for evenings out): For a while I was kind of shying away from too much color on my lids, but recently I've been going all out. Purple, gold, neon yellow, bright teal...I've just been having some fun experimenting with new looks.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sephoramusthave

Im super into red blush, red lipstick and shimmery champagne/taupe shadows right now. And I've been wearing tinted moisturizer instead of my usual bronzer or powder foundation.

1. NARS TM

2. Dior Addict Lipstick in New Look (my FAVE red)

3. NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red

4. NARS Lipstick in Manhunt

5. Benefit Benetint Blush

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP

7. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit

8. UD shadow in Sin (speaking of which...I'm out and need to restock PRONTO)

9. MUFE Eyeshadow in 127 ((killer color, formula and slim packaging...and the shade range is so impressive (100+) that I have no doubt in my mind that I will be getting more of these. Plus I've never seen anyone carry so many lighter neutral shades!))

maltipoo66

I've transitioned into holiday season too- I've switched from brown eyeliner and neutral shadows to intense gold shadows with black liner and brighter lips.  Here are the products I like to use for this look:

Mac Paint Pot Bare Study (on lid only)

Sephora mono shadow in Californian Blonde over it (pale gold)

Urban Decay Half Baked (gold) -sometimes

Urban Decay Buck in the crease (matte medium brown)

Urban Decay Zero eyeliner pencil along top lashline (with cat eye flick)

Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Mascara

Clinique lip gloss in Fireberry or the red lipgloss from the Stila All is Bright holiday lip gloss set

I also realize that I've been using more blush (or a cream blush and a powder blush on top to set it) to get that "just out from the cold look" all day long.  I love the holiday season!

makeupobesessed

I have a few masacaras that may either getbused and or thrown away, and start a new batch.  I'm not so loyal to mascara but I do have my Favs.  I have Aton of lip glosses to go through sin colors I don't wear in summer, especially a few lip sticks.  I also have tons of shadows and samples that I just either have to go through or stop getting samples.

beautytester

Lip glosses instead of tinted lip balm. I prefer tinted lip balms, but the moisture disappears instantly in the dry heat and does not protect my lips against the brutal wind. Lip gloss leaves a thick layer that seals the moisture in and protect against chapped lips. Also I just brought the set of 6 Buxom lipgloss and I have to say, I am impressed.

No face make up except for primers. Face make up can rub off on scarfs and hats, and I rarely wash them and I hate the thought of week old make up rubbing against my skin. Primers are excellent because they block wind, extra layer for chapped/raw cheek prevention.

Pencils instead of eyeshadows. It's cold and I don't want to get up early, so I end up just do my skincare, grab a couple of pencils (eyeliner, or shadow pencils) and do them when I get to work. I have Sephora nano and Urban Decay mini shadow pencils, so they take up like zero space.

That was it.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Shadows: Going back to some basics, like my Clinique duo in Like Link (soft nude and warm brown), along with Smashbox's In Bloom palette (discontinued/old Spring palette), I'll probably start throwing in some color for holiday parties

Lips: Laura Mercier Sparkling Pink (my staple), but I'm topping it off with Fusion Beauty's Lip Infatuation in In the Nude rather than using Stila's Kitten, I'll probably start sporting my deep, bold magenta from Napoleon Perdis in Electra

I will say this though, a few weeks ago I put a deep cherry/auburn rinse in my naturally black hair. So there's my bit of change for the winter season. I used to color my hair years ago and had a shade even brighter than what I current have, but wanted something more subtle.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • blu3lagoon427
    • janinebt