kalex

Count (if you dare)

I know there are many ladies on here that qualify as beauty addicts and product junkies and I was wondering, "How do I compare?" So let’s take a count (if you dare)! How much do you have?

Foundations/TMs –

Primers/Luminzers -

Powders -

Blush -

Lipstick/lipgloss –

Eyeshadows –

Eyeliner -

Multi-use Palettes -

Jillie

Re: Count (if you dare)

[ Edited ]

@Daisy346

I never thought of doing that! That is such a good idea to do with makeup/nail polish/hair products that I am just going to throw out... instead I am going to donate it! My neighbor (who is a hairdresser) volunteers at a nursing home. Plus that is so sweet of you to do! 

@Sarithor

I always knew I had a lot of nail polish but I never realized I have THAT much. When I hit the 100 mark I said to myself "Holy #@$%... I need to stop buying nail polish" 

But you want to hear the horrible thing! I was on temptalia.com (beauty blog) and there is this new nail polish called "Crackle Glaze" by China Glaze... ohhh my goodness when it comes out, I don't have to get it, I NEED to get it! It looks amazing! I feel as though nail polish is the one thing I have an obsession with. I am a huge fan of "gimmicks" or anything "cool" looking... its horrible, I know!

vanityprincess

[ Edited ]

I'm also at work! (Wow we should all really be doing our jobs)

Anyways I'll do this later or tomorrow, it seems fun!:smileywink:

Edit:

Okay Lets See

Foundation TM:4

Primer/ Luminizer: 3

Powders: 3

Blush: 3

Lips: 12

Eyeshadow: 3 Palletes 4 singles

Eyeliner: 6

Multi use: 0

----

OTHER:

Mascara: 5

Concealer: 3

Nailplish: 25 (I should get more)

katimae

(0) Hearts

I'll probably do mine tonight or tomorrow. But I'm not counting any of the ones in "the box under the sink" that I don't use but won't throw out.  I'm actually a little scared..  Even with reading everyone elses, I know I'm not so bad in some, but .......    :smileywink:

officegal

Daisy, that's so nice of you!  I love that.  :smileyhappy:  And I don't have backups or duplicates but I would count each product, because I think Kalex was getting at quantity with her original question.

Sarithor, I was surprised at the amount of blush and lippies I have.  I thought I had half the amount for each.

And I demand that Mermade join in the fun of confessing!  Come on!!  :smileywink:

serendipity01

[ Edited ]

Disclaimer:  I'm not couting samples that I got for free, since most of those are stashed off in a box because I haven't used them yet (and they'll most likely go into the TSB3!) 

I'm guessing that my numbers will be on the low side....?  Before Prescriptives went out of business (late 2009-ish?), I pretty much only used Prescriptives products and some Clinique, because that's what my mom used.  It wasn't until Nov 2009 when a friend took me to Sephora....  :smileyhappy:

Foundations/TMs –  2 (one is an old bottle of Prescriptives that should definitely be thrown away!)

Primers/Luminzers - 4

Powders - 2

Blush - 4

Lipstick/lipgloss – 10

Eyeshadows – 3.  4 if you count the one from the Sephora bday gift last yr

Eyeliner - 16  (eek, apparently I like eye liner!  haha)

Multi-use Palettes - 4 (UD Naked, 2 Clinique quads, 1 Stila trio)

Mascaras - 5 (but one is the Dior lash growing primer, and one is unopened)

Nail Polish - A lot... more than 50, less than 100.

I think that I probably spend more money on skincare items than makeup.  :smileyhappy: 

kalex

(0) Hearts

Serendipity - That's a nice stash!  You beat me on eyeliners and nailpolish! 

6aad0801

[ Edited ]

Skincare (face) products: 5

Primer (eye & face): 2

Foundation: 1

Concealers: 3

Mascara: 1

Eyeshadow (sets, duos, singles): 28 MAC ; 24 NARS; 10 other (112 colours)

Brushes (singles, sets): 9 (15 brushes)

Blush/Highlighter: 8  (11 colours)

Bronzer and Face Powders: 2

Multi-use (single and mini set): 2  (4 colours)

Lip (full-size glosses, velvet pencils, sticks): 8

Curler: 1

Eyeliner (pencil and stylos): 3

:smileyvery-happy:

6aad0801

(0) Hearts

In lieu of stash:   Stock or Stockpile

kalex

[ Edited ]

Deep breath...

Foundations/TMs – 8

Primers/Luminzers/Highlighters - 10

Powders - 6

Blush - 12

Lipstick/lipgloss – 103

Eyeshadows – 33

Eyeliner - 14

Multi-use Palettes - 7

Nailpolish - 53

(I didn't do a count for concealers, eyeshadow primers, and mascaras because I only have a few of each.)

Hmm.  I have issues with lipstick for sure.  I flat out refuse to break-down my eyeshadow palettes and multi-use palettes like Sarithor did.  I'm not even going to think about it. 

sarithor

@Kalex haha, yeah 103 lip products is A LOT lol. Makes me feel better about my 53... but not by much. I never knew I had a problem with lip products until I counted. I knew I was obsessed with eye shadows and I know I can be ridiculous with blushes, cause I'm always looking at new blushes, even though I know I have plenty in different colors. But the lip products caught me off guard haha... they just sneak up on you.

Was anyone else surprised about what they discovered counting their stash?

mermadelove

@kalex:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

103 lipsticks?! I bow to you.......:smileywink:

serendipity01

(0) Hearts

@kalex - omg 103 lip products?!  I don't even own any lipstick at all.  I've gotten ones in Clinique and Prescriptives gift with purchases before, but I just feel like I'm not a lipstick person so I always end up trying them once and then throwing it out.  :smileysad:  I think I just have a lot of eyeliners because sets that I buy always seem to come with one.  Plus, I got a 500 pt perk a while back that came with 4 or 5 UD 24/7s.  Oh, come to think of it, I forgot to count the double ended UD 24/7 that's inside the Naked palette!  haha.  Does that count as 1 or 2... hmm....  LOL

daisy346

This is all so funny! Reading this is better than TV.

I am going to count mine this weekend, either tonight or tomorrow. I didn't have time to do it last night because I was playing with the TSB. I see at least a few people that have me beat when it comes to nail polish and lipstick, not that I don't have plenty of each. A thought: are we counting each DIFFERENT product, or does it count if you have full, unopened refills of things you're currently using? For example, if I have a powder that's three-fourths empty & a refill one waiting, do I have to count 2, or just 1?

Fortunately, I got rid of a lot of nail polish a few years ago. My sister works in a nursing home (she's in the dementia unit so the residents are kind of out of it) and I gave her a bunch of stuff I didn't want. She paints the women's nails when she has time and it makes them sooo happy. She says they don't care what color, or if it's old polish or whatever, they just like having them painted. I also gave her some old perfumes/body sprays that I got as gifts and didn't like. She said they love having anything like that, no matter what it smells like, it's better than their natural smell :-)

sarithor

(0) Hearts

@Daisy346, thats really sweet you have your nail polishes and perfumes to your sister to use in a nursing home. My Grandma, before she passed, was in a nursing home, she was blind, but I know it made her soo happy when girls came and did her hair for her. She looked forward to it all the time, even if she couldn't see it.

daisy346

It's amazing how much beauty products or getting their hair or nails done still make women happy, at any age! That will be me when I'm 90. I'll be begging someone to please paint my nails or put lipstick on me.

katimae

(0) Hearts

Oh, this is just tooooo scary you guys!

kalex

J12003 and Officegal - I'm sending you both to Nailpolish Rehab! :smileyhappy:  I feel a little bit better now... You've got me creamed in that category! 

Sarithor - You've got me beat when it comes to eyeliners!  Nice stash!

(P.S. - I'm shredding my list when I'm done counting too!)

Mermadelove - I offer you my moral support!

sarithor

[ Edited ]

Haha, this sounds like fun

Ok here I go...

Foundations- 6 (no tinted moisturizer, I love full coverage)

Primers/Luminizers- 3 primers 1 Luminzer

Powders- 3 ( I'm really not a big powder fan)

Blushes- 8... its really hard to find a good shade lol

Lipsticks/Lipglosses- Lipsticks - 12 Lipglosses 33.... yeeeah...

Eyeshadows- 18 singles 12 palettes... I usually only buy palettes.

Eyeliners- 21... lots of different colors out there, you need choices.

Multi-use Palettes- 5

If you want to break it down even more by counting whats in the palettes I really have...

Eyeshadows- 236 (umm... I don't know what to say about that)

Lip Glosses- 53 ..... wow

Blushes- 15

Luminzers - 4

Did I mention I just bought another eyeshadow palette, and a blush and luminizer set???

Oh yeah, other things not listed..

Concealers- 7

Bronzers- 3

Mascaras- 6 ( although a lot of these are deluxe sample sizes that I got for free)

eyeshadow primers- 4

I don't think this is tooo bad. Lipglosses and Blushes, ok, I really need to cut back haha.

[Edited- Added] I saw some people at nail polish... this I'm not ashamed of.. I have 17 with one on the way... not bad.

sarithor

P.S. I wrote this on a piece of paper... is it sad that I shredded that paper so my hubby couldn't see?? hahahah.

rabeccalynne

I would have hidden mine, too!  My husband is torn between thinking I am a lunatic with a serious problem and thinking this is just what women do, good ol' "girl stuff".  I myself fear it is the former!  LOL

Jillie

[ Edited ]

Oh Lord have mercy... I had to answer this question!

Here it is:

Foundations/TMs – 3 (Only 1 being used though)

Primers/Luminzers - 5

Powders - 2

Blush -7

Lipstick/lipgloss – 24

Eyeshadows – 39 (most are singles, i only have a few palettes) 

Eyeliner - 12... and they are all black and plums/purples. 

Multi-use Palettes - 3 

Now I know you didn't ask for these BUT I counted them and was blown away with myself: 

Mascara- For some reason I am obsessed with mascara and any sort of "gimmick" relating to mascara. I have a total of 6 open mascaras.... but for non opened mascaras that I have for backup I have a total of 7. So I guess a total of 13 mascaras.

Nail Polish- 142 (YES, I have 142 nail polishes... you could say, wow she never needs to buy another nail polish ever again but I am self proclaimed nail polish addict) 

Thats just makeup! You don't even want to know what I own for skin care.... it is absolutely ridiculous!

Oh I forgot I just bought 2 new shades of nail polish at Target to day so I now have 144 nail polishes... hahahahahah I sound like a lunatic. My boyfriend got home from work and here I am on the floor, sprawled out, counting all my stuff... I have all my nail polishes lined up and he just looks and laughs!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 207 replies
  • 269 hearts
  • 76 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • Jillie
    • beckpoppins