Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Ohhh I like these @ZombieMetroAnt.  But I'm conflicted... I like the original packaging on my stuff... when I open my drawer it's all MAC black caps 😄 😄 😄

I say organize by color!

I do too @veronika23... but sometimes it takes me WAY to find the shade I need.  Smiley Wink 

Totally get that @ZombieMetroAnt 🙂

Last day of January... Anyone have anything to confess? Anyone hit VIB? Rouge? I didn't plan on spending all that much this month yet I went a bit nuts at Sephora and a few other places... can't say I'll be good in Feb with the MAC x Jeremy Scott collection and Too Faced Life's a Festival 😄 😄 😄

I will hit VIB this year, but not Rouge.

My lips are sealed, V 😉 

Sadly and happily, there were a few too many interesting releases for me this month.

hahahaha @lachaton!   Yeah interesting enough there were a few too many things I wanted to pick up 😄

RE: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Here’s my confession: I will purchase palettes, use them maybe once or twice and won’t touch them again! I HATE hitting pan cause I want them to stay new! So instead, if I find myself reaching for a certain palette a lot, I immediately purchase a backup! I have doubles of Sephora PRO warm, TF Peach, Jaclyn Hill, 35O and 35O2, Dare to Create and a bunch of Colourpop palettes. I hate that I do that! I use about 10 of the over 100 palettes I own. It may be slightly unhealthy!

I have far more eyeshadow than I thought. I thought I had an ok amount, though compared to most my collection is small lol. I'm at almost 500 eyeshadows...gulp.

That kinda sound like me @Samtian... and that's not counting the palettes. 😄

Image result for ashamed gif

@Samtian are you one of those brave souls that counted the individual shadows in palettes?

@sparklekai You bet! I cataloged the ones from the brands I have a lot of. 

@Samtian i'm way to scared for that!!!

i decluttered almost 300 products last year...and by almost i mean 299

ashamed-puppy.jpg

@sparklekai I love this!!!! I have a beagle and see this look everyday!!! I wish my husband looks this cute when another box comes!!

i have a boxer and see this face often as well!

Put some stuff away today... need some major destashing. I'm officially out of room!!!!  and have my eye on like 4 different collections 😄

giphy345.gif

@veronika23 surely your cone has a little more pizzazz ...more like this perhaps?Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 7.07.44 PM.png

Hahahah yes! That's perfect @sparklekai!  Lets bedazzle everything! 😄

Image result for bedazzler gif

I keep my daily makeup in one of those portable shower caddies that way I can carry it to whatever mirror I'm working at 🙂

lipstickorganizer.png

This is the organizer I use for lipsticks. It holds...about 50, more than that if put them in accordion-style. My Vice lipstick palettes fit securely, and when I had them on the top row, they both fit lengthwise with room left over for two (slim) single lipsticks. Full size Buxom glosses are verging on too tall for this organizer, but it can still work for them because of their wide base. Anything both tall and slim is a bit too wobbly in here.

I gave up trying to organize my lippies by color or finish. Now I just put them from shortest to tallest, zig zagging from bottom right to top right. As a bonus, I can easily see if one of them is missing and needs to be retrieved from a handbag or something. I would take a pic of my lippies for illustration but I'm still unpacking and they're only half sorted.

226 Replies
testing