Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

It's ok, I'm not allowed to go to a nearby town with a huge Korean section more than once every few months.

Why?

I always leave at least 50-100 sheet masks richer and $150+ poorer.

So, you're in good company.

@veronika23 You're not alone!  I have enough skin care to last me a lifetime, yet I continue to purchase new things. I guess I can't resist the allure of the next best thing!

although after moving and having to pack all this crap up, it made me reconsider how much I own,

and how little I use. Have you tried shopping your stash or going through everything for some perspective?

@unfungirl  I recently got a bunch of different samples and a few masks so yeah I am definitely shopping my stash... The mask I bought last week is the GlamGlow Sonic one. I missed the first time around and couldn't resist a smaller version of that blue mask! The one I have my eye on is the new Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask... Will probably wait to purchase that one since I have some masks I haven't tried yet but still interested in it 😄

I used to be pretty good at keeping all that skin care under control but lately I have too much stuff I want to try so I went ahead and got a few samples... plus all the deluxe samples from Sephora. I figure I'll try stuff out now and be ready for the fall/holiday sales with my fav picks from that... unless something new and exciting comes out! 😄

@veronika23 i looked at that tatcha mask too but mainly for that pretty ombre packaging. My name's is Dani and I am a beauty addict.....:)

@sonnydeefirst step is admitting it right 😄 My name is V and I am a beauty addict 😄 😄 😄

@veronika23 yes, it is. I talked myself out of it with "you can do that with nail polish on your toes."

@sonnydeehaha nice!  Maybe when I have less or during a sale 😄

In the past year I have really started to explore the world of makeup and I am quickly becoming an addict hahah!

I love this thread, and wanted to share now that I finally got myself organized with the help of acrylic boxes from Amazon!  

I purged a ton and feel so happy getting ready in the morning now!! IMG_3703.JPGIMG_3707.JPG

This makes me feel better, yours is almost has bad as mine! 

Nice!  Lovely set up!  @talifromcali

Thanks @Tamara76! I have kept it this organized for over a week, which is definitely a record for me haha 

Love my acrylics too! @talifromcali

I love this thread, the pictures are so satisfying to look at. 

I haven't re-organized in a while, so things are a bit messy, but usually I'll rotate my perfumes seasonally and try to test new samples immediately and give away any I don't love or want to test more.

Okay, my pictures don't seem to be uploading, the only one showing is my IKEA makeup tower, with spring/summer perfumes, skincare backups and samples.  The 4th shelf down I have a bunch of clear shoeboxes from The Container Store to keep various items, semi-organized by item type.

IMG_0380.JPG

And I found these mini-shelves at TJ Maxx to store some samples. Another one above fits on the shelves above, with some of my meteorites, palettes, and deluxes.

IMG_0382.JPG

@sister13That is some impressive organisation there. I probably need to invest in either drawer sets or something like your tower soon so that I can house all of my cosmetics... great idea!

Beautiful!  I love it!   @sister13

OMG those shelves are super cute!!!!

This is a great thread! Over the past three years, my makeup and skincare has grown considerably, but usually my purchasing has some trends - first, it was skincare and perfume, then skincare and makeup - particularly lipstick. Now, I am working on doing inventory on my products and tracking their use. Currently, my spreadsheets only have my different lipsticks listed by brand and amount of product, along with percentages of the products that I have left.

Because I am less obsessed with other products, I have basically stopped purchasing things like perfume (because a) most are not cruelty free and b) they last forever), eyeshadow palettes (because I never use them) and eyeliner (because I have plenty that I will not use up for a long time), blush, mascara, concealer, foundation and powder. My plan is to only begin purchasing these products again as I use up what I have, which seems to be working so far.

The only problem is the lipstick. I have found a small handful of brands that I really like, and I keep buying them. The spreadsheet is helping me to justify some of them because I see that I use certain colours or finishes quite a bit, and I have finished quite a few lip products this year. Does anyone else get way too excited about using up their makeup and skincare products?

@suessquatschoh wow! Your spreadsheet is super organized. Mine has the brand and names... not usage. Have too many for that lol I blame it all on BT! 😂😂😂  I do however have a testing sheet with notes of products I am testing... skin care and perfumes.

Cool thread @veronika23. Organization makes me happy and stress free 😄

Im a fan of the MUJI drawers because you can see all your items and it surprisingly stores a large amount of products. Here's one of my drawers. I have four MUJI drawers filled with assorted items. I've placed two on each corner of my vanity. I stack one on top of another to preserve space. Lately I've run out of space so I've started giving things away to my sisters and friends because I don't want to order more. I think four is enough ha!

(Also, anyone else like to keep their items stored in their respective packaging?) 🙂

IMG_5589.JPG

Gorgeous collection @trishavt! I love love muji drawers. I would buy more if I only had space!

testing