Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Whatever you call yourself... a makeup addict, skin care junkie, a sample hoarder - I am sure you have something to confess. Is it an out of control makeup stash, bins overflowing with samples or shelves filled with skincare? We want to hear it!  Confess your beauty sins!!!

Organization tips and pics welcomed!

giphy.gif

Re: Confessions Of A Beauty Junkie

Aww @TamTam01 ! It looks like you have a little makeup addict in the making 😉

@TamTam01 Your daughter is sooooo cute!!! 🙂 With that face I wouldnt be bothered if she ruined any of my palettes, hehe 😊

@trishavt Hahah aww, thank you!

Oh my goodness @TamTam01!!  Just popped in to see your daughter's beautiful pictures!  Heart  What an adorable face....

@ZombieMetroAnt Awww, thank you! She really uses that adorableness to her advantage lol!  She is the most entertaining toddler we've ever had (she's our fourth- and last lol!!)!!

That's so funny. He ruined my chocolate bar too! And I also have a two year old daughter and she's my fourth and last! She knows what they are but hasn't got her hands on any. She only wants swatches if I'm looking at them and is insistent that she get swatches!

That's a good idea about the plastic with a snap I'm not sure how many I would need. It's all my urban decay palettes I have 37 of them. Yea ud is my fav!

@sonnydee. haha!! It must be the chocolate smell that's luring them in!  

My little one LOVES makeup swatches too!!  She'll hold out her hand like, "swatch, please!"

They come in a variety of designs and at first I bought some that had polka dots and what not on them but then I couldn't remember which palettes were in there lol.  So I decided to go back and get the clear ones.  I like that you can stack them and they don't take up much room.

My suggestion would be a lockable drawer unit like a filing cabinet. The container store has alot of them. 

@sinfully thanks for the idea though i dont think i can fit in my closet due to my shoe obsession. I thought about emptying a drawer in my dresser. It's heavy solid wood and antique so it's not easy to open

Decisions decisions

A picture is worth a thousand words1497734820584-1407138908.jpg

This kind of setup is exactly why I want to knock out the dividing wall between my bathroom and the walk-in closet to the guest bedroom.  😉  It'd be nice to have a space totally dedicated to my makeup that is NOT in a bathroom (my collection is starting to take over the downstairs bathroom now).

This is a fabulous set up!   Love it!  ❤️  @LeLeo

OMG. I want to live here. @LeLeo

me too @fairlywell! it's so organized!

Ohhhh wow!!! Pencil holders?

Acrylic eyeliner holder from Amazon.  It has one row that is wide for larger pencils and liquid eyeliner.

Oh cool! Thx! Would probably like that for the liquids and bigger pencils. Those are just in a normal holder (like pencil holder) at the moment. My regular size pencils are in a cosmo cube 🙂

I typically call myself a makeup hoarder...well my sister calls me that lol. My hubby just thinks of it as my "makeup stuff". I've known for a while I have a bit of an addiction to makeup/skincare/etc but just kind of let myself be because I'm not harming anyone lol. However, after rearranging the furniture in my bedroom and doing some serious deep cleaning....I realize how much of a problem I had. I don't live in a huge house with tons of storage, and I realize I was taking up vital space by holding on to beauty products. 

It felt liberating to get rid of so much stuff that was just there. So much skincare and samples that long ago expired or was close to expiring. I notice I do shop a lot to get sample bags and other deals. But it's just the novelty of it all. I wasn't using the stuff. Just kind of holding on to it for a rainy day...that never came lol. I still have some glossybox boxes in the back of my closet filled with stuff that just needs to be thrown away but otherwise everything is within reach now. I have A LOT of beauty related products that I'm trying to use up or giveaway. Fun fact, I tried to get my sister to shop through my stash and she's picky af. She wanted more makeup stuff...like my everyday items and I'm like nahhhh I'm good with those 🤷🏽‍♀️😂. I put up some acylic wall shelves to match the drawers I have on my vanity and have 2 little 3 drawer storage things that holds all of my stuff now. 

I also am picky about the samples I select now, if there isn't anything I'm dying to try or know I really will use, I skip samples. Same goes for promos. My next goal is to unsubscribe to ipsy and play but fomo!!!!

Wall shelves. I have my lippies up there and uh not good. Heat rises = sweaty lipsticks. Otherwise, much more space on my table now

IMG_2686.JPG

@misscg I'm digging those wall shelves! I think that's a great idea. But like you said, heat 😞 Living in So Cal I'm afraid things would melt PLUS I'm always worried about earthquakes. I can just see a tremor sending all my makeup flying. 

Nice!  I have to do another cleaning soon too 😄

2 Replies
testing