placaminero

Cast Members with really bad makeup..

So I bit the bullet and drove to the nearest store that still had the Sun Safety Kit in stock, which was an hour away. While I was there, I spent quite a long time just browsing and swatching lip colors (trying to find a suitable dupe for Dior's It Pink) and there was a Cast Member who repeatedly approached me. Normally, I don't mind this. They're always so friendly and helpful, but I kept trying to avoid this one. I felt so bad, but her makeup was just terrible and every time she spoke to me, I couldn't help but gawk. I have a very telling face and I can't help it, but my expressions say a thousand words and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable under my stare.. But her lilac eyeshadow was clumped on thick from her bushy eyebrows to her flakey, spidery black lashes.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is it just me or is it difficult getting makeup help from someone with terrible makeup? Same with skincare.. I just can't accept help, even if I need it, from someone who has bad skin. Am I too much of a snob? Too judgey? Am I terrible human being? Because it makes me feel horrible, but I can't help it!

katie1724

Re: Cast Members with really bad makeup..

I agree with sephoramusthave in that you have to question is it really terrible makeup or just something you would never do yourself? The cast members at the stores near me sometimes have vivid colors of eyeshadow winged out all the way, or false lashes with glittery feather extensions. Once someone was wearing a neon green / blue combination that reminded me of my Jem dolls (if anyone is old enough to remember those), but it was definitely skillfully applied. It was bright and heavy, with falsies and the whole works, but even though it's a look I would never replicate on myself, it was still well executed. This is not to say that everyone is the same way; many sales associates may not have makeup artistry in their background and may not be as skilled as others. On the other hand, you can also be given bad advice by anyone, whether s/he is made up well or not -- and even the best looking person may not have a clue what s/he's doing. I think it's (unfortunately) human nature to be more inclined to listen to / take advice from attractive, put together people, but the truth is that anyone can really know their stuff -- it just depends on the person. 

As far as skin goes, some people are incredibly lucky in the genetics department, and others can try absolutely everything under the sun and still suffer from acne throughout adulthood -- so while they may not be able to speak from personal experience in terms of what really worked (personally), they may have really done research or be really experienced from having worked in the field for so long.

beautylovingirl

I absolutely agree on the skin care part ya'll are right there are some times no matter what, your skin does it's own thing. I wouldn't even begin to say anything like that my only issue would be the makeup.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@nebel- That's exactly what I mean if I can actually give them pointers on their makeup I'm sure not to ask them for any kind of advice.:smileyhappy: