officegal

CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

[ Edited ]

I realize a lot of us are in the same boat, being addicted to makeup and beauty products and desperately trying to control stashes that are bursting from train cases, drawers and cabinets.  We have the Traveling Sephora Box ("TSB") to swap products with one another and temper some of the addiction cravings to go out and get new stuff.  I have another idea to assist with resisting the temptation to continually buy new things.

I propose that for an entire week, we shop our own stash and dig up things that we haven't touched for a long time.  Whatever you've accrued the most of, each day put on something different, whether it's eye shadow or blush or lipstick.  Then report back here and post what you wore each day!

I'm going to wear a different eye shadow, lippie, and blush each day.  I have so many of all three categories but always find myself reaching for the same colours. It's time to branch out!

For example, tomorrow I'm going to wear:

- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Pale Pink" for blush

- Dior Lip Glow

- Stila Eye Shadow in "Chill"

I haven't touched all three of those in weeks and months.

officegal

Re: CHALLENGE: Shop your own stash!

mermadelove wrote:

So yesterday I did the challenge with these items from my stash. Some are relatively new, like the U shadow pencils, but overall, "old" stash. I did another mettalic eye with gold copper and bronze shadows drom the tokidoki palette. I used the bronzer it the palette on my cheecks. I used UDPP in Greed under the shadows and under my eye for highlighting. I used the UD shadow pencil and liner pencil on my upper lid and just the liner pencil on the outer corner of my lower lid.

I used Buxom lip gloss in Isabella. I did use the Too Faced Lash Injection with not flaking problems, but still found it hard to take off at the end of the day.  syoss.JPG

I always bypass the Tokidoki stuff but I see I need to pay more attention in that corner of Sephora!  LOL  Looks great.  I love seeing pics of other people's stash.  It's the online equivalent of rummaging through their bathroom cabinets.  :smileyvery-happy:

officegal

mermadelove wrote:

kalex wrote:

The Benefit Minis are in my cart and ready to go!  I haven't tried any of those yet (I'm afraid of liquid stains and I need more luminizers like a hole in the head).  But I was really excited when I saw them!  Any tips from you experts that have used the stains?

I have found that the easiest way to use the stains is to apply with your fingers. I wore gloves when I app;ied benetint because otherwise you get stained fingers! The little nail polish type brush that comes with Benetint is ok for lips, but not at all for cheeks! Work quickly as the stuff sets up fast!

Have fun!

I agree, the brush is not great at all for the cheeks.  You end up with the tiny brush stroke stains if you don't move at the speed of lightning to blend.  Mermade, you and I came up with a great solution for this at some point but I can't remember what it was.  (Yeah, so great that it was forgettable :smileyhappy:)  I love the effect of Benetint on the skin but it's hella tricky to work with.

Kalex, I say go for it.  The last time I got my Benefit Mini set, I was in love.  It's so cute and so affordable!  Hmm... we're posting this in the wrong thread, though.  :smileyvery-happy:

mermadelove

kalex wrote:

The Benefit Minis are in my cart and ready to go!  I haven't tried any of those yet (I'm afraid of liquid stains and I need more luminizers like a hole in the head).  But I was really excited when I saw them!  Any tips from you experts that have used the stains?

I have found that the easiest way to use the stains is to apply with your fingers. I wore gloves when I app;ied benetint because otherwise you get stained fingers! The little nail polish type brush that comes with Benetint is ok for lips, but not at all for cheeks! Work quickly as the stuff sets up fast!

Have fun!

mermadelove

So yesterday I did the challenge with these items from my stash. Some are relatively new, like the U shadow pencils, but overall, "old" stash. I did another mettalic eye with gold copper and bronze shadows drom the tokidoki palette. I used the bronzer it the palette on my cheecks. I used UDPP in Greed under the shadows and under my eye for highlighting. I used the UD shadow pencil and liner pencil on my upper lid and just the liner pencil on the outer corner of my lower lid.

I used Buxom lip gloss in Isabella. I did use the Too Faced Lash Injection with not flaking problems, but still found it hard to take off at the end of the day.  syoss.JPG

kalex

daisy346

It's amazing how reading about someone's purchases makes me immediately want to place an order too! So interesting to read :-)

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@officegal: I would love to see how it looks on you!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@sarithor: Thanks for the reviews! NOw if I don't go shop my stash right now, I will be late for work! :smileywink:

sarithor

[ Edited ]

Nope! Didn't make it March. I tried my best to make it March without making a purchase and I just did...oops! I think thats the longest I went without a purchase though.. My last one was a month ago. So, I'm proud of myself haha.  I saw some stuff that I wanted now.

I got Smashbox Iconic Eye palette thats on sale for 12 dollars.

Benefits Feelin Cheeky, Minis- that comes with a mini of Poisetint, Benetint and High Beam. for 15 dollars. I've been wanting to try Poistint and High Beam for a while now.

Nars Nail Polish in Orgasm for 17 dollars.. This will actually be my first Nars purchase... I know, shocker!, I've seen and tried Nars stuff in the store, but I've never had the urge to buy any of it. But this nail polish is sooo pretty!

and I got Sephora Collection Concealer Palette for 10 dollars. Been wanting this for a while too. I want it for the purple concealer weirdly enough.. I guess its not that weird, but yeah, I can have some sallow skin some days.

Sephora has been stepping up their game with the products lately too. I bought some of their skincare (the age-defying serum) omgness!!! I'm in love with it. It really makes my skin feel sooo nice afterwards... like really soft and moisturized. I sometimes feel like I don't even need moisturizer after I use it. The feeling lasts all day too. I catch myself feeling my face more often haha. I also bought one of their glamour lipsticks and its sooo good. Its a sheer pink color, but it really moistens my lips. I've been using it like its a lip gloss haha. I love it.

officegal

Yay for clever comment!  lol  Thanks, girls.  :smileyvery-happy:  The last time I was here, I thought it was changed to profile islandqt which I thought was super nice since she's so helpful in answering the questions.  It's nice to be recognized.  I hope they rotate the profiles often to feature everyone eventually.  :smileyhappy:

Today I was adventurous and used "Matryoshka" and "Nadia" from the Stila Moscow travel palette.  I rarely wear pink/orange/red hues on my eyelid since they usually makes me look like a vampire or something, but these were actually really subtle and not as dramatic as I thought they might be.  I used Matroyshka all over the lid, almost up to the brows, and then applied Nadia on the outer edges, blending it very far out and up, close to the tip of my outer brows.

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

sarithor

you would think they would just post the youtube videos on the front page, since the ones on the front page are youtube videos as well... oh well, they are probably just working out everything still. I hope everyone is having a good day! I used my naked palette today! I got a date with the hubby tonight too. This is our valentines dinner, since he works nights and was at work on Valentines day!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

katie1724 wrote:

Re: A new front page...does anyone think maybe some new videos would be nice? I feel like they've been the same ones for a while. I'm sure they'll have spring looks or something soon...?

: )

I asked about that a few weeks ago, and the moderators directed me to the Sephora youtube page, so I don't think that they plan to change them anytime soon.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Re: A new front page...does anyone think maybe some new videos would be nice? I feel like they've been the same ones for a while. I'm sure they'll have spring looks or something soon...?

: )

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

Thanks awesome, officegal!One of our own is in the spotlight. Yay! Just last night I was going to ask if anyone else was ready for a new front page!!!! :smileyhappy: I'm surprised they picket that instead of the weekly challenge since one promotes saving and the other spending! :smileyvery-happy:

sarithor

(0) Hearts

Congrats to Officegal for having the Clever Comment of the Week!! Yay!

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@ sarithor: I think you'll find that alot of the MUFE colors do double duty! I was once shopping for bright pink eyeshadow and put the MUFE one in my cart. When it showed up in my cart, it was listed as a blush, eventhough I put it in my basket from the eyeshadow page! Try it and you'll see!

sarithor

@katie1724, I don't think I can pull off purple either lol. I still want to try haha. I'm so pale that I'm afraid it will look super purple on me.  Good thing about the MUFE Powder Blushes is a lot of people say you can use them as eyeshadows too.. I need to double check to make sure its safe for your eye area, but least if it doesn't look good as a blush, I could use it as an eyeshadow so it wouldn't be a complete waste... right?!? haha. I keep thinking about the Yellow and it makes me think of a Marie Antoinette inspired type look. With the pale face and the super pink cheeks, I can see a little of the yellow blush on the temples. Hmm... halloween idea haha.

No make up again... been super busy with house stuff lately.

katie1724

@sarithor: Yellow would be interesting, too! I wonder how it would look...and I think some people could really pull off purple (I just don't think I'm one of them!) :smileyvery-happy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Pink and purple used to be my favorite color combination as a kid (it still kind of is), which is why I think I was so drawn to the MAC Azalea blush. My wardrobe, however, does not reflect much of either (though I have a few purple dresses). What I own is about 98% black, white and grey with 2% other colors -- hahah. I do own a marigold colored coat, so that counts...

Also back on topic, today I resurrected one of my favorite products ever, the long-discontinued Chanel Irréelle Blush in Be-Bop, which I think is the perfect shade of subtle pink. I like it because it's not very pigmented at all. Can you tell how much I loved this? The compact broke in half from carrying it everywhere, and you can clearly see the bottom (which rarely happens):

Be-Bop.jpg

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

@officegal: I love purple, too! Almost all shades ( NOt crazzy about magenta and red purples, except as nail polish.)My favorite colors are purple, pink and blue. People are always amazed that I have so many clothes that match perfectly. I tell them it's not that hard when most of your wardrobe consists of the same 5 colors!

Back on topic: For this weeks red lip challenge, I did shop my owns stash. I used ?UD 24/7 lip liner I bought back in NOvember. I also wore falsies that day, (Ardell invisibands). I used my Buxom lashliner in leatherette and my NAked palette.

officegal

@sarithor - Oooh, I never knew that about left-handed people.  That sucks!  But obviously you're not clumsy with makeup application.  :smileywink:

@Katie - I've only bought backups once and it was for DiorKiss in "Pralines" which was actually phased out not long after I bought it, so I was really lucky!  But otherwise I never do because I know I can never even finish one, so I try to embrace the time we have together and not get overly attached.  (Is this telling of how I deal with relationships, too??? LOL!)

I think purples are hard to resist in general.  It was my fave colour for the longest time and I keep coming back to it.  I don't wear a lot of purple makeup but I pick up anything new that is purple and play with the samples until I feel satisfied.  I'm sure the amount of purple clothing in my closet is insane.  I even have different shades of purple tights.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 358 replies
  • 319 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sarithor
    • officegal