Beauty product you own too many of

runy

Beauty product you own too many of

What is one type of beauty product you own too much of?

For me, it's eyeliners.  I don't know what happenned at one point where I bought tons of different types of eyeliners!  I have atleast 5 black pencil liners (looking for "the one"), atleast a dozen UD 24/7 liners (from sets), 5-6 different colored gel liners from Tarte, Smashbox, Bobby Brown etc, and atleast 6-7 different liquid liners, atleast 3 of them are black!  Crazy how this stuff builds up!

I also have quite a bit of eyeshadows, particularly Bare Escentuals loose shadows.  I got so obsessed I just kept buying them!

What about you?  What's the one type of beauty product you own too much of?

katie1724

Re: Beauty product you own too many of

[ Edited ]

I have too many products in several categories (hangs head in shame).

For me, the worst is probably blush. I'm obsessed. I have every NARS shade ever produced, the late 1990s -- present (save one, Nirvana), and then about 70+ from all different brands (Chanel, Chantecaille, Tom Ford, Burberry, etc.).

I also have too much foundation (at least 4 of them) for how long it's supposed to last. While powder products will be fine for longer periods, foundation eventually goes bad, period. I also have too much eyeshadow...I use a great deal of it, but all of them taken into account, it's more than I would ever finish -- if that makes sense!

:smileyhappy:

ry22

Lip gloss! They take up one whole side in my train case.

missjr

I'm embarrassed to admit that I own too many foundations.  In addition to having the MUFE HD Invisible Cover and Face and Body Foundations, I also have a sample of the Mat+ Velvet Foundation, which I used twice for special occasions.  Then to add insult to injury, I also have the NARS powder foundation, as well as a compact of the Clinique Perfectly Real powder foundation (which I hardly use these days). 

That brings me to the next beauty product I own too many of:  powders.  I own the MAC Mineralize Natural powder; the aforementioned powder foundations and the NARS pressed powder, which I use for touchups and to set my MUFE Face and Body Foundation.  Oh, and I also have the MAC Prep & Prime Finishing Powder, which I use to set the MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation.  Whew!

Of course, I have way too many eyeshadows, which I either purchased individually or as part of a palette (a real value).

With Fall fast approaching, I'm getting that itch again!  I've already checked out the NARS Fall Collection and have made a mental note of the items that are sold by Sephora and the ones I will purchase elsewhere because Sephora doesn't carry them.  

kalex

Lipstick!  I haven't counted since we did the "Count if you dare" thread but if I recall correctly I had around 140.  I've purchase more since then!

prettyinpa

Can you own too much makeup? lol

Probably mascara. The stuff has one of the shortest expiration dates of any makeup, and I hardly ever finish a tube (except my Fairy Drops Scandal Queen which I desperately need a new tube of, it was all dried up this AM). But every time some manufacturer says their new formula lengthens, curls and volumizes, I rush right out and buy it. (Pretty much always disappointed, though).

Though eye shadow runs a close second and is probably way ahead if you count individual shadows vs palettes.

lylysa

@Prettyinpa

Yay for another fan of Fairy Drops! ^_^ I'm so glad I discovered that mascara!

ChicDabbler

Moisturizers and lip balms.

Sure, I've got lipstick, lip gloss, and eyeshadows but I don't buy similar products so they are very different. My skin is combination, so it can be oily or dry and I'm obsessed with skincare, so I basically buy and squirrel away moisturizers whenever I see skincare sets on sale. My biggest worry is that they will go bad before I use them all, cuz I've got at least $100-200 worth that I haven't used yet.

I used to be fine with any lip balms, but last winter my lips suddenly rebelled on me and got all dry and cracked and flaky and literally nothing works. I was desperate so I pretty much brought all drugstore lip balm with 4+ star reviews and like 10 from Sephora. So now I have a ton of normal, SPF, and tinted lip balms.

berniebeauty

I have too much eyeshadow. I counted because Im doing my friends' make up for halloween so I did swatches  on paper to get a feel for what colors I really had and I made 127 swatches. Of course alot of that's in pallettes, but still. 127?!? thats a bit too much...

~~We are all beautiful~~

lylysa

Tons of eye shadows, and lip products!

I don't look at my insane collection of eye shadows as "too much" though, because it's a variety of shades and finishes that I have, rather than just seemingly one shade but from multiple brands.

I've got tons of lipsticks, liners, glosses, balms, you name it. In squeeze tubes, pots, tins, tubes, brushes applicators, wand applicators, shimmer, matte, cream, satin, gloss, again....you name it!

lexikaye

I seriously have WAY too many eyeshadows lol. Whenever I am shopping for makeup, I always tend to buy a new eyeshadow, when I should be getting something that I actually need :smileytongue: Every time I get home from Sephora, I then realize I don't need any more eyeshadows but I need something like a new mascara or foundation, or something that is just essential haha. The eyeshadows are just the first thing that catches my attention because there are so many different beautiful colors to choose from!

LexiKaye<3

beautylovingirl

Lipsticks  I have a huge weakness for lipsticks! Just when I think I'm done there's just one more I need. (Not really) but you know how it is makeup is just so much fun!! (lol)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 97 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • mangosong
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave