runy

Beauty product you own too many of

What is one type of beauty product you own too much of?

For me, it's eyeliners.  I don't know what happenned at one point where I bought tons of different types of eyeliners!  I have atleast 5 black pencil liners (looking for "the one"), atleast a dozen UD 24/7 liners (from sets), 5-6 different colored gel liners from Tarte, Smashbox, Bobby Brown etc, and atleast 6-7 different liquid liners, atleast 3 of them are black!  Crazy how this stuff builds up!

I also have quite a bit of eyeshadows, particularly Bare Escentuals loose shadows.  I got so obsessed I just kept buying them!

What about you?  What's the one type of beauty product you own too much of?

jennypoke

Re: Beauty product you own too many of

(0) Hearts

I have a weakness for eyeshadow palettes (especially if they have cute packaging!).  I have almost all of the UD ones, 2 Stila ones, 2 Lorac, 1 Too Faced, 3 Dior, 2 Chanel, 1 Guerlain, 3 Bare Minerals and the ones I listed are just my favorites!  I just recently got two of the new Benefit neutral ones :smileyhappy:  

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

Eye shadows, both palets and individual, and lip gloss. I have at least 20 eye shadow palets. I couldn't tell you how many lip glosses I have.

I promised myself that this year I'm not buying any more gloss or shadow until I use up what I already have. I'm currently trying to use up my Too Faced Naked Eye palet. I've hit pan on three colors. I hope to use up most of it by Easter.

Gamergirl24

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
Foundations... Stick, liquid, and both pressed and loose powders. Bobbi Brown stick, MUFE HD and Matte velvet +, Cover girl oil free, Nutragena Healthy Skin, Mac Studio Fix, and Bare minerals loose powder. I have been trying to find my HG. To date there are now winners.
BK2006

(0) Hearts

Eye shadow.  And most of it is a) unused, as in EVER and b) is more than a year old.  I did a purge of my makeup case last year and it looks like I didn't go far enough.  I still have a few ancient blushes left because I am usuing them for color comparison.....I can't find that perfect color.  I am finally getting my go-to look figured out and I am finding that I am experimenting a lot less with shadow these days.  Looks like it is time to purge again!!

mangosong

I used to be an eye shadow junkie, but I've since curbed my habit for the most part. I have eye liner is way too many colors, but I haven't really bought any others recently. I think my problem is mascara. I have WAY too many... and now that I've found the perfect one, I have al of these others lying around.

ialli

I'm a graphic design major so I'm a sucker for color palettes, so if you show me an eyeshadow quad, and it's pretty, and I don't have it, I'm going to buy it. xD;

waterbaby1981

Eyeshadows and lip colors.  I had to throw out a bunch of lip glosses and lipsticks this morning because they were OLD.  Some had black spots on them!  Ewww.  Definitely need to throw them out.  But I just got the Laura Mercier Berries lip glosses holiday set and the double decker palette, which I definitely DID NOT need with birthday money from the 12th, plus one of the Fresh Sugar lip addiction sets.  The palette has five lipsticks in it too. 

However, the other thing I have too much of?  Body creams, lotions and butters.  Foot cream, hand cream, body...you name it, I've probably got it.  I got a full size Creme de Pistache body butter at the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom when I got the lip glosses and palettes.  I mean to clean out underneath the sinks in the master bathroom today but Miss Ashley wants all my attention all the time.  :smileywink:

jxw200

I have too much of everything. lol. but mostly ... lipstick, BRONZER and EYESHADOW. probably blush too, but never as much as katie :smileyhappy: and i suppose for a girl that doesn't use much gloss or eyeliner i probably have too much of that too. lol! oh and i have a bajillion lip balms, but i suppose i'll eventually use those up with how destroyed my lips are haha. 

thank goodness i am pretty minimal in the concealer, foundation, mascara dept... like i only have 3 concealers, 2 nars tinted moisturizers (one for summer, one for winter) and a drugstore powder foundation i got super cheap, 3 drugstore mascaras and a few sample mascaras + diorshow maximizer. PHEW 

i do have a lot of skincare, from lots of sets and samples and things... and i'm collecting quite a lot of LUSH stuff! eep

shyvicki

Lip gloss. I'm a lip gloss junkie. I haven't counted but I'm sure I have at least 20 tubes of various colors. Eye shadow pallets are a close second.

sephoramusthave

Shadows. Which is weird because lipsticks are my ultimate favorite makeup item. Its just a lot easier to go crazy with shadows, there are soooo many colors, and the more looks you feel like trying, the more colors you need! And its not enough that there's so many colors, its that there are different shades of EVERY color. You think neutrals are simple? There's dozens of colors that fit just the neutral category. There's different shades of purples, of pink, everything!

:smileyvery-happy:

makeupobesessed

Lipglosses and shadows, hands down....oh and maybe masacaras .

dolceloure

Lip glosses, for sure.  My stash just went up exponentially when I bought this great set by Buxom:

and then again with this Stila set:

Those, + a few other mini Stila sets means that my Stila glosses need their own drawer now. :smileytongue:

maltipoo66

I'd have to say eyeshadows, lipglosses, and deluxe mascara samples.  I tend to buy eyeshadow palettes, not indiviuals (more for your buck), but this means I get a lot more shadows and of course don't use every single one.  For lipglosses, I don't really think you can ever have too many haha.  I always get a lot of mini mascaras as samples from sephora online orders or as bonuses from Clinique or Lancome counters.  As long as it fits in my drawer, I think I'm okay.

dolceloure

I definitely have too many lip products -- specially since I recently bought a Kat Von D lipstick set AND a Buxom lip set, essentially doubling my collection. :smileytongue:

I also have a lot of mascaras, mainly because I bought the Sephora Favorites lash kit many months ago and still have half of them...not to mention the odd free mascara thrown in with some beauty purchases. Happily, most of these are minis, so I can usually use them up within a few months.

And if you want to count fragrances, I'd say that's my biggest collection, and my biggest vice, lol. I've bought around a dozen perfumes and body sprays this summer alone. Shame on me. :smileysad:  :smileytongue:

makeupobesessed

I have to agree with the board that one can never really own too much makeup....however for purposes of answering this question...I have the most of mascaras.  I end up with many deluxe samples of it, and I was given the lash sampler kit plus whatever I buy in full size bc I have to have the latest promise of fabulous lashes.  The next product in excess in my kit is 

Lipglosses, but I have them everywhere so I never have to look or wonder if I have one.  Shadows r not so much a problem, I tend to remember not to buy the same colors so I control myself in that area..however it seems right now I'm accumulating foundation when I know better.  I was trying to finish my Clinique and BE but then the UD Naked came out and I fell in love so now I'm trying tO finish so I can get rid of some emptys and make room.

kimmi1115

I don't even have to look at my stash to answer this question: eyeshadows lol.  Playing with eyeshadow is my favorite part of makeup.  Most of them are in palettes, except for 2 lol.  The palettes in my stash are UD Naked, UD Rollergirl (it was on sale!), UD Urban Ammo, Kat Von D True Romance palette in Truth (on sale lol), and Kat Von D Art of Elysium palette in Kimberly.  The two individuals are UD Freelove and NYX Deep Purple. 

Second place is probably lip products.  Enough said lol.

dianabt

I know from the top of my head the answer is lipgloss and nail polish. Particularly PINK lipgloss.

Obviously too many of the same shade and just all in all, too many of the same product...

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ahbunny

I have too many mascara and eyeshadows! I never finished any of them, and sometimes have to end up throwing them out because they dried out :smileysad:

jojobe

Eyeshadow palettes....BIG downfall

also, brushes.....omg  I think i have at least 40!

I don't even use half of them...

Face masks too...I always have good intentions and then I use it once or twice and then something new comes along.

viviene23

Highlighters, blushes and Lipcolors---> lipstick, lipstain,lipgloss,lipbalms!!!!! I'm trying to slow down until I can think of a better storage solution but....can't help it... Nars Andy Warhol collection and Mac Marilyn Monroe collection ...they're callin my name!!!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 97 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • mangosong
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave