sourpanda

Beauty Products Your Significant Other Gave You That You <3'd

[ Edited ]

Okay, I have to admit. My BF has great taste in perfumes (lucky me, haha)! He gave me a bottle of Hermes Un Jardin sur le Toit as a present and I've been in love ever since. I instantly put aside my bottle of Florabotanica. Anybody else have something that a BF/GF gave them that they absolutely loved?

upload_3886362506904551533.jpg

vanillammm

Re: Beauty Products Your Significant Other Gave You That You <3'd

(0) Hearts

The Mister got me the Tocco crema da sogno in Cleopatra. He knew I would never spend that much on a moisturizer. It is cucumbery-melon heaven in a glass jar. Makes my legs feel like satin.

He also got me the Mor Lychee Flower hand cream. Smells so sweet and delicious. They have a candied vanilla almond scent that is divine, too.

morLychee.jpg

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

My boyfriend bought me Flowerbomb. i actually never had heard of it. And he told me not to look it up. He wanted it to be a surprise. And when i smelled it! It was amazing! And i saw that everyone else loved it too! And how they even have the cute little 100 perk now! 

But yea! I love That perfume!

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

Im a HUGE cargo fan and really wanted this set (i loved the purse), and my man bought it for me i was so excited and all the products were great!upload_3702595767900605388.jpg 

kittichick

The closest thing to a beauty product my bf has given me was a Sephora gift card. I may have been hinting. 

mafan

(0) Hearts

Some of my first gifts from my now husband were YSL Paris perfume, silk pajamas from Victoria's Secret (he hates flannel pajamas) and gold hoop earrings. Thenext year I got Guerlain's Samsara perfume.  

Most of my jewelry has been gifts, even if we did but my engagement ring together and I paid for part of my diamond studs when we were married for 10 years. He gave me a lovely tanzanite pendant when I turned 40. I think I need some inspiration because I don't think a computer monitor is an exciting 50th birthday present, no matter how much I could use one. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

My husband has given me a benefit set (mini cheek stains) and my makeup case ( huge acrylic case)! love it

carolang

(0) Hearts

I think the only actual beauty product he has bought me was an Escada perfume. He is allergic to most perfumes though so in general I don't wear it. Also not sure it would fly in the operating room :smileywink:

DH is a full time student and I work, so I have a couple more years before getting good presents. Unless I want to count the school spirit seat cushions he got me at the bookstore the other day haha. I told him the students don't sit at football games (I could still blend in!). It's the thought that counts even if I technically bought them :smileywink:.

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

My boyfriend and I are completely different people (opposites attract I guess?). He's not one for random gifts and I love them. He hates getting them from anyone as he feels like he owes them after that. So I haven't received anything as a random thoughtful surprise (makeup or beauty wise anyway). For our anniversary he did let me pick out some things to get from Sephora though, which I love him for because internally I know he hated it. He can't stand malls. >.> But as we're about to enter into our 7th year knowing each other and 3rd year dating (or well, we'll be at that point next year) I'm about to start the random gift giving. I do it for my friends, he can learn to deal with it. 

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

Fred Hayman 273 set.  Several pieces of awesome jewelry. Hermes scarf & one from Michael Kors.  Michael Kors & Coach hand bags. A number of others. We've been together for a long time. Of course when we 1st got together & talked about gift giving,  I explained that if it was for the house or had a cord (unless it was some ting I specifically said I wanted) then it wasn't a gift.  I also explained  that every woman has a master list and mine starts with .. any thing in diamonds, any thing in rubies, any thing in emeralds, any thing in sapphires , etc. LOL

NotCrocker

(0) Hearts

My husband is not great at presents, he didn't grow up in a gift-giving situation. But he is really thoughtful, and noticed I was getting more interested in perfume. So he found a scent that he loved, Pink Sugar, and got me a bottle. It ins't my perfect scent but I like it and mostly I love that he likes it.

properlylost

(0) Hearts

My husband is really good about surprising me with stuff. He's gotten me a lot of Fresh lip balms, Philosophy bubble baths, and the first Urban Decay Vice palette all on his own. All of which I loved.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

My fiance has the best taste in dresses for me. He'll pick one up and I'll say "That will look terrible!" and it's perfect on me. More beauty product related, he buys me antique perfume bottles because he knows I love them :smileyhappy:

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

I would love to see photos of your antique perfume bottles!

jellybean917

He has my perfume bottles back in Cincinnati with him - I was afraid to move them to the Boston area when I first came up here. My car was so cramped with all of my belongings!This is one that he got me when he came up to visit though:

upload_5896770781846141048.jpg

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

Wow, that is just gorgeous!! What do you do with it? Do you actually put perfume in it?

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I don't have any in it now, but I might eventually. I still need to clean it out a little better.

nebel

Nice!!  My husband usually gives me fashion gifts, not make up gifts.  He has given me a Hermes scarf and a Furla bag for the past two Christmases!  He has very good taste :smileyhappy:

For product/make up gifts, he will usually give me a gift certificate to LUSH.

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

Lucky you!

Gift certificates are always great too =)

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

Hermes fragrance is always amazing, but i have not smelled all of them. Great gift and lucky you. A bunch of us would like a mini of it :smileywink: Enjoy!

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

I have never actually smelled any of the Hermes fragrances before my BF gave me this bottle. But I definitely agree, a lot of them smell amazing! It's too bad that they don't have minis or rollerballs...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • properlylost
    • JenBlush
    • nebel