Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So true!!! Every single time! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

When you try on perfumes and you hate the scent but can't seem to wash it off. Yup been happening a lot lately since I'm trying out a bunch of samples Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 I've read that a little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick.

The toothpaste tip is also a good one. I used it a lot to get the formaldehyde smell off me when I took a&p. Helped with rumen fluid smell, too. 

Thanks for the tip @lmi82 Smiley Happy

Yes, this happens to me all the time Cat LOL  Got some great tips listed here, though!

@veronika23

ditto! I've finally been trying some of mine lately too. I tried Versace Eros yesterday (I know it's a mens' scent, but the notes were sooo tempting...mint, citrus and vanilla? Heck yeah!). If it isn't what my grandfather used to wear, it was a darn close dupe...bleh, not what I had hoped for at ALL from that one lol.

Gosh! Yeah, those notes are great but I don't get those notes when I've smelled that before 

@RGbrownMeh men's scents... who cares right Smiley Very Happy  Some of them are quite nice for girls too.  Hopefully you can find something you like!  Smiley Happy

A friend told me to spray it on the back of my hand so I can take it off if I need to by washing my hands.

[ Edited ]

Kind of similar to the trick @mrsbaine mentioned above-- a Jo Malone rep once told me that I could possibly spray a fragrance on one finger at a time, so that you can try multiple fragrances and easily wash them off once you are done.   It has worked quite well on me so far-- it doesn't really mix different fragrances sprayed on different fingers! 

Cool! Thanks @NarNarNars Smiley Happy

Thanks @mrsbaine!  I've seen this tip posted by Pinrose in their chat this week as well Smiley Happy

I usually spray on my wrist for quick washing too except some scents don't seem to want to wash off... no matter how hard I scrub Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 I totally feel ya on this one. I once decided to spray several perfumes on my wrists to see if I liked them. When I went to wash them off, the scent wouldn't go away. Regular soap and dish soap wouldn't make the scents go away, so I tried scrubbing my wrists with toothpaste. It definitely helped. And at least my wrists smelled minty instead of like migraine inducing perfume scents. 

@Saschattack  ohhh haven't tried toothpaste before. Maybe I should give it a try next time. Totally agree that mint would be better than migraine inducing scents Smiley Very Happy.  That's why I am so picky... so many scents do not agree with me. Thank you!

I also just thought of something... there's this stainless steel bar of soap or something like that... it's supposed to help with scents like garlic. I wonder if it would work with perfumes too?? I don't see why not. Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23-  You don't have to buy the special steel bar of soap, if you have a stainless kitchen sink, just rub your fingers on it after cutting onions and garlic, smell gone.

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa.true that right Smiley Very Happy. Thanks Smiley Happy

I agree @veronika23.  Washing with Dawn liquid detergent doesn't even work for me.  I even use cleansing oils, hoping to dilute the scent.  That helped a little better.  Or maybe I am just spraying indiscriminately and it gets everywhere and I don't know it.

@Ispend2much6I've even used scrubs and still it's like embedded in my skin Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23- I discovered a weird thing that takes away unwanted fragrance. One of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk and I washed him with "Skunk Off" de-scenting cleanser, it removed his smell and my fragrance that I was wearing too. I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy some just for removing unwanted perfume, but if you have it around the house for your dogs, it does work.

Cool! Thanks @prettyinpa Smiley Happy