Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Loretta55  I was trying to make my eyebrows into a straighter line, to "open up" my eye area since I have those "11's" and the outer corners of my eyelids are drooping and causing shadows, so I plucked more than I ended up being happy with and not all of the hairs are growing back.

Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW Brow Enhancing Serum 4 Month Supply really helped me with regrowth of my eyebrows @Ispend2much6
I tried the ColorWow powder but I have such a large area that needs touching up. I liked the Rita Hazan root touch up spray. I still have a can somewhere in my stash. It works real well on my part. I went through a can per month. I need to check on line what retailer sells it. 

I wondered about that @Loretta55 @Ispend2much6 . My hair gal mentions it but I was afraid it wouldn’t look natural enough. Good to know you like it. 

My stylist always mixes a little extra for my eyebrows @Sunnysmom. It does look natural. Unfortunately it is not long lasting.

Boo @Loretta55 😒. They’ll look great while it lasts tho! How long do you figure? 

They last between 1-2 weeks @Sunnysmom. I get root touch ups every 4 weeks. 

Ugh that’s not long is it. Same with me. Tried 6 weeks. Ha. Not. Any. More. 😭 @Ispend2much6 

@Sunnysmom  I can get away with it if my coloring is cured under heat an extra 10-15 minutes, and use COLOR WOW Root Coverup Powder or Tarte's Big Ego Dab and Go Hair Concealer, which looks more natural than the powder.

And, highlights help the gray not to show as much between sessions.

That’s great @Ispend2much6 ! I have Color Wow too but it feels a little something to me I don’t know what. Maybe because it’s along with any styling stuff I use. It’s a good little quick fix tho that’s for sure! Haven’t tried Tarte’s. That may be even better. 🙂 

@Loretta55  I try to stretch out my hair colorings to six weeks, but it's looking like I'll join the 4 week club soon. 😞

I would join the every other week club if I could @Ispend2much6. My hair grows too fast and I am vain about those pesky greys.

@Loretta55  As we should be, especially if hair loss and thinning are involved!

I use to get my brows colored everytine I did my hair but boy what a hassle. I'm a redhead with pale reddish eyelashes and brows. I finally did it and had them permanently tattoo on, wonderful job the girl did. I can see my eyebrows and wish I'd done it sooner. Well worth the money I spent. Permanent makeup is great although I haven't had the eyeliner done yet it's beautiful ❤️ try it you won't be 😐

@redhead1256  Sounds like you found a great solution!  Brows are so tough to manage.

Yes they can be and I had plenty of hair you just couldn't see it now at least it can be seen , I get it waxed everytine I do my nails in that salon. It's tough trying to keep looking good. Some of my friends have gone the tattoo permanent makeup route for their brows and are happy. One friend did the eyeliner looks great but too expensive for me 

If a person is prone to keloids it is recommended that they skip any form of permanent makeup @redhead1256. Believe me I wish that I could get it but I don’t want scarring.

Mine kind of are too @Ispend2much6 , so annoying. Have you tried MERIT Brow 1980 Volumizing Eyebrow Pomade Gel Black Brown or Westman Atelier Bonne Brow Defining Brow Pencil Slate etc? Not these colors necessarily but I use blackish ones. They cover very well and look natural too. Just ideas. So frustrating. 

I joke all the time about my multi colored brows, I find this intriguing @Sunnysmom 

@CynthieLu  Which products do you use?  Sometimes I'm mortified when I catch a glance at my brows in certain lighting...or, when people look at my eyes intensely then hurriedly look away I know I've overdone it. lol

@Ispend2much6 I use Anastasias Ombre Prowder. Pencils, markers, they never suit seem to suit me.  I out line, than fill in most of the time.

I am interested to try a liquid, if it made all the hairs the same colour that would be so neat!

I have Blonde,Red and a few black and brown hairs in my brows.  The worst was when someone was starring at my eyebrows, came close to me and said  "Wow! I've never seen anyone with multi coloured eye brows before!" I felt so embarrassed

That was along time ago, I'm more accepting of it now lol

When I read your words, I was like,  I relate to this! Especially the lighting,  omg some lighting is the worst

@CynthieLu  Oh, I'm so sorry!  That's interesting that you use powder; maybe I should give that a shot.

12,421 Replies
testing