Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Ispend2much6 I ordered two items on 12/27/18 and one item was shipped the next day but for the second item (the By Terry Sun Designer Hippy Chic Palette), I received an email stating the item was out of stock with an unknown restock date. Upon rereading, I did notice that items paid for by CC would not be charged till shipped but items paid for via paypal were charged ahead of time. I fully expected the palette to never restock, but miracles of miracles, it was shipped out fully one week later, tracking number included!

I have noticed that UK companies are not really timely responders, so frustrating! My best luck has always been with email, I don't think I've ever gotten answers via phone. Hopefully your items are in transit! Mine both came out of a NJ warehouse...

@MissPuff  Thanks for letting me know. I did use Paypal.  I thought that SpaceNK had a branch in NYC?  

They did this to me one other time, years ago, and I complained to them about their business practices (I can't remember what it was.)  I stopped shopping with them until  several months ago, but I used a different email.  Haven't had any problems at all with that email.  I forgot that email's password and used my old account in December, and had problems again.  Weird.  

Decided to skip foundation/BB today because I'm lazy. Go in the bathroom at work, redness city under the garbage office lights! Guess I'm not doing that again. *kicks dirt*

I feel this so much... I'll be in my dorm room all thinki...

I feel this so much... I'll be in my dorm room all thinking "oooo girl your skin looks good today go flaunt it"... 5 minutes later in the convenience store I catch my face in a reflection and just die. @fieldsofclover

@fieldsofclover  How's work going?  I know you were heading back to the office after a long time out of that environment

@sprocketta  Aww thanks for remembering! The actual work part is going well. And I'm splitting an office with another person since we're a bit overcrowded, so I still get to work from home two days a week... best of both worlds 🙂

Glad to hear it @fieldsofclover

@fieldsofclover office bathroom lighting is probably the most unflattering place on earth haha - I'm sure you looked totally fine at your desk!

@Kim888  I agree!  My lipstick, which looks fine at home and in the sunlight, all of a sudden looks like I just picked up a crayon and smeared my lips with it!

Why do office bathrooms have the worst lighting in the wo...

Why do office bathrooms have the worst lighting in the world? Mine is like putting a spotlight on every grey hair and skin imperfection.

Re: Why do office bathrooms have the worst lighting in the wo...

@sandykat79  Right?? Sigh.

When there's a product I'm interested in, particularly skincare, I go to youtube and try to see if I can find a useful review. "Useful" is the operative word, because so many of these 'beauty gurus' are really just so full of manure. There's one in particular, who thinks she's some kind of skincare expert, and all her reviews are exactly the same. What drives me nuts is that you cannot do a review of a skincare product by reading the ingredients, then rubbing it into the back of your hand, and that's all you've done. It amazes me that these women actually make money from such lame fake reviews.

I get that it takes weeks, if not months, to do a real review, and I don't expect anyone to actually put that kind of work into it. I mean, it IS just youtube. But if you're going to call it a review, at least use the product for a week, and then talk about it. Pulling it out of your PR kit and rubbing it into the back of your hand tells me nothing, except how little regard you have for the intelligence of the people watching your video.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you think you let your nails dry long enough and start doing chores and find out you didn't. 😖

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This is the worst!!! I’ll wait for close to 4 hours not touching ANYTHING, and then somehow mess them up doing chores afterwards,.... and I keep thinking, “How was 4 hours not enough time for my nails to fully dry?!!”

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@moxiepancakes that’s the worst! And it’s never the same when you try to fix it!

and if you try to remove the polish and start over you me...

and if you try to remove the polish and start over you mess up all the other nails

@moxiepancakes I always have this problem. Usually I wake up with sheet marks on my nails 😞

Ugh, yes @suzyo. Sometimes if I fall asleep on my stomach and stick my feet over the bottom edge I am lucky enough to wake up with nails that aren’t embossed by my sheets.

Ugh I hate when I do that @moxiepancakes😞

On Trac. 

Off Trac. 

On Trash. 

Sephora, please stop. When you use their service your customers are helpless and at their mercy. There is nothing we can do. Their CS is unreliable. 3 of 4 of my last deliveries had issues, and this last one has gone missing despite being said it was delivered (at 10:40 pm???).  

I was so glad to move out of an On-Trac city. Lots of bad experiences with them, but the very worst was their delivery of my Modern Renaissance palette back in 2016. I saw the "delivery vehicle" as it drove by -- that's all it did was drive by, slowly enough to throw my box into my yard. It was an old, decrepit-looking station wagon, and its driver had what I assumed was an aged relative sprawled in the back seat. The rest of the space in the car was filled with brown boxes of various sizes.

I had watched as my Sephora box was tossed over the gate onto the concrete path. The palette was broken, and I figured it would be, but to find out for sure, first I had to open the box. I did so pretty hesitantly because it had greasy fingerprints on it, and also some ants. 

12,471 Replies
testing