Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@scott1201 Oh no! It looks like it might get its own special home 🙂

Best,

Rebecca 

I had the same problem @scott1201 😔. I finally gave up and just kept it in my makeup bag.

Ugh, i just can’t stand when one product ruins the entire organization scheme!  (I’m looking at you real techniques brush with your super wide handle) @scott1201 

Nooooooo @scott1201 😱 my PMG bullets are the same way. So annoying!

Last week I bought Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides powder in Dark Chocolate Blackberry from Target, and I finally went to try it today. It doesn't dissolve, no matter how long I stir it. It smells like chocolate, but tastes like nothing. I only tasted it, I didn't drink the whole thing, too chunky!

Probably best for smoothies.Probably best for smoothies.

That’s too bad that it turned out like this @suzyo ... but at least it smelt good, right?

That definitely does not look appealing.  I agreed - probably best to try to blend it with something in a smoothie. 

That looks less than appealing.  😂. Maybe it may work better blended in a blender?  Haha, yeah I wouldn’t want to drink that like that either! @suzyo 

Yep that looks like something that needs to be blended into something so I can’t see it @suzyo 😂

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I really wish lip products would clearly and accurately display their color on the outside. No all black packaging, no frosted glass etc. Would help me reach for them more often.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That would be great if they did that @Shelbstirr. I would probably wear more lipstick that way!

@Shelbstirr  completely agree!  

@Shelbstirr - OMGosh, yes!  I have a bunch of Bite Beauty lip pencils in all gray cases stuffed in a jar.  I wear them quite frequently, but have to uncap every one to find the color I'm looking for.  Of course, it's always the last one! 😄

At least with the lipsticks, they're in a lipstick holder by brand and alphabetized within each brand.  That makes finding a color somewhat easier.

Maybe you could make little swatches on paper and then cut out and tape on the cap? Not sure if the colors would change over time but might be worth a try on ones you wear a lot?

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That’s smart that you alphabetize @Titian06!

Hi @Carmenatty , @veronika23 , @faeriegirl , @Indy701 , 

Hi All, I’m wondering if there is some way we could help @Carmenatty , any ideas anyone?

Thanks, SuzieQ. 

Just in case anyone can help @Carmenatty ?

@StephanieBT , @kevinbt , @HelenBT ?

Her below post is on page 2 now & I want people to see this, so maybe we can help.

❤️‘S, SuzieQ. 

Can this be a separate post as well? With maybe links (a list/ spreadsheet/ something) as to what items need to be replaced?

Her grandson got into all of her makeup and wrecked it all, so now she has to start from scratch & she’s currently injured (not working), I know in the Sephora Group some people were wondering, where they could donate their used makeup.  This is a great way to give to one of our own, she is in the USA. 

Any offers or help would be truly appreciated, so far @Indy701 , and myself have offered our stuff we won’t use, looking for others?  Thanks So Much in Advance!!!

❤️❤️❤️’s, SuzieQ. 

So not exactly beauty related but I want to complain so I'm counting it haha. 

My winter coat zipper chose this morning to break! Like no, don't to that when it's 40 degrees and I could wear my peacoat and still be warm, please wait until it's 7 degrees out! Luckily it still has a belt and snaps so I can still sort of stay closed but it was very drafty. 

@Kim888 I hope you are staying warm!!

Best,
Rebecca 

Oh no, that’s unfortunate @Kim888. Worst timing to have that happen when it’s just been unbelievable cold. Stay warm!

12,471 Replies
testing