Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

On no I am happy at least there was some cream left to salvage @eshoe.

Yes, @Loretta55so true! This is the only daytime face cream that agrees with my skin & makeup combo right now, and the nearest Sephora is pretty far away. There is a bright side!

I know this doesn’t help with your low buy @eshoe . At least you have enough to get yourself through the Spring Sale.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

pet peeve: when you are waiting for an item to be restocked, and it does, but you figure you will wait because none of the gwp deluxe samples are calling your name and it is sold out again when you do go to buy it. grr lol

Pet Peeve 1: I have so many lovely products to take pictures of for the haul thread and I just haven’t done it yet! I am my own Pet Peeve! I love the haul thread and I feel like an imposter when I get new things and don’t share. 

Pet Peeve 2: One of those new things was the MAC Boom Boom Bloom palette and when I got it home it had two broken pans in it. 🤬 I decided to take it back and get the MAC Art Library palette in Nude Model instead. While I was checking out, the cashier accidentally tipped over the bag and the palette hit the check out area kinda hard. I was like “Oh please please please let nothing have broken.” (It was fine.) But when I got home the doorbell rang (heaven forbid) and all pandemonium let loose in catville and my cat Mona knocked the palette right off my desk and onto the hardwood floor as she fled for safety under the bed. I would just like to thank the palette gods for showing me mercy once more because against all odds nothing broke that time either. But my nerves can’t handle this! 😬

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I had a mini anxiety attack reading this! Ahhhh!!

@starsandbucks I love the haul thread too.  I always feel like mine are so unimpressive compared to the others there, but I love sharing.

@sprocketta No, they're all impressive! I like seeing what other people get 🙂

I *still* haven’t taken my pictures @sprocketta ! I thought publicly naming and shaming myself would light a fire under me but nope!!!

Time to coat everything in the house in bubble wrap!  For palette safety!  Plus thé cats are sure ronlove it!   @starsandbucks 

@heartsmyface Can confirm, my cat loves to chomp on the bubbles

Oh no @starsandbucks, I’m glad the second one made it ok!

Oh, no! So glad the 2nd palette survived, @starsandbucks!

Oh, no! So glad the 2nd palette survived, @starsandbucks!

Re: Oh, no! So glad the 2nd palette survived, @starsandbucks!

Thank you! So am I @curlychiquita ! 😄

When I buy a handpoured lipstick with BITE beauty at Sephoria and it dries out and cracks down the middle after less than four months.

I contacted Bite about the lipstick a while back with photos and they say:

Hi there! Since it is a custom lipstick it was hand poured so that's why there is a small crack. Are you still able to wear it or is it breaking?

i responded that it’s very very dry and ready to crumble and I can only use it as a souvenir as it says Sephoria on the bottom.  No response from Bite in over a week.  The lipstick has since cracked off at the base cause I thought ‘hey maybe I can still use it cracked’.  Nope.  

If their reasoning is that it’s handpoured and that’s why my lipstick is like this maybe they should reconsider their custom labs.  Paying extra for a lipstick I can’t use unless I swirl a lipbrush with gloss on it over the tip, really peeves me off.  Has anyone else got handpoured lipsticks done they can look at for me?  @veronika23 @Mochapj @lyravega @veronika23 @RGbrown @faeriegirl @Tamara76 

Does anyone have any advice on how to reattach a lipstick to a bullet?  I’ve considered trying to moisten it with a glycerin base but I don’t believe that will dry down...sigh... it may be a Sephoria lipgloss soon.  @KatieBT This is the photo I sent themThis is the photo I sent them

Oh no @heartsmyface !  I had one made at the Bite Lip Lab in SoHo last May and mine is still in good shape!  I am happy to hear that you got a resolution, but so sad about your lippie.😢

I just want to update that after some back and forth they have agreed to allow me to choose a lipstick from their regular line as a replacement.  I am appeased.  @veronika23 @RGbrown @starsandbucks @ShortErica @WinglessOne @faeriegirl @lyravega 

@heartsmyface I’m glad you will at least get another lipstick. There’s no replacing yours because it was special but at least they are trying😊

Not the best but definitely a better resolution than them doing nothing. Can't wait to see which one you choose @heartsmyface - any in mind?

@heartsmyface 

I'm a bit shocked and dismayed that the hand poured lippies aren't better quality to begin with, but I'm glad you were able to get some sort of resolution! 

@RGbrown I’m choosing to believe that Sephoria was very busy and there were long line ups of people waiting to make custom lipsticks and that in the bustle of it all maybe mines’ ingredient ratio was off?  They were handmixing the lipsticks in a generally dark area 

12,471 Replies
testing