Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@sprocketta  , @WinglessOne  Not sure if this is more of a lip balm, then a true lip gloss, but I've been pleasantly surprised by KOPARI - Coconut Lip Glossy. I think it came in a Sephora Favorites set, I've got the clear version in a squeeze tube. The formula is on the thinner side (which I like) and more slippery vs sticky. One coat over a matte lipstick gives a nice shiny/reflective sheen, two coats for the traditional glossy/juicy/vinyl look and feel (which drives me nuts, so I never do two coats). The shine from one coat stays through some coffee cup contact, though there's transfer, and the applicator will pick up the underlying lip color during application, so I have to wipe it off after every use. Also, the coconut smell is STRONG.

Alternatively, and I've never tried it, but Shiseido has a clear gloss as part of their relaunch that supposedly can be used on lips or eyes...I 100% do not understand the glossy eyelook 🙂 SHISEIDO - Crystal Gel Gloss

@MissPuff  Hmm, I didn’t know Kopari makes a gloss... er, a “glossy.” 🙂 I’ll give that a shot! I can handle a lot of coconut scent (a lot of my hair products contain coconut oil), but I’ll sniff a tester to make sure I can deal with it longterm. Other than strong scent, it sounds like the gloss I’ve been looking for. Thanks! 

@sprocketta  I’ve been looking for a good clear gloss, too. I recently bought Glossier’s. That’s an example of a “non-sticky” claim bugging me: the Fenty Gloss Bomb (original shade) is less sticky than Glossier’s clear gloss. Glossier’s isn’t bad, but I’m sure there’s a better one out there. I’ve never tried Smashbox’s clear gloss. I haven’t tried NARS’s either, surprisingly; it’s on my list. 

Sorry to hear OH didn’t work for you. 😞 I wish more skincare brands would leave heavy fragrances out of their stuff. Hope you find something else that works. 

@WinglessOne I really wanted to love the Fenty gloss bomb but I couldn't get past the glitter.  Smashbox's clear gloss was expensive, so maybe I'll try the Sephora line first.

@AnnaCassandra  I like Mac lipgloss cause it hides all your liplines 

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Pet peeve that makes me want to cry. Just opened a fresh jar of my face cream this week, dropped it this morning and almost 1/2 of it splattered everywhere. I bought it during the fall sale to save $, stored it in my fridge to preserve it, all for nothing 🙄 At least the jar didn’t break and I have enough to last until the spring sale.854ABDAA-597C-4993-914C-FDC3BE8DD31F.jpeg

@eshoe NOOOOoooooooo 😱

Yes, @RNGesusPls, it couldn’t have happened last week, on the jar I was just finishing😂

@eshoe 😨😓 Nearly the same thing happened to mine, except I hadn’t completely unscrewed the lid so nothing splattered out. That little glass jar’s exceptionally tough! I’m glad yours didn’t break! But sad that you lost half the contents. 

I was looking for an opaque (or semi-opaque frosted finish) plastic pump bottle to transfer that moisturizer into. Then I forgot about it. Now I’m reminded again. 

Wow that is a fabulous idea @WinglessOne (you are full of them; my brush tree is still happily in use)! I clean out and save many of the containers I think I could reuse. Need to find a glass pump though, or at least a glass bottle with a pump that fits it🤔

Thanks @eshoe ! 🙂 Hooray for reusable containers! An empty full size Lala Retro tub (the airless container) would be ideal for this. Since I only have DS pots of Lala, I need to dig back through my reusable containers to see if I have a good option. I’d rather reuse/upcycle than buy a brand new container. 

I am pretty sure I’m nearing the end of my La La @WinglessOne. Need to watch a video or something because it seems like there is a plastic baggie inside; guessing I would just refill it with the YTTP. I was planning to repurchase both during the spring sale, I won’t throw the DE container away now, thank you, yet again!

@eshoe There's a plastic pump inside! Same goes for the rest of their products that use the airless vacuum pump. When you take the top colored part off, clean the inside, push the pump back down, and it's ready to be refilled

YES @RNGesusPls! This is not going to happen to me again, unless it happens while I am filling the DE tub;)

@eshoe 

Gahhhh, that's awful! Pots are becoming the bane of my existence for this reason too...I already disliked them because I don't want to have to dip into them, but now I've lost half of not just one but two eye creams recently from dropping them. Non-slip packaging needs to be the new norm! 

Two eye creams @RGbrown?!?! We need little rubber dots on jars like the socks they hand out to toddlers at jump parks. 

@eshoe 

I am sorely tempted to pick up a can of that stuff (you can get it at hardware stores...it's meant for coating the handles on your hand tools, like screwdrivers and such) 😂

I didn’t know there was such a thing, @RGbrown? hey, maybe bkr could make little jar covers like they do for their bottles, I would be in!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   That’s sad.  Did you at least  walk through the splatters and try to get some of that precious cream on you somewhere?  @eshoe 

That’s just depressing.  So sorry to hear that. 

My daughter slathered herself, @heartsmyface 😂 I let her use it on her face once in awhile but this time she got to use it as body cream. I tried to salvage some with my spatula but inspected it and  decided it wasn’t worth it. The sad thing is I just successfully applied it, but decided my cheeks needed an extra layer of protection. Instead my rug got it👏🏼

@eshoe oh no! I would’ve cried!

12,471 Replies
testing