Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you, @WinglessOne ! 🙂

Frivolous "Not Helpful" votes. Why does this get it? There is nothing wrong with their review:

Yes

I bought this on a blind buy, I know it’s crazy cause it’s so expensive . At first I was a little disappointed, not because it didn’t smell good but I think my expectations were too high… then I found the more I wore the fragrance the more I liked it. Now I absolutely love it. My love was shy at first :p. It’s beautiful!
Helpful?(3)|(6)

@Buootiful yes! It's either brand fans or sometimes I think/hope it's people accidently hitting the not helpful button? I know I've done this by accident a couple of times and felt so bad- I wish there was a way to undo it! I usually make sure to give a helpful vote to the same review so hopefully it helps balance it out 🤦

@Buootiful, oh that's just fandoms being super petty.  I usually roll my eyes and move on.

I agree, frivolous un helpfulls are Not. Helpful. @Buootiful 

My eyebrows are not evenly shaded.  Some are black, some are white.  Every product I've tried on them so far leaves me with accidentally ombre brows.  Dark brown on top of black looks black, but on top of white can turn reddish.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  A product that colors the brows the same no matter what?   Thank you!

Kosas brow pop medium brown, air brow brown black! That’s my go-to. 

@Ispend2much6 Ardell sells an eyebrow tinting kit and I’ve heard of people using Just For Men to do their eyebrows. There’s lots of Youtube videos. I think if you have a steady hand (or a good helper) either of those are worth a shot (or at least a patch test). Worse case, makeup will mostly likely cover it until it fades.

Thank you @makeitup305 !  If it works, it certainly would be worth it. 

I get my eyebrows dyed when I get a color touch up @Ispend2much6. Unfortunately it does not last long enough but that gives me the most natural looking effect. Whatever you do don’t tweeze the ugly white hairs. It will just leave a hole.

@Loretta55  Wish I'd ask you this question before two weeks ago...unfortunately I found that out!  Thank you!

Oh no what happened @Ispend2much6?

@Loretta55  I was trying to make my eyebrows into a straighter line, to "open up" my eye area since I have those "11's" and the outer corners of my eyelids are drooping and causing shadows, so I plucked more than I ended up being happy with and not all of the hairs are growing back.

Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW Brow Enhancing Serum 4 Month Supply really helped me with regrowth of my eyebrows @Ispend2much6
I tried the ColorWow powder but I have such a large area that needs touching up. I liked the Rita Hazan root touch up spray. I still have a can somewhere in my stash. It works real well on my part. I went through a can per month. I need to check on line what retailer sells it. 

I wondered about that @Loretta55 @Ispend2much6 . My hair gal mentions it but I was afraid it wouldn’t look natural enough. Good to know you like it. 

My stylist always mixes a little extra for my eyebrows @Sunnysmom. It does look natural. Unfortunately it is not long lasting.

Boo @Loretta55 😒. They’ll look great while it lasts tho! How long do you figure? 

They last between 1-2 weeks @Sunnysmom. I get root touch ups every 4 weeks. 

Ugh that’s not long is it. Same with me. Tried 6 weeks. Ha. Not. Any. More. 😭 @Ispend2much6 

@Sunnysmom  I can get away with it if my coloring is cured under heat an extra 10-15 minutes, and use COLOR WOW Root Coverup Powder or Tarte's Big Ego Dab and Go Hair Concealer, which looks more natural than the powder.

And, highlights help the gray not to show as much between sessions.

That’s great @Ispend2much6 ! I have Color Wow too but it feels a little something to me I don’t know what. Maybe because it’s along with any styling stuff I use. It’s a good little quick fix tho that’s for sure! Haven’t tried Tarte’s. That may be even better. 🙂 

12,433 Replies
testing