Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Is the listed size/amount of product the same as your past purchases? If it is, I would consider exchanging. Machines aren't perfect and you may have received a jar or batch that was under filled.

Yes, the listed size is the same as it's always been. Just bad luck I guess. 

I hate it when you buy a lipstick and you can't see anything to indicate the shade on the tube,

Those days when, no matter what you do, your winger eyeliner just will not cooperate. I had to re-do it about 5 times this morning. -___-

Beauty pet peeve: Losing a beauty product. 

Somehow managed to misplace my Hourglass pt perk in "Peacemaker". Only used it once and now I have no idea where it is 😕 

The exact thing happened to me with the Hourglass Peacemaker point perk!  I used it once, just to check out the colour, and now it's missing! I think I dropped it when travelling...

Really wanted to use this one, to see if I liked it, and the colour seemed just waht I was looking for.

Don't want to have to pay $40 to try it out, so disappointed that I misplaced it.

That is so frustrating! 😞 I hope it turns up.

Not accurate shipping details. Sephora shipping is so crazy right now.

1. I had a box that was supposed to be delivered yesterday no show up so I checked. It went out of salt lake to Kentucky to Jax to being out for delivery back to salt lake originating. I called waited 15 min to talk to someone (they must be really having trouble) to be told disregard that's not right. Obviously. I did get it today.

2. My rouge only Sephora play mysteriously shows up today. I say mysteriously because it has not shipped yet according to my account and customer service said i was not going to get it until late next week. I actually lol when I opened it. 

Nice surprise but come on I know they have to scan the boxes I have planned trips around my deliveries like everyone else. 

Spoiler

One of my top pet peeves is that most products aren't available in a smaller size, and the ones that are are overpriced like crazy. I don't do a full face often so I have never hit pan on any powder products, and I like to have a variety of items so I end up wasting $$$ and products. For a lot of things like blush, bronzer, highlighter etc, I just want to get the small size and it'll last me until it expires. 

For example, I really want to try the Hourglass ambient lighting powder so the travel size would be perfect. 

www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1716414&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap377723

But the full size is .35 oz for $46 and the travel size is .049 oz for $22. It's literally not even 14% of the full size product but it costs half! 

It can still be a better deal even if the cost is higher per oz, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Throwing another $24 at the purchase because the size is bigger is a waste of money if you never actually use that product after all. Then that $24 will sit in a drawer until you guiltily get rid of it one day, and then the $24 will sit in a landfill. 

Buy the smaller size and take yourself to a movie.

Yeah I agree it's a waste of money to buy the full size 😞 In this case though the difference is so big I get mad just thinking about it. I've been waiting for a promo or good set/palette to try out HG instead. 

My beauty pet peeve is what I shall refer to as The Evil Zit That Will Not Die, or TEZTWND. It started out as a huge awful cystic pimple smack dab in the middle of my face. It cast its own shadow, people! It was huge and painful for weeks, and when it finally started drying up, the skin was kind of shrivelled and started peeling, making it impossible to cover with makeup.It's been over a month, and TEZTWND has left an awful dark scar that I hope will eventually fade. 

I feel your pain @Beadshopgirl ! Lately those are the only types of zits I get...I miss the inflamed ones with whiteheads that eventually drain! Yes, those were horrible and left a nice red mark but at least they went away within a few days.

These cystic type ones end up a little flat on my face...but still very much raised and squishy. It's like there's nothing underneath but the bump tells me otherwise. I'm very wary of messing with these because I did pop one on my cheek last year (one of my first) after getting sick and tired with dealing with it for over a month and it's left a scar--not just hyperpigmentation--which is still fading approx. 10 months later. Thankfully, it is easily covered with a tiny dab of concealer and not too noticeable even when I have no makeup on.

My last cyst finally went away at the end of April...it took a good month of spot treatments for the skin to be finally be thin enough so the infection can drain. I FINALLY saw a little white spot which told me it was ready to come out. The things that have worked for me are Epsom salt, Mario Badescu Buffering lotion, and AHA spot treatments. Oh, and my beloved Herbivore Blue Tansy mask. I dropped serious cash (mostly in shipping! UGH) for the Renee Rouleau Anti Cyst treatment which will be my ammo for the next one that shows up, whenever that may be!

The Epsom salt trick really helped with drying it up @k617, but now I'm left with this weird bumpy texture in the area, and some discolouration. I'm pretty sure it was the Burt's Bees cleansing oil that made my face go crazy last month. I only used it a couple of times. 

@Beadshopgirl  Oh those are the worst! Have you tried Kate Somerville's Eradikate? Ever since I discovered it, nothing else can replace it. For cysts, I cover the area at night with a medium-thick layer and it is usually gone within the week.

When there's that itty bitty bit of lotion left in the pump bottle, but the consistency of the lotion is too thick to shake it around and get it to go up the pump...oiiiiiii

This is me right now, I've been violently shaking and banging the lotion bottle at my desk in hopes of getting something, ANYTHING, to move towards the pump. 

I like it when male coworkers look over after hearing the racket that I am making and ask if they can help :D.

Spoiler
They could help by not using up all of my lotion. Seriously the guys are the ones that come by and use my hand cream all the time. The ladies at least ask and don't take enough lotion to cover a baked potato 😛

Lol. They have no idea how much we spend on our lotions!!

Having to color match seasonally, le sigh. 

I don't mind swapping out samples, stuff happens, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD never, ever, ever send perfume unless it's specifically requested, Sephora. If one of them breaks you essentially sent someone with allergies a freaking biological weapon. I'm gonna go throw up from my headache now....

2 Replies
testing