Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That sucks. It seems like such a straight forward issue that should be really easily solvable. It's not that complicated! Hopefully a mod can indeed help you!

Can a mod assist me?

@NikkoBT@MaliBT@KatieBT

Hi @KatieJiang,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I'll send you a private message to further assist you. 

Cheers!
Nikko

ON-TRAC SHIPPING (sorry, this is going to be a long rant, because I definitely have a bone to pick with them)

Missing or wrongly delivered Sephora Rouge Two-Day shipping orders, all courtesy of On-Trac shipping. 

Normally, a shipping company's job would be to deliver packages in a relatively undamaged state to the correct address. Not with On-Trac it seems! It just so happens that anything that can go wrong with my packages does with all my Sephora orders.

With On-Track, I've had Sephora several packages:

-delivered to the wrong address (within the same community)

-THROWN at the door instead of placed at the door (the loud, resulting bang scared the bejebus out of me, but I didn't decide to complain about my items were relatively fine that time and I figured maybe the delivery person was pressed for time)

-and packages that simply weren't there even though the tracking says it would be (I know for a fact that these packages weren't 'stolen' from my doorstep, since I'm able to work at home on days I get my packages delivered and my home office is right next to my front door, and I can hear/see when a package is delivered or when someone is at my door)

Another thing with On-Trac is that they NEVER knock or ring the doorbell, so the only way I can tell if my package is here is by checking the tracking or opening the front door. 

I've never had any problem with Sephora orders that ship with UPS or USPS and I'm thankful.

But the biggest pet peeve(s) of all is that the missing (ie: not delivered) package happened with my latest order, which I made with the Tom Ford mini lipstick promo code. I was so excited to finally try out the brand and now I can't, since my package is missing (even though tracking says it was delivered Friday morning) and by association, the TF mini is MIA and the promo code item seems to be out of stock online  😕 And also, another pet peeve is that the order was for my HG Belif Essence, which I had run out of and was in dire need of. My skin's not feeling too happy with out the essence and it's broken out in rebellion. I'll have to run to the closest Sephora today, since it's clear the package won't be making its way to me.

I haven't contacted customer service yet because I don't want to deal with that headache yet. And I know I should, so I can at least try to get this problem addressed. Or at the very least, try to make sure that Sephora doesn't ship any of my Rouge Two-Day shipping orders with On-Trac.

I feel that at some point, with On-Trac's shoddy services, there's only so much a Sephora customer service rep can do without me feeling like someone who is complaining to complain, rather than someone who is genuinely having problems with their orders. When I try to reach out to CS, I get the help I need, but I feel like I get an apathetic vibe from the rep (which could totally be my fault for reading the vibes wrong!).

ugh. *sorry for the long post, I'm just really frustrated*

TLDR: pet peeves - On-Trac shipping, missing out on great promo items because they say they're delivered when they aren't (read: not delivered to my address at all), and running out of your HG skin care and having your skin rebel as a result of not having the item you ordered delivered. 

Hi Monikay,

I am so sorry to hear about all the issues you've had with our shipping company On-Trac. I'll send you a pm shortly to further assist you with your recent order. 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
Anonymous Insider

Wow, that most certainly sounds like a mess. Maybe try tagging a mod on here? I've heard people get better responses on BT 

@MaliBT @NikkoBT @KatieBT

I used to have a wonderful mailman who would always carefully put packages inside our covered stoop.It wouldn't stop a determined thief, but it would make it so there's no obvious announcement of a package, and would protect against the weather. Unfortunately my new mailman can't be bothered to take the tiny step of opening to stoop door, something that takes seconds to give my purchases great protection.

I always read delivery men horror stories, I guess it was only a matter of time before my luck also ran out.

Oh, I hate bad delivery drivers! I used to have a ups man that refused to even get out of the truck. He'd put my boxes in a plastic bag and then just toss them into the front yard. It's a good 40 ft from street to porch...not that far to walk, but nowhere near close enough to have any hope of reaching it. Sigh. Thankfully he has moved on.

I wish there was a better way to hold delivery people responsible for poor service.

I reordered my FAB Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight balm, and it has way less product than it used to. I've bought this at least 3 or 4 times previously, and it's always been filled to the top, but there's literally a half-inch space even though the jar is the exact same size as the one I just finished.  [edit: the missing product is much more obvious in person than in the photo]

1498030821354.jpeg

Is the listed size/amount of product the same as your past purchases? If it is, I would consider exchanging. Machines aren't perfect and you may have received a jar or batch that was under filled.

Yes, the listed size is the same as it's always been. Just bad luck I guess. 

I hate it when you buy a lipstick and you can't see anything to indicate the shade on the tube,

Those days when, no matter what you do, your winger eyeliner just will not cooperate. I had to re-do it about 5 times this morning. -___-

Beauty pet peeve: Losing a beauty product. 

Somehow managed to misplace my Hourglass pt perk in "Peacemaker". Only used it once and now I have no idea where it is 😕 

The exact thing happened to me with the Hourglass Peacemaker point perk!  I used it once, just to check out the colour, and now it's missing! I think I dropped it when travelling...

Really wanted to use this one, to see if I liked it, and the colour seemed just waht I was looking for.

Don't want to have to pay $40 to try it out, so disappointed that I misplaced it.

That is so frustrating! 😞 I hope it turns up.

Not accurate shipping details. Sephora shipping is so crazy right now.

1. I had a box that was supposed to be delivered yesterday no show up so I checked. It went out of salt lake to Kentucky to Jax to being out for delivery back to salt lake originating. I called waited 15 min to talk to someone (they must be really having trouble) to be told disregard that's not right. Obviously. I did get it today.

2. My rouge only Sephora play mysteriously shows up today. I say mysteriously because it has not shipped yet according to my account and customer service said i was not going to get it until late next week. I actually lol when I opened it. 

Nice surprise but come on I know they have to scan the boxes I have planned trips around my deliveries like everyone else. 

Spoiler

One of my top pet peeves is that most products aren't available in a smaller size, and the ones that are are overpriced like crazy. I don't do a full face often so I have never hit pan on any powder products, and I like to have a variety of items so I end up wasting $$$ and products. For a lot of things like blush, bronzer, highlighter etc, I just want to get the small size and it'll last me until it expires. 

For example, I really want to try the Hourglass ambient lighting powder so the travel size would be perfect. 

www.sephora.com/ambient-lighting-powder-P377723?skuId=1716414&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap377723

But the full size is .35 oz for $46 and the travel size is .049 oz for $22. It's literally not even 14% of the full size product but it costs half! 

It can still be a better deal even if the cost is higher per oz, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Throwing another $24 at the purchase because the size is bigger is a waste of money if you never actually use that product after all. Then that $24 will sit in a drawer until you guiltily get rid of it one day, and then the $24 will sit in a landfill. 

Buy the smaller size and take yourself to a movie.

Yeah I agree it's a waste of money to buy the full size 😞 In this case though the difference is so big I get mad just thinking about it. I've been waiting for a promo or good set/palette to try out HG instead. 

testing