Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It can still be a better deal even if the cost is higher per oz, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Throwing another $24 at the purchase because the size is bigger is a waste of money if you never actually use that product after all. Then that $24 will sit in a drawer until you guiltily get rid of it one day, and then the $24 will sit in a landfill. 

Buy the smaller size and take yourself to a movie.

Yeah I agree it's a waste of money to buy the full size 😞 In this case though the difference is so big I get mad just thinking about it. I've been waiting for a promo or good set/palette to try out HG instead. 

My beauty pet peeve is what I shall refer to as The Evil Zit That Will Not Die, or TEZTWND. It started out as a huge awful cystic pimple smack dab in the middle of my face. It cast its own shadow, people! It was huge and painful for weeks, and when it finally started drying up, the skin was kind of shrivelled and started peeling, making it impossible to cover with makeup.It's been over a month, and TEZTWND has left an awful dark scar that I hope will eventually fade. 

I feel your pain @Beadshopgirl ! Lately those are the only types of zits I get...I miss the inflamed ones with whiteheads that eventually drain! Yes, those were horrible and left a nice red mark but at least they went away within a few days.

These cystic type ones end up a little flat on my face...but still very much raised and squishy. It's like there's nothing underneath but the bump tells me otherwise. I'm very wary of messing with these because I did pop one on my cheek last year (one of my first) after getting sick and tired with dealing with it for over a month and it's left a scar--not just hyperpigmentation--which is still fading approx. 10 months later. Thankfully, it is easily covered with a tiny dab of concealer and not too noticeable even when I have no makeup on.

My last cyst finally went away at the end of April...it took a good month of spot treatments for the skin to be finally be thin enough so the infection can drain. I FINALLY saw a little white spot which told me it was ready to come out. The things that have worked for me are Epsom salt, Mario Badescu Buffering lotion, and AHA spot treatments. Oh, and my beloved Herbivore Blue Tansy mask. I dropped serious cash (mostly in shipping! UGH) for the Renee Rouleau Anti Cyst treatment which will be my ammo for the next one that shows up, whenever that may be!

The Epsom salt trick really helped with drying it up @k617, but now I'm left with this weird bumpy texture in the area, and some discolouration. I'm pretty sure it was the Burt's Bees cleansing oil that made my face go crazy last month. I only used it a couple of times. 

@Beadshopgirl  Oh those are the worst! Have you tried Kate Somerville's Eradikate? Ever since I discovered it, nothing else can replace it. For cysts, I cover the area at night with a medium-thick layer and it is usually gone within the week.

When there's that itty bitty bit of lotion left in the pump bottle, but the consistency of the lotion is too thick to shake it around and get it to go up the pump...oiiiiiii

This is me right now, I've been violently shaking and banging the lotion bottle at my desk in hopes of getting something, ANYTHING, to move towards the pump. 

I like it when male coworkers look over after hearing the racket that I am making and ask if they can help :D.

Spoiler
They could help by not using up all of my lotion. Seriously the guys are the ones that come by and use my hand cream all the time. The ladies at least ask and don't take enough lotion to cover a baked potato 😛

Lol. They have no idea how much we spend on our lotions!!

Having to color match seasonally, le sigh. 

I don't mind swapping out samples, stuff happens, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD never, ever, ever send perfume unless it's specifically requested, Sephora. If one of them breaks you essentially sent someone with allergies a freaking biological weapon. I'm gonna go throw up from my headache now....

yikes sorry @bratknits I know receiving unrequested samples can be annoying but I've never considered how sending the wrong thing could lead to a bigger issue 😞

When a great gift idea hits you waaayyyy after the fact. I kept passing on the Naked Smokey palette when it'd go on sale for $27 because it didn't appeal to me that much since I had a lot of the colors, but now I just realized it would have been a perfect gift to pick up for one of my friends. Hope it goes on sale again. Even on sale it's a bit beyond our friend group's polite gift giving range, so I can't really justify getting it full priced as a gift, but now I sure am tempted.

Can I just put a general online shopping pet peeve here?

I've been waiting for the Rifle Paper Co. x Keds to be restocked, and I have never seem them on the Bay. Didn't think The Bay would get them since they're LE and we Canadians frequently get shafted on LE's 😞

Well, today I got the in-stock notification from RiflePaper.com and snapped up a pair right away... then I went to The Bay a few hours later and saw they had them too, and on sale!

With the poor CAD to US exchange rate, plus shipping...I paid almost twice as much to order from Rifle Paper directly. The ONLY thing that made me not cancel my Rifle paper direct order is that The Bay says the shoes are shipping from another store, and I wouldn't want to cancel my overpriced pair only to have the Bay also cancel my order...

ARGH!

On the bright side, I did order another pair from the Bay that I removed from my cart on the Rifle Paper site since I just couldn't bring myself to spend so much on two pairs of sneakers.

😮 Just looked these up... holy cuteness! Which ones did you order?

Annoying about the shipping tho, Canada gets left out all the time grr..

I got the Triple Decker in Wildflower from the Rifle Paper website, and then proceeded to order the regular Champion from The Bay! Currently both orders are still in limbo. Fairly certain I'll get my order from Rifle but it's questionable at this point whether The Bay will cancel my order....@haleyhale

Love it! Fingers crossed it all goes through to delivery @k617

When you love pampering your skin but are often too lazy to do a full skincare routine. Another thread reminded me of this, but by not doing my full routine each night; my skin gets cranky so I pay for my laziness/tiredness. It gets annoying after a while of getting frustrated with my skin when I know why it is acting up.

Also, when a product looks like it would work well as a face product but is so narrow that I can't reasonably get a face brush into it. I know these are first world problems, but they still bug me.

I've been so lazy with my skincare lately 😩 and I've only been using moisturizer at night, gasp. LOL

In the same boat as you all @KellW & @myumew  I've been slacking significantly with my night time skin care for a while now. 

3 Replies
testing