Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@veronika23-  You don't have to buy the special steel bar of soap, if you have a stainless kitchen sink, just rub your fingers on it after cutting onions and garlic, smell gone.

@prettyinpa.true that right :D. Thanks 🙂

I agree @veronika23.  Washing with Dawn liquid detergent doesn't even work for me.  I even use cleansing oils, hoping to dilute the scent.  That helped a little better.  Or maybe I am just spraying indiscriminately and it gets everywhere and I don't know it.

@Ispend2much6I've even used scrubs and still it's like embedded in my skin 😄

@veronika23- I discovered a weird thing that takes away unwanted fragrance. One of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk and I washed him with "Skunk Off" de-scenting cleanser, it removed his smell and my fragrance that I was wearing too. I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy some just for removing unwanted perfume, but if you have it around the house for your dogs, it does work.

Cool! Thanks @prettyinpa 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Victoria secret has their semi annual sale they have perfumes on sale.They sold out of all the good ones already though so whats left is probably just okay ... plus going in the store right now would be a nightmare.

Sephora Play! released a $20 luxury box. And of course people have posted essay length "reviews" on how they deserve more free stuff from Sephora, it's stupid, they won't shop here anymore, blah blah blah...oh please lol. 

Anonymous Insider

but how does that effect your life ? is the main question I have when I read this post lol.

Similar idea, I'm looking at fragrance reviews and always look at the lowest first. So many low ratings say things along the lines of "i like it but it's too expensive." I hate that as a review! I can clearly see the price and judge that for myself. "Not worth the price" and "i hate spending this much but it's worth it" are two very different things. The latter does not justify a lower rating 😠 

Lol!! I have the same feelings when I see those reviews.  First of all, they make me laugh and I feel second hand embarrassment for the people, and second of all, if they don't like or want it then don't buy it?!?!?! Not that hard!

People literally complain about everything.  I personally think that $20 is a very good price for getting deluxe samples of high end items.  Pretty sure we will get maybe 2 deluxe lipsticks and that alone would bring value to over $20.

Also, you know they will probably make a purchase from Sephora within the next couple of weeks lol! @JayJayyy

Good point @sabrinas! If the samples are true luxury , that's cheaper than the $35 buy-in for the email promos that sell out in 2.5 seconds lol.

And you know they'll be back! I used to swear off Sephora whenever I had a bad experience but I know myself better 😂

Opening a lipstick to find this 🙂 This was the NARS Orgasm lipstick mini promo. I hate touching lipstick with my hands and I'm sure the tip is ruined by now. Others have stated that the bullet feels wobbly even after they push it back in. This is the first time I've experienced this so it's definitely a new pet peeve. 

IMG_1959.JPG

Oh no! Can CS help in any way regarding damaged on arrival promos?

@myumew  They offered me points and said they can't ship me a new one. 😞 But the thing is I rarely find any rewards that get me to redeem.

I'm annoyed that I might have to go on a no-buy.  Not because of saving money (which would be a positive side effect) because I'm running out of storage space for all my makeup!!! 😱

Same here!

It hadn't happened to me in a long, long time. I ordered the 

Neogen DermalogyCanadian Clay Pore Cleanser and got the green gauze pads instead, same brand, different product. What's weird is that on the profile with purchase history it says I ordered the green tea gauze, but I had placed the order on the clay mask, it is really weird. I don't want the pads. What's weirder is that on the slip they include with the items , it states the correct order, the pore clay mask. Also, I didn't get my caudalie offer I had wanted to try out. >_<

actually they're letting me keep the green tea stuff and sending me my clay replacement, yay 😄 

oh and the green tea gauze.. wow! amazing! 

@Blackwhiskey

I swear I put the green tea pads on my love list when it first appear on the site. but I checked earlier today to see the canadian clay pore cleanser on my love list but I know I never added it... i just checked my list, and its the clay still 😕

When you try to open the box of a new item and you can't get it open without ripping the package, even when trying to be really careful and gentle.  

I know it really doesn't matter, but SO ANNOYING!

testing