Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@veronika23 I've read that a little bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick.

The toothpaste tip is also a good one. I used it a lot to get the formaldehyde smell off me when I took a&p. Helped with rumen fluid smell, too. 

Thanks for the tip @lmi82 🙂

Yes, this happens to me all the time Cat LOL  Got some great tips listed here, though!

@veronika23

ditto! I've finally been trying some of mine lately too. I tried Versace Eros yesterday (I know it's a mens' scent, but the notes were sooo tempting...mint, citrus and vanilla? Heck yeah!). If it isn't what my grandfather used to wear, it was a darn close dupe...bleh, not what I had hoped for at ALL from that one lol.

@RGbrownMeh men's scents... who cares right 😄  Some of them are quite nice for girls too.  Hopefully you can find something you like!  🙂

A friend told me to spray it on the back of my hand so I can take it off if I need to by washing my hands.

Kind of similar to the trick @mrsbaine mentioned above-- a Jo Malone rep once told me that I could possibly spray a fragrance on one finger at a time, so that you can try multiple fragrances and easily wash them off once you are done.   It has worked quite well on me so far-- it doesn't really mix different fragrances sprayed on different fingers! 

Cool! Thanks @NarNarNars 🙂

Thanks @mrsbaine!  I've seen this tip posted by Pinrose in their chat this week as well 🙂

I usually spray on my wrist for quick washing too except some scents don't seem to want to wash off... no matter how hard I scrub 😄

@veronika23 I totally feel ya on this one. I once decided to spray several perfumes on my wrists to see if I liked them. When I went to wash them off, the scent wouldn't go away. Regular soap and dish soap wouldn't make the scents go away, so I tried scrubbing my wrists with toothpaste. It definitely helped. And at least my wrists smelled minty instead of like migraine inducing perfume scents. 

@Saschattack  ohhh haven't tried toothpaste before. Maybe I should give it a try next time. Totally agree that mint would be better than migraine inducing scents :D.  That's why I am so picky... so many scents do not agree with me. Thank you!

I also just thought of something... there's this stainless steel bar of soap or something like that... it's supposed to help with scents like garlic. I wonder if it would work with perfumes too?? I don't see why not. 😄

@veronika23-  You don't have to buy the special steel bar of soap, if you have a stainless kitchen sink, just rub your fingers on it after cutting onions and garlic, smell gone.

@prettyinpa.true that right :D. Thanks 🙂

I agree @veronika23.  Washing with Dawn liquid detergent doesn't even work for me.  I even use cleansing oils, hoping to dilute the scent.  That helped a little better.  Or maybe I am just spraying indiscriminately and it gets everywhere and I don't know it.

@Ispend2much6I've even used scrubs and still it's like embedded in my skin 😄

@veronika23- I discovered a weird thing that takes away unwanted fragrance. One of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk and I washed him with "Skunk Off" de-scenting cleanser, it removed his smell and my fragrance that I was wearing too. I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy some just for removing unwanted perfume, but if you have it around the house for your dogs, it does work.

Cool! Thanks @prettyinpa 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Victoria secret has their semi annual sale they have perfumes on sale.They sold out of all the good ones already though so whats left is probably just okay ... plus going in the store right now would be a nightmare.

Sephora Play! released a $20 luxury box. And of course people have posted essay length "reviews" on how they deserve more free stuff from Sephora, it's stupid, they won't shop here anymore, blah blah blah...oh please lol. 

Anonymous Insider

but how does that effect your life ? is the main question I have when I read this post lol.

Similar idea, I'm looking at fragrance reviews and always look at the lowest first. So many low ratings say things along the lines of "i like it but it's too expensive." I hate that as a review! I can clearly see the price and judge that for myself. "Not worth the price" and "i hate spending this much but it's worth it" are two very different things. The latter does not justify a lower rating 😠 

1 Reply
testing