Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I feel you on both counts @sabrinas. I've had haircuts like that before, it's very upsetting/frustrating. 😞

I also failed my low-buy and re-rouged, but I'm recommitting. There is still half a year to make up for it. 😛

Yep!! Im even more frustrated now because i straightened my hair and its clear that one side is probably an inch longer than the other and choppy/uneven ugh!!! Gotta call the salon back. @Asche (Sorry for unflattering photo lol)

IMG_2211.JPG

When you place an order with Sephora on the 18th and it still hasn't been shipped on the 28th... I called the Rouge line and cancelled the order today.

Between this order and the continuing website issues, I'm going to be consciously trying to avoid purchasing stuff from Sephora for a while.  

Hm.. I usually don't have problems with products being damaged during shipping (~10% chance?) but a palette from Sephora arrived shattered today. 😭 Why UPS, why?

When you report inappropriate content to moderators and nothing's been done 😞  @KatieBT 

I placed an order Tuesday and it shipped the same day. Normally when this happens, I would have gotten my package Thursday. Actually it's always taken exactly two days, have never had it any different the past several years Ive been rouge.

It still shows as "information has been sent for shipping" aka that Sephora printed the label but that's all. I really hope nothing bad happened to it 😞 it only had the sale anastasia shadows but I really wanted those!

On a related tangent, is sephora always quick to ship for everyone else? My orders *always* get held for at least 2-3 days before shipping out (or being cancelled)...and an order I placed 14 days ago FINALLY shipped today (omg). Flash shipping seems to be a joke for me.

I had been Rouge for couple years now (also have Flash shipping), this wasnt a problem until this week.  I ordered the ND Sunset palette and it took 2 days for me to receive the shipping notification.  However, i have a feeling it will be the same as my ABH order meaning it is marked as "shipped" but we dont know when we will receive the goods.  😞

@sabrinas, exact same thing happened to me. And I also ordered the ABH eyeshadows. What the heck is going on? Ugh!

sort of same here.. I ordered 4 of the sale shadows.. Sephora split into two shipments.  One box with one eyeshadow was delivered yesterday, the other box with the three eyeshadows had a label generated Wednesday morning but it hasn't been transferred to UPS yet.

I'm in the same boat as well. I wonder if some of the colors sold out? I really hope that's not the case. I only picked up 4, but one was a back up of one of my favorite colors.

Ugh at when brands put items in a bundle and won't sell items separately.

Case in point, Colourpop has an upcoming LE birthday bundle and I only want the lip glosses. I don't really wear eyeshadow or highlighter so it's kind of a waste for me. Wet N Wild did the same thing with their unicorn collection, but I know that they sold some items separately. 

Maybe it's for the best so I don't buy more things. 😜

Yeah Pat McGrath!!!!  I just want your blue shadow and none of that other stuff!!! The $170 price for the bundle is off putting:/.  I'd be more than happy to spend more than that on individual products I chose myself. 

this ^^^^

@heartsmyface OMG yes! Pat McGrath Labs is notorious for bundling everything. 

I almost forgot about that and I completely agree with you. It's the stunning shadow/pigment that people want and not all of that other stuff. 🙄

Ulta....

I made a purchase, and noticed that I should gotten ~50 more points than they gave me. So, I wrote a polite email, explaining the math of why the points were incorrect...I immediately got an email saying they'll respond back within 24 hrs. 9 days later and still no response. So I emailed again. Finally, they responded, but their email didn't even make any sense mathematically. Oh well.

And...3 months ago I went to get my eyebrows waxed and tinted. Spent $33. However, after I left the store, I noticed there was a red mark/cut/burn (not sure what it was exactly). Over a week later, its still there and its pretty noticeable. So, I emailed them, just asking for a refund politely. Which I feel is reasonable. They didn't respond to that either. I paid $33 because I wanted to look good, but instead ended up with a noticeable red mark that lasted a little more than a month. 

Now, I'm afraid of getting my eyebrows done. And they are in major need of a waxing.....:/

I feel like companies really should respond to their customer service emails...

For the eyebrows why don't you go back and show them. Talk to the salon manager and get a refund.  Not sure how emailing Corporate for an issue like this is a good idea. 

For the points, call Ulta. 

Ulta has very good customer service! 

@xxsourWow that is bad! I feel like the least they can do after they put a burn on your face is refund you the $33 - that's nothing considering what happened! I think you should leave a review for the place if possible and explain what happened and their response.  I realize that sometimes things happen and it doesn't necessarily mean the place is bad but if they had the chance to resolve it for as little as $33 and didn't take that chance that's on them. 

As an aside though I was interested to note that you said it felt like a chemical burn - it may be a reaction to a particular dye maybe it's really crumby they won't answer because it would be good to find out what product they used so that you can avoid it.  I've been getting my hair died light blonde for like 18 years now so I'm used to the tingling and discomfort that comes with bleach but one day at my regular salon they changed the formula and I could feel it really burning but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be wimpy and I also thought that perhaps I was just more sensitive to the usual pain because i was menstruating.  Later, when I got home, I noticed that I had burns all over my scalp and my hair was coming out in little clumps over the burn spots and they turned into large angry red scabby burns later - I had about 15 of these burns all over my head.  I was surprised because I've been bleaching for so long I would have thought I had an iron head by now lol.  There were two things that had been different - #1 I had washed my hair the night before which I never normally do before colouring (the natural oils that build up over a few days protect the skin from the harsh dies and bleach) and #2 they had changed my formula and used a different brand.  Since then I have been careful to leave my hair unwashed for a few days before a colour and they changed back my formula and I've never had that problem again.  All that to say that if you liked the results of the colouring - I know it's much trickier with eyebrows but maybe try not to wash the skin under your brows for a couple days before a colouring and when you call ahead to book you can mention you might have a sensitivity to one of the chemicals so if they could schedule time to do a patch test before doing your eyebrows that would be good.  I'm inclined to think you're right about it being a chemical burn because if the wax had been hot enough to burn I would think that the burn would have been more evenly distributed and that you would have felt the searing heat as soon as the wax was applied.  In my experience of chemical burns from dies (though limited it was fairly dramatic lol) that's how they pop up in read marks like that.

I had an issue with a broken component of a purchase (not the whole thing, just a part of it). I emailed and received a generic reply. so I called instead, inquiring where I could exchange it for a non-broken item (it's no longer online). the associate issued me store credit for the entire item and let me keep it even though it's just 1/4 broken.

was a pretty rad experience, I would definitely say call>email. I was expecting to hear either "return it entirely or suck it up" yknow?

Hey there I'm really sorry to hear that. They probably used wax that was too hot when they did your eyebrows 😞 I had the skin above my brows burned before because of this issue. Luckily it went away but you should find a new place! 

I felt something burning...but it felt more like a chemical burn. I'm not really sure what happened though.

Sorry that it happened to you too:(

testing