Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

EEK!!!  @heartsmyface you are so incredibly wonderful!  PMing you Heart

Anonymous Insider

@ZombieMetroAntI got the same email a few days ago and was so excited... until I realized that it was a mistake (or it sold out again before the email was generated).  I'll keep an eye out for you.  It's such a pretty mirror and you should have it.

They're playing with your emotions!!

Speaking of Ulta...

I have been to my local store three times in the last three weeks and they have never once had the birthday gift in stock. And, irritatingly enough, you can only get it in store.

I only have one more week left before the month of eligibility expires, so I'd say chances are dim. And it's something I really wanted to try, too - a sneak preview of that new Lancome mascara (Mr. Big, or something like that).

You  have to call first.  Some stores are just really busy.  I mean anyone can get  a birthday present. 

If all else fails ask them for another DS item.  

Well luckily I haven't been making a special trip, just stopping in when I go to the farmer's market, because it's on the same street. 🙂

I'm just bummed because I've never had this much trouble in past years, and the sales associates are very vague about if/when they'll be getting any additional supplies.

And I still don't understand why it has to be in store only! I feel bad for any rewards members that don't live near a store - they'll never be able to get their birthday freebie!

Glad to have this safe space for venting! 🙂

@jriskus,

I got my birthday present online.  I've never been inside a Sephora.  Has something changed?

@tsavorite She is talking about Ulta 🙂

Oh, whoops!  Thank you, @Samtian

Another reason why I tend to prefer Sephora, even though I like the Ulta rewards program better! 😉

Thanks, ladies!

Mr. Big 🙂  I'm a Sex and the City fan.  I'd go ga-ga over Sex and the City themed makeup collection.

All I want is the Wet n Wild unicorn brush and the shipping at Ulta costs more than the brush itself. 🙃

This post is too real! I'm always trying to force my money down Ulta's throats like a used car salesman but that shipping fee is like "nah girl, you're too good for this. Keep your coins"

yeah, that's pretty annoying @myumew

but they do have a 20% off coupon on their site

ulta.JPG

>Also, if you have a min $10 purchase from their Hair Event, you get free shipping

ulta1.JPG

just a thought Heart

Ohhhhhh!!!! That Monoi Hair Mask is lovely!   I need to add that to my next Ulta order..... 

Thank you for the helpful suggestions @ZombieMetroAnt! Going to go browse their hair stuff now 😇

Well, no Hawaii for us.  Instead we're dedicating this time to house hunting.  Our place is up for sale (well sorta sold) and we're looking for a house with more room. Two months to go.   Exciting times....yet....I'm having great anxiety about packing my makeup.  I'm so scared it's going to get misplaced/lost/broken/stolen. I've go pink duct tape to clearly mark my boxes, more bubble wrap than is likely necessary...and stress.  Lots of stress.  My pretties!😫  I've sworn to not let them outta my sight, lol, am I being ridiculous? 

Not ridiculous at all! 

I moved a lot growing up and I can't tell you how many irreplaceable things went missing  during overseas moves, including all of our Christmas ornaments (several of which were passed down to my mom from her great-grandparents, grandparents, etc...).  I definitely understand your stress!  Definitely hand carry the most precious of your beauties packed in a ton of bubble wrap.

Also - Sorry to hear Hawaii didn't pan out.  😞  

Good luck with the house hunt!   @heartsmyface

Or you can always buy a place in Hawaii 😉 Good luck with the house hunting @heartsmyface

Definitely not @heartsmyface! I'd be heartbroken if any of my makeup was damaged or lost during a move. It's a really good idea to use pink duct tape to mark the boxes. It would also a good idea to make an inventory of what goes in each box and the total number of boxes. 

Also, sorry that you're not going to make it Hawaii! 

When you make an order to get the promo... And, Sephora decides to take the promo out of your order ( 100 pt per as well ) due to oos inventory... But, both things are actually still available!!! Why in the world would they do that?!

testing