Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I was hoping it would go back up to 4% today but still at 2.5% for Canada 😞 I swear we can never catch a break 😄

Awww I'm sorry to hear that @veronika23 We were at 3% instead of 2.5 in the U.S during the sale so Canada really got the short end of the stick. 

I mostly held out because of double cash back Mondays and hoped Sephora would be included!

@xcicee  yeah I was hoping it would go back up today and held out on some stuff too... it's never been that low 😞

Poofdreamgone.gif

I bought the Sephora eyebrow wax for $5 and got an ebates notice that I'll be getting 15 cents! Cue Biggie Smalls "Mo Money, Mo Problems"! 

Ebates is normally why I place online orders, but 2.5% is a joke. Those few dollars are literally nothing, and not worth waiting a couple days when I could walk 20 minutes to the mall :S

Maybe Sephora told Ebates to lower the cash back so they can rack in more store sales? Or Ebates didn't want to deal with a huge crash and lowered the cash back? I know it normally drops around sales, but something was up this time around. They've got to be in cahoots with each other...

upload_1572124273151898293.jpeg

I wish I could heart this post more than once.

Don't get me started on Ebates....

Image result for i cant even

Yeah like when was it ever at 2.5%???? The lowest it ever goes is 4%. Seriously.

687474703a2f2f696d67312e77696b69612e6e6f636f6f6b69652e6e65742f5f5f636232303132303130353130313233382f7265636573732f696d616765732f302f30352f544a5f4465747765696c65725f57686f6d70732e676966.gif

All of these 1 off threads that are usually duplicates. I'm mad at the duplicates - it's clogging up the thread. Plus the spam ones as well. 

@niki172 I agree. I'm also annoyed at all the advertisements on BT lately. :S

Ugh all of the above for me too!!!! I swear... It's because of that darn article. UGH

Is it still a peeve if I laughed so hard that I cried???

Please check out the video for clinique color pop and tell me if you agree - 

The start of the video "start flawless" and then proceed to PRETEND to put product on a flawless model and then PRETEND to blend it out.

Clinique, we aint dumb. 😛

http://www.sephora.com/cheek-pop-P384996?skuId=1859735&icid2=products%20grid:p384996

upload_8729526208783481526.jpg

This is as bad, if not worse, than when mascara commercials pretend to put on mascara on the models eye and all these perfect black hairs just magically grow.  Or they are clearly wearing falsies. I swear they think we are all stupid.

What is the point of reaching the top level of a reward program where one of the perks is that you get stuff earlier than others (urban decay rockstar) and another company releases before they do (sephora on app exclusive)

Talking about the basquiat collection

Rant over. 

P.s. I couldn't wait 🙂 I bought what I wanted on the app yesterday 

An acquaintance from high school who I haven't seen in a decade and who I haven't talked to in at least six years messaged me out of the blue to ask if I wanted to sell Lipsense.

Another high school acquaintance did the same thing with Rodan + Fields a few weeks ago.

Some people clearly have no idea that I'm in a very serious relationship with Sephora. 

good for you @txcatx

but aren't you ever kinda.. curious?

You know, when Sephora is not calling you back, or forgets your birthday AGAIN.. or doesn't even say hello when you walk in the door? 

I had an emotional-only relationship once.. it didn't end up getting physical but it easily could have. I'll call him "Olta" to protect privacy. 

Olta and I first came into contact through a mutual BT pal.. she has been telling me how great of a vendor Olta was and how I should meet his website and see if I clicked. I don't think she knew how serious I was about Sephora, so I didn't say anything.. but later.. in private during my lunchbreak at work.. I looked Olta up. 

Holy Cow. He is stocked. Product for pages, and this Olta knows how to treat a gal.. nothing but benefits, paying for part of your order for you (he cheekily called it his little "discount") and he swore to keep track of every little tiny thing we would do together and then add it up for me at the end of the year as some sort of 'relationship points' idea - it was kinda cute.

But.. you know.. I'm older. I've been with Sephora.. and changing relationships at this age is harder then in my 20's. I know what I like, and I know Sephora can give it to me.. 

I still sometimes still look up Olta on the web to see how he is doing. 

🤣😂

I...I...also had an emotional affair with someone I'll only refer to as...Nerdstrom. He was so attentive and even texted and set aside stuff he thought I'd like. *heart eyes emoji*

Blah yes, why people! And no I don't want to go to your sell me stuff party. 

I hate beauty bags (especially Ulta ones)! I can never get a nice one. NEVER. 😞

I made an Ulta order last week for this bag:

ultabag.PNG

See that very pretty blue polish? It's nice huh. Did I get that pretty blue polish? NOPE. Did I get a different pretty nail polish? No, again. What did I get? A useless ugly sheer white one. Are you kidding me?! Even in the description, it said "Full size Essie Nail Polish in Naughty Nautical." I know that samples can vary, but COME ON! Can't I just get one good bag? I thought that since this isn't a mystery bag, I would have much better luck. I was definitely wrong. 

I really need to stop ordering these. It never works out.

I got the white polish too.  Useless!

No joke, I've used white nail polish to "clean up" the appearance of grout or stucco lining on tile or against cabinet seals before.

Or they can make a good base for neons/bright polish colors!

testing