Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hey lovelies!

So a girl I'm in a group with was talking to the manager at a Sephora store she goes to and he told her that this upcoming 15% off sale will be the only sale for the rest of the year. Sephora will not be having the end of the year 20% off sale. They have a lot of new product launches towards the end of the year that they will be focusing on instead 😔

That sounds gonna save me A LOT of money! 

Called CS about the SK II perk since I figured mod's were already handling so many complaints. The rep was super rude about it and then after a while finally said as a courtesy he'd refund my points even though he couldn't see any size discrepancy. 

What a real courtesy it is to rectify the situation as a business.

That's just wrong! I thought I saw a mod post on the rewards bazaar thread about there being an error in the size! so that should settle it.

because 1 oz does not equal 0.3 oz HA

Welcome to Sephora Canada! Where everything is always OOS...  My love list pretty much always looks like this... SMDH!

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 12.42.56 PM.png

No, that's horrible!

@veronika23,  That is so bad when you can't get even one thing out of those 8! 😞  

@angel7594  yup. Ok well one isn't in stock yet but the others are available on the US site (except maybe the MJ) but still... It's sooo frustrating.

More of  a BT pet peeve (no offense intended!) 

Since Sephora's annual spring sale is near, there will be 1001 threads started about what the sale dates are, I thought I was Rouge but I'm not, etc. Posting an FAQ is futile. And as soon as the sale is over there will be more threads about how emails weren't sent out, something wasn't restocked, I missed the sale & it's Sephora's fault, it should've lasted longer, etc. 

@JayJayyy Remember BT during the gift card ($25 off $50 purchase for rouge, etc.) event? That was a mess. I didn't want to log on to BT during that promotion period :S. There were so many new posts even though FAQs were posted.

@prti OMG yes I remember!!! And the posts continued for so long after the promo expired. It was a mess around here lol

When is the sale?

(Joke that was a joke!!!! 😂😂 - I feel this post lol)

Dear Redken,

Why are your bottles of conditioner 50ml less than their shampoo counterparts? Why are they not the same size? At the very least, if you have to make one larger than the other, the conditioner should be the bigger of the two.

Sincerely,

Someone who uses lots of conditioner 

OMG! THANK YOU!!!!!

THIS! All of this for any company who wants to make smaller conditioner bottles in comparison to shampoo!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

Apologies in advance for the rant. 

I was just on YouTube and a very big beauty youtuber (who I won't name because part of me think she did this to get a reaction/generate more clicks) did a get ready with me and had one of those before and after split screens for a thumbnail.  Her before was labeled "Drab" and the after "Fab". In the "drab" picture she's wearing a brown face mask and in the after she's her regular made up self blonde blue-eyed etc. 

I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she continued to support (and defend Jeffree Star even when presented with proof of what he's done) but this is a bridge too far. Seriously blackface? Labeled "Drab"? Ugh. 

Rant over.  Thanks for reading

Is a brown face mask the same as black face?  I agree she used the face mask as click bait.  I don't think she was trying to make any kind of racial statements by using a brown mask. 

The definition from wiki is: Blackface is a form of theatrical makeup used predominantly by non-black performers to represent a black person

Aside from having a brown face mask on she still talked and acted the same as usual.  It might be different if she was Iggy Azalea but she's not co-opting any African or African/American culture.

@Anonymous I know exactly what you are referring to. I'm not sure if it was intially intentional or not, but regardless, she should have realized the second she made the thumbnail. -__- 

@Anonymous Not cool man, not cool. Some people will just never get it 😠

I am getting really frustrated with the new website. I have to use different browsers to do different things on the site. Are any of you still having issues and/or know of something I may have to do to my laptops settings to make the site more user friendly?  This is really driving me crazy!

ETA: And it's super slow now too.

@NancieNano you're not alone, I can't figure what to do either. It was working a bit better on Edge, but then it would become so slow to the point of stopping freezing pages, so I just insist on using Chrome even with all the errors. It's a nightmare either way. I'll try cleaning cookies (I hate cleaning cookies) at some point of desperation...

I have been having the same problem its super annoying.  I use firefox and google chrome, chrome tends to work better since almost nothing will load on firefox for me.  There are huge problems with the new website, I don't know why they launched it yet when it doesn't work.  I have to order through the app. 

3 Replies
testing