Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Anonymous I know exactly what you are referring to. I'm not sure if it was intially intentional or not, but regardless, she should have realized the second she made the thumbnail. -__- 

@Anonymous Not cool man, not cool. Some people will just never get it 😠

I am getting really frustrated with the new website. I have to use different browsers to do different things on the site. Are any of you still having issues and/or know of something I may have to do to my laptops settings to make the site more user friendly?  This is really driving me crazy!

ETA: And it's super slow now too.

@NancieNano you're not alone, I can't figure what to do either. It was working a bit better on Edge, but then it would become so slow to the point of stopping freezing pages, so I just insist on using Chrome even with all the errors. It's a nightmare either way. I'll try cleaning cookies (I hate cleaning cookies) at some point of desperation...

I have been having the same problem its super annoying.  I use firefox and google chrome, chrome tends to work better since almost nothing will load on firefox for me.  There are huge problems with the new website, I don't know why they launched it yet when it doesn't work.  I have to order through the app. 

This sad, sad story of my Ulta order:

rps20170404_104847.jpg

I know mail gets lost from time to time, but MAN is it ever sad when it happens. And of course this isn't just a standard Ulta order. I've ordered several of the beauty breaks and received them no problem, but this happens to be the one with the Made Yew Look bag, the Tarte beauty break, and another GWP. It was a stellar order for $75. And it's gone.

Ulta was kind enough to offer a reshipment, but all the GWPs are gone. Best they could offer was a $20 gift card, which is realistically not even close to the value of my GWPs!

I am watching all UPS employees. If I see anyone wearing the Stila Rose Gold liquid metals combined with the Tarte Make Believe palette, WE GON' TALK.

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your package. Hopefully it'll mysteriously show up one day at your door. That really stinks tho espically when u miss out on beauty breaks and bonuses. 

Lost the cap to my new Mac lipstick.  I even stopped by the MAC store to see if they had any extras and they told me no, they throw them all away.  Bummer...

@sarahshter I buy these for my MAC lipsticks from Amazon because it helps me see what color the they are. Maybe it'll help you in this case?

MAC.JPG

Spoiler
I can't add a link but here is the description of the item which was about $15:

Clear Acrylic Lipstick Caps - Replaces Original Individual MAC Lipstick Caps - See Your Favorite Lipstick Color Easily (24 Pack)
BYALEGORY

I think these are awesome @ZombieMetroAnt! A part of me would need this because... well we all know my obsession but the other part of me cringes at the site of these.  I like seeing all my black caps with no LE mixed in... something about it is so soothing 😄 😄 😄

They are a nifty idea and make the lipsticks look like astronauts 😄

I have these. THEY ARE A LIFE SAVER! Totally worth buying it!

@ZombieMetroAnt Holy What?? Where have you been all my life! I need these so bad, will save me so much time trying to find a specific color! Love you for posting this!!!

OMG!!! Thank you this helps me out a ton!  I think I'll also replace them all because it is a pain trying to find which color I'm looking for.  Thank you so much and what a good idea. 

😘

How's people's experience with ordering from becca direct?

I emailed them when ups stated my package was delivered but no where to be found. They emailed me to go talk to ups. So I file a claim with ups online but I noticed there's an area where then venders could have submitted it. 

Why did I have to do it? It's not my fault it's lost! They probably will tell me tough luck when my package is indeed lost!! 

Ironic thing is I had used a BFF code! BFFs don't do this to each other!!

😡

@Anonymous    @Alicehoopz

So I contacted UPS and they send usually the sender (BECCA) would contact them AND on top of that I should contact BECCA for further updates while they investigate.

So yes, Becca really dropped the ball on me. This is really bad customer service and I've heard of other companies issuing a refund or sending another product while the carrier investigates.

It's not appropriate to stick the customer in the middle of an issue with the company and it's carrier. The customer is one issue and carriers not delivering as expected is another.

I send Becca a response. If they don't then I'll contact my credit card and I know they'll handle them..

As of now, I do not recommend buying directly from Becca!!

This is a really common problem with ALL companies and the mail systems. If a package is marked "delivered", on a technicality, no company owes you a refund/reshipment/etc. The reason is because as a general rule, delivered does mean delivered. Anyone can claim they didn't receive something whether it's true or not. Sadly, a lot of people pull some truly shady stunts 😞

Now, if you have this happen with a company you buy from often and have never had issues, the company may elect to offer a refund/reshipment with no problem. With a first time purchase/rare purchase, it's a lot trickier.

I would definitely suggest you track down UPS - make the driver figure out where he dropped it off (because it does sound like a misdelivery to me). It's going to be easier for you to go in person and hold UPS accountable than for Becca to track them down via phone. As someone who has had this happen myself, taking your face right down to UPS makes things move so much faster than even your own voice on the phone.

Best of luck!!

Anonymous Insider

Oh trust me they do owe her a refund / reshipment if it was me you dont wanna deal with an angry me in person or on the phone lol if your a business manager or a company owner you should already see me coming and be warned about me.

Unfortunately Im the type of person who can make their jobs VERY difficult and I can be a major PIA if not their worst nightmare.I literally raise hell over bad customer service and companies believe it or not hate bad customer reviews why you ask because it prevents other people from going there with their money and purchasing the item if it got bad reviews.

It does pay off to complain most of the time because most companies / businesses do whatever to please the customer because they know bad business is not good for business.

I have had issues with orders in the past and got free products in return or free promo code coupons in return things like that mainly big discounts / markdowns or free shipping if their at fault their at fault they usually 9 times out of 10 they make up for it.Its rare if you dont get any compensation for a bad experience.In fact I would contact management if I had to contact the company I would.If I have to contact management someones going to lose their job the next day because yeah you dont wanna phone call from me over that issue lol.

Whether its UPS or BECCAs fault someone owes her something.When your spending your money and you get bad service make it known it pays to speak up about an issue.Whether they think your lying about it or not if the package wasnt delivered it wasnt delivered I wouldnt care what they said over the phone I would get what I want regardless.Being someone whos worked in the service industry before you dont wanna deal with people.

She needs to contact BECCA the email for customer service about her order I would have free Becca items in the mail after I complained and ranted over that order lets just put it that way lol.

I had an issue one time with an order from mally beauty they messed up the order so they never shipped it out they sent an email order confirmation and I never heard anything after that I emailed them and guess who got free items from mally me the power of complaining lol its great and works 95 percent of the time I got my order for free not bad live and learn.

Another time with fragrant jewels some bath bomb website I ordered bath bombs a month before my birthday to get the products in time for my birthday to be able to use them for the birthday week because I celebrate my birthday all month long lol.I never got my bath bombs for my birthday I complained soooo bad to them in an email they sent me a free necklace lol and it was actually really nice it was a light blue color looked real too lol .But see things like that only happen if you have the power of persuasion complaining works.It helps if you act angry / irritated and get mad over the phone lol.

If you dont say anything then yeah you get nothing it cant hurt to try either way.

Reformulating products!  NYX Doll Eye just got a new brush, and I suspect the formula changed even though they sd it didn't.  Now I have to go on a scavenger hunt for a new mascara.

And don't get me started on products that were discontinued.  Just had to buy a Bare Minerals blush on eBay, and am almost out of my last tube of Sephora Collection Lip Attitude in Mauve Scandal.  I e-mailed Sephora about it, and they were like, "T.S."

Seriously, MAC?

IMG_0787.JPG

Spoiler
Luckily, the Highlighter is in tact - I just have to glue it back to the pan....

😮 oh no!!

yes very lucky its all still once piece but so much anxiety!

testing