Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah thats happened to me before  a few times but with Bitterlace Beauty.When she had her halloween collection out I bought the next supreme highlighter and it came looking a lot worse than that lol it was totally ruined.It was all clumpy and the highlighter was falling out of the compact it was inside it was a nightmare.I contacted Bittelace beautys Jenna the creator about it saying hey my highlighter was ruined upon me opening the package and she never gave me a new one lol she has on her website now probably because I complained to her in a not so nice manner about it lol  now you have to show proof that your item was damaged in order to get a replacement highlighter she wont give you anything otherwise.

I mean why would anyone lie about a destroyed / damaged highlighter ? I spent over 400 dollars on her restock alone its not like I was trying to get free makeup and pull some scam.Tons of users all over instagram had the exact same issues with her halloween collection it was totally messed up.I was soo irritated it bothered me that I was seen as a liar because I didnt take a selfie with a damaged compact it never happened lol.

Thats why I always buy compacts with every single one of her highlighters because those little paper things she puts the highlighters in dont hold up well .I even opened some of my highlighters from her and some were looking a little almost damaged.I just dont understand why she sells compacts seperate from her highlighters you need a compact you cant package that stuff and ship it out without something getting damaged or almost damaged.Rant over lol.

This one actually arrived in tact, but this is the second ir third time I've used this and it literally popped out of the pan - I've never had that happen before!

I've been lucky the few times I ordered from Bitter Lace Beauty.

@Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Yeah but it also bothers me how even if you buy her compacts she doesnt put the highlighter inside the compacts it would ensure peoples products wouldnt fall apart in the mail thats why people are buying them in the 1st place .I just dont understand it lol everyone needs a compact.I just hate how they get you on the compacts and sell it seperately.

Some of the pans I noticed were a little hard to put in the magnetic compact this time around.I feel like with some of the highlighters she put too much makeup in the pan and it was like almost falling out the sides when you popped em into the compact .Its never happened to me before this though so that was weird.I ended up getting a tiny but of the highlighter on my finger as I popped it into the pan usually its easier than this lol maybe it was just me.

We interrupt your browsing to bring you my biggest pet peeve... Jars and Pots! Why do manufacturers and brands use them when they are unhygienic and sensitive ingredients, such as in high end skin care, get exposed to the air and degrade much more quickly. Pumps and dropper bottles are the way to go...even a squeeze tube if it's a thick product! and as for bottles that come without a pump - gah! (ELDW I'm talking about you) 

thsnks for letting me blow that off my chest, regular programming now resumes. 

Anonymous Insider

When will I ever learn that "limited edition" is never actually limited? 

Coloured Raine is bringing back its queen of hearts palette after vehemently (and sometimes rudely) promising that it won't ever ever never ever ever be coming back AND after I bought one off of eBay for twice as much.  Arg.

No more, ebay or Poshmark or any other ridiculously over-priced third party purchases again.

DONT FORGET THIS!!

It will happen a million more times. Limited edition is NEVER limited edition.

what is this new captcha thing in the PM's and whyyyyy is it there??? I had to download internet explorer instead of using my usual chrome 😞 

@shirleylin88, I can't answer your question but I can't even move around on the site unless I use explorer. It is very annoying.

sooo frustrating, I keeping clicking on threads and they won't open. initially I though it was my computer trackpad, and then I tried other computers and it still would not work. So annoying. I don't even want to talk about the mobile site...

I just tried pm'ing. The first one went through fine, the second one I got the CAPTCHA  notice but no actual CAPTCHA so I couldn't send it. Tried a 3rd short one and that went through. Is this happening to other BTer's? It is so frustrating.

Ulta shipping..UGH. So I go to use my $10 coupon on my birthday a few days ago, and my total is $1 short of free shipping after the code was applied. One freaking dollar! So I add a few items I don't really need/want, but whatever. My stuff ships and is delivered to UPS about 20 minutes from my apartment...great, right? Nope. They can't hold the packag for pickup, but must transfer it to USPS for delivery. So now I won't get it until TUESDAY. Now I'm mad again so I'll probably take a nap lol 

Ulta shipping is very slow for me, sometimes it's UPS and other times they transfer to USPS. I wish they just gave an option to send USPS, I think it would be faster than the transfer from UPS! 

Okay, so I noticed the other day that my beloved holy grail Nuxe lip balms were moved to the "last chance" section on their website. I emailed the Nuxe CS about it aaaannnnnd received THIS email:

nuxe.PNG

WHAT THE EFFF, NUXE! 😞

What?!?  Thanks for the heads up and I will be stockpiling.

LaserShip -_- I hate LaserShip. I love to take advantage of amazon same day delivery but LaserShip sucks. I ordered yesterday and it was supposed to be delivered last night. Ha ha ha...nope. I spoke to amazon cs and they rectified the situation somewhat. Tracking hasn't changed, nothing. I actually still want the products but can't really order again because LaserShip will deliver it...or lose it. I'm pretty annoyed and feel like I'll have to let my amazon membership go since I just can't deal with LaserShip anymore. So many of the products I want to order is same day shipping now. 

When I can't access BT from Chrome or Firefox only Explorer (which I do not like) and the site tells me to sign in even though I already am.

-_-

For the past few days BT hasn't been loading properly for me. I have to open threads in new windows but when I would try to reply to a post no matter how many times I hit "reply to XYZ" nothing would pop up. The same would go for PMs although I could type my response but when it came time to send....nada....

It's been working well today *fingers crossed*

@NancieNano I use Chrome and have this problem too. I've found that if I click the "rewards bazaar" from the little drop down menu, I'll magically be signed in again. It's super annoying, but it's the only thing that works. 

@lmi82, I can't even get to the "rewards bazaar" unless I actually type it into the search bar. So frustrating.

@NancieNano Oh wow. That really stinks! 😞

Yeah the website reformat has not been user friendly for me at all @lmi82. I hope other BTer's aren't haven't as much difficulty as I am.

testing