Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you receive a back-in-stock email for an item that was never back in stock to begin with and has been completely taken off the website.

Thanks for getting my hopes up, Dior.

Image result for girl waving hairbrush gif

Image result for disappointed gif

Image result for ron swanson throws out computer gif

Ron Swanson is you.

@lylysa Nailed it. 😄

Dear Dior, 

You owe me a new computer.

K.Thx.Bai.

@lmi82, That is so annoying! 

This is the perfect gif for the situation, though. 😄 I haven't seen it in a long time!

A little peeved at myself. I've gone and lost both my ABH Nicole and my KVD Alchemy palettes! I remember opening the boxes when they arrived and taking a picture for the hauls thread but after that...poof, gone. Haven't seen them since.

Check the freezer??. 😂  Did you end up finding them? 

@StephaniLynn oh no!! )): I hope you find them. Sometimes the best place to look is the last place you think they'll be. 

XOXO,
Marieke

Sigh, I decided to risk it and buy some cute affordable clothes from Lulus for our trip to St. Maartens next month and got dinged with over 50% in duties!!! A $300 purchase turned into $480.  

On the bright side, I like everything that arrived-it's just not as cheap as I originally thought.    

OMG no!!! 😞

ouch!! @heartsmyface

I try and keep my international orders under $75... which seems to be the magic "don't bother to tax" amount, but it stings so hard when I get hit with duty. That's why it called DOODY.

I have bought several orders for my upcoming Mexico trip from this awesome online store called HIPPIEBOHO that does made-to-order stuff outta Thailand. YOu be like "MAKE IT 2" LONGER" and they just do it, no extra charge. I love it because they are so inexpensive and do all sizes XS - 7X!!!

I have 3 of these - so frikkin comfy

Spoiler
112_-_Size_XS-5X_Hippie_Boho_Clothing_Gypsy_White_Plus_Size_Tunic_Summer_Beach_Asymetrical_Tunic_Dress_Blouse_Top-1_1024x1024.jpg

They ship so fast too.. I got mine to Canada in 10 business days, with tracking. Shipping is so reasonable. if you are looking for anything still, like cotton dresses or coverups, I highly recommend it.

Ohhhhh!  That is super cute!  @InsomniacmuffinUnfortunately, as I am a little curvy, when I try to pull off flowy boho, I get mistaken for pregnant....  😞

Spoiler
IMG_0730.JPG

Ouhhhhhh, I have to check them out, thanks!!!!!  I'm mostly looking for light and breezy long sleeved shorts rompers but a kaftan is a good idea.   

Yeah, I get away with no duties a lot so I just went for it.  I knew it was a probability I'd get charged but I wasn't expecting that much.  Normally it's around $60 or so.  I swear they randomly choose an amount to charge.  I bet they have a little wheel they spin and I just lost this round. 

Mexico sounds fun!  I've never been even though it's so close.  It's a definite bucket list location.  

NOOOOO!!!  Please stop the insanity!

eggs.JPG

I tried looking the other way when they used condoms, tried ignoring the balloon trend but now this?  I can't...just

nope.JPG

This has to be a yolk, because this is eggs-actly the thing that no one called for. Folks must be scrambling for new gimmicks and they're ap-poaching this all wrong.

Image result for egg smashing gif

I'm waiting for someone to be pranked with a raw egg

Now THAT is something I would watch. 😄

"Today we're just going to take this egg and lightly dab to blend out the foundation....and OHHHH!!!! WHAT THA??!!! NOOOO! Um, well that was a fail, it appeared the egg I grabbed was raw and now I'm covered in yolk.....looks like I should move this into my hair for a hair mask!"

In a world where food security is a serious  issue everywhere..even more so in the recovery of the world economic crisis...  let's waste perfectly edible nutrition on this kind of stupidity.

*insert eye roll*

I get so mad when I see food wasted like this.

Omg, when will it end? -__- 

I wish people would stop comparing things to the Beauty Blender. A condom, balloon, or egg is in no way similar to a Beauty Blender. Just admit that you're applying makeup with various random objects. If you wanna put on foundation with an egg thats your business, but don't say it's just like a Beauty Blender, 'cause we all know it's not.

LOL I saw this on insta and didn't bother watching. Continued scrolling. It's getting ridiculous 😄

testing