Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So... 

I get a out-of-the-blue email from someone who saw my LinkedIn profile through a connection and wants to discuss me coming to their company. Pretty interesting opportunity, definitely going to the interview...

Except.. I GOT COOTIES!

I got a cold-sore a few days ago, right smack in the middle of my bottom lips, that is luckily in the end stages of 'healing'. 

So now I'm trying to see what color lipstick is 'professional yet concealing"  

Hmm.. what shade do I have that is a dupe for "Lip Fungas 4 days Healed"

Update for anyone who might have been curious..

Went to the job interview, I don't think my lip-disease was too noticeable and I just played it like it was nothing.

On the downside.. the company really doesn't have their stuff together and it's not an opportunity I'm interested in. I was a little hesitant to take the interview because they didn't disclose the job title, but I'm currently an HR Manager so decided to assume it was on the same level, or higher.

Despite a 1.5 hours interview, they would still not tell me the job title, only all the various (and never-ending!!) responsibilities I would have. I was so-so on this, BUT since the role was interesting and had some challenges for me that I wanted to add to my resume  I was keen on.. however as soon as I started pushing back for clarification on anything I was shut down. Biggest was that I would manage their training program.. great! Has a budget already been allocated or will I also be putting that together? No.. actually there is no budget, there will never be budget (and then I got lectured on how business comes first and they can't waste peoples times going to training stuff)

That's when I nope'd the heck outta there.

Sorry to hear that! 

@Insomniacmuffin Glad you were able to conceal the less than optimal lip situation, but sorry to hear the opportunity was not meant to be.  At least you got practice updating your resume and polishing your interview skills.... 😊

Too bad it wasn't what you expected and sketchy 😞

So did you or didn't you wear the wax lips? 😛 

Image result for wax lips candy

Is sporting a pair of giant candy wax lips pushing it??? 😛

I've been trying to place an order with Zoeva for almost a week now!

I really want the Matte Spectrum palette and a couple other things.  So last week I tried to order and use paypal and it didn't work.  Like paypal told me payment was not working, but the Zoeva website said the order was complete and I got a confirmation and everything. 

I obviously had to contact customer service which took 2 business days to answer.  And even now they only answer 1 time per day.  I get an email in the morning when I wake up, I respond immediately and then don't get an answer until the next morning!  It's so frustrating when I'm sitting here wondering what's going on!

They are very nice, don't get me wrong- just slow.  They said they will cancel my order so I can try to place the order directly through their site and not paypal.  Except apparently I can't do that because it says my "financial institution decline payment."  

This is the last time I try to order from another country!  This is stressing me out!

I'm squirming around in my own head wondering where my cult beauty order is. I placed the order 12 days ago? Shipping confirmation came the next day, but no tracking for the standard international shipping. My mom ordered around the same time and already got her package last Thursday. So I'm wondering where mine is! I had it sent to my work and my first hunch is that maybe its held up in my building's mailroom? I hope the carrier took it to the right place 😞 I really want that goody bag!! 

@mella900  I've had orders from the UK arrive within a week like I've had some arrive a month later! I know at some point there was a deal with Bath & Unwind and I bought something and so did a few other BTer's. I remember reading later on that the girls got their orders and I was still waiting on mine... It took about a week or two for them and over a month for me.  I'm sure it will get to you safe! Just sucks waiting all that time.

@veronika23 I'm happy to report my order came 2 days after! The no tracking thing gives me anxiety on top of waiting for so long! 😧

@mella900  Oh that's good! Yeah worries me too. I still have stuff that's not here weeks later 😞

The reviews for the Too Faced Natural Love palette are already getting junked up with people leaving reviews complaining about Too Faced's slow shipping, release dates, blizzards in the Midwest... If you have a gripe come here and let it out! Don't ruin the review section of a perfectly innocent product (unless the gripe is product related, of course)! That annoys me so much. 

I cannot possibly agree with this enough. it's SO frustrating to look for reviews and find "I still don't have my order!" or "I want this product!" or anything else unrelated. it's called a review for a reason, people!

@starsandbucks This peeves me too! Especially when I'm looking forward to maybe purchasing a product and am counting on honest reviews!

So I wake up to that dreaded 'tingle' on my lip..

you know the one.

And I'm all like.. S'okay, I got the office to myself today so I'll just slather on some Abreva and ride it out. Who cares that it makes me look like I ate a whip cream cupcake and didn't clean myself up after.. NOBODY gonna be there to see it.

Boss decides to come to office today. 

Jerkhole.

@Insomniacmuffin Ugh. I know that tingle well. Hope the abreva did the trick for you. I love that stuff! 

I feel so stupid. I've been checking my phone non-stop to see if I catch the sneak peeks on the Sephora app. I realized at noon that they don't launch til tomorrow -___-.

@makeitup305 Don't feel stupid! You're just overly excited and there's nothing wrong with that 😬😉

@gonerogue Stupid might be harsh, just silly mostly. I'm hoping the Marc Jacobs bronzer is one of the sneak peeks.

having clear skin for months and waking up to a new "friend" on your chin!!!!

testing