Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I don't think so! It's like a weird dot... That looks like a mistake. I don't find it OK at all!!! YUCK! 

When my mascara transfers to the top of my cheekbones...it's the worst

I agree!  HATE when that happens! 

Hi guys! I posted here about my package/mail that got jacked a few weeks ago. WELL that has now been resolved. I filed a claim with USPS and they reimbursed me with the $$. I emailed colourpop - and after a few back and forth emails they sent me a replacement order.  I am relieved that everything worked out.  Also, i think now i know who has been stealing all the mail.. Couple of days ago we were driving past the mailbox and saw bunch of teenage boys trying to pull the boxes open. I mean mugged them HARD...also reported them to USPS and the apartment complex. 

Anyhow, so glad that this has been resolved! PHEW. Thanks to your guys' suggestions I now have a camera installed outside my front door that keeps a look out for any strange activity! 

I am sorry this happened to you. 

And glad it was resolved but it's terrible that we have to worry about people stealing our mail and packages! 

I hope that if it was them that stole your makeup that whatever product it was broke and got glitter ALL over them so they had to deal with the mess of clean up for doing something so terrible like stealing mail/breaking into the mail boxes.

Kudos for reporting them to the complex. If you see them again you should try to snap a pic of them to send to the complex so maybe they can put them on blast in an email or newsletter!

@lylysa Lol! yeah that would be ideal haha. Bust open the package and POOF glitter/powder fest all over! Take that sucka!  

I should have snapped a picture but i get too worried that sometimes people are vindictive and would go out of their way to harm others.. so i wanted to remain sort of anonymous with it all. Especially (in this case) with 16-20 year old age group in the not so good part of Atlanta. lol..  

I think the security guard of the complex dealt with them - but i'm not too sure. I have to follow up with the office manager here (nothing ever gets done unless you get on their case constantly). 

If you find out where those boys live, mail them the anonymous envelope of glitter!

Good. I'm so glad you got that resolved @kromance! It's still concerning that these boys are running around stealing mail. Like you said, there could be important documents in there. Hopefully the camera will deter them!

Yeah! @Mcakes i totally agree. I don't mean to be so judgemental but a lot of the teenagers/young adults in this complex look so ... i dont know the word.. baggy pants.. tattoos.. long shirts. Im not going to lie i do get intimidated at times. So - if this gets dealt with by the complex before any more mail goes missing that would be awesome, but i doubt thats going to happen - till more people complain. 

GAHHh my husband and i are even considering to relocate to another area... Im hoping all of it improves because moving is not fun!!!

Moving can definitely be stressful, but it seems like a good move given your current neighbor situation @kromance

Glad it all worked out!  What the heck is going on with "kids" these days?  We've had packages stolen from our condo complex as well.  Don't they realize it's a crime?

I have a PO box where I get things shipped to OR I have them shipped to my office.  Can't trust anyone now days.  So sad 😞  

I ship to my office too. 

UPS tends to leave things outside.

Even if I am HOME - they leave it outside! 

I actually only order on certain days JUST to coordinate delivery on weekday at work. 

@AMK721 Yeah! Kids and adults alike. The society is so selfish now.. People don't think about the repercussions or the consequence of their actions anymore. When i was talking to the mailman today - he suggested to me about getting a PO box (like many of the BT community had suggested!) if im going to be getting sensitive mail. Nothing has been stolen since then - and i think if it happens again, i will be investing in a PO box as well. Hopefully - after reporting those i-d-i-ots -- it stops.  But if not, at least there are options to consider! 

I just did my nails and now I want to eat Cuties (mandarins) for breakfast!!!!  ;') 

Did my signing in tip work? Or it's fixed?

It comes and goes. Hopefully, it stays good! 

I hate how every time I fall in love with a Lush product it's either holiday, LE or gets discontinued. (I'm looking at you Yummy Mummy body conditioner, yog nog, tiny hands and LOVE spell!!! UGH!) I'll go on a no buy from Lush because it drives me nuts to not have any product consistency but then I end up right back there, following the glorious smells. 

Same! I love that Yummy Mummy body conditioner but I didn't see it last year and I don't think they will come out with it this year.

Nope, I don't think it is either. I've been so hopeful too. It just makes me bonkers. I love the body conditioners but all the good smelling ones have been seasonal.

When you are depotting shadows and several of them break. And then you stab yourself with the knife you were using (annoying not serious). *sigh* maybe I'll should just order singles from now on.

testing