Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I also hate it when store associates don't educate themselves on what they sell. It's your job to learn about what you're working in, regardless of what you personally use.

Wow another horror story from Shoppers Drug Mart.. I was in there and this customer asked an older store associate about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, if it's as good as people say.The lady knew absolutely NOTHING but offered to swatch her shade. The customer was about to leave, unsure, but I came in and raved about it (it's my favourite high coverage foundation). I swayed her and she bought it. The store lady (and the customer later, outside) thanked me and I said you're welcome but... really lady? I understand that you can't know about every product (I work at Best Buy and I know for a fact that that's not possible) but at least learn about each brand you sell and know what the cult favourites are. The same lady preached to me about Clarins when I walked in, so she clearly knew a lot about that particular brand. If you're working in makeup and beauty, you should know how to do your job properly. 

Wow another story from Shoppers lol. You should apply for a part time job there @IZ95! For community service/charitable purposes 😛 I'm sure that customer appreciated your input. 

How long before this highlighter marketing explosion dies out?  I can't seem to stop buying new highlighters to try and am in shiney shimmery overload.  

I'm seriously considering the possibility that I may turn into a unicorn at any moment.  Right now I'm reorganizing my makeup drawers in the hopes I can muster up space for six new highlighters.  😭😭😭

Of course you can make the space 😄 Just gotta build the makeup drawers higher. 

there is ALWAYS room for new makeup!!!!

@patronbleu I'll need to get a step stool if I go much higher, lol!  

I think you'd make a lovely unicorn hearts 😉 haha

Thanks KB!  I've missed you!  

@heartsmyface Same here! I have about half of a muji drawer dedicated to my "everyday" highlighters and my higher end Dior, Chanel highlighters stored away in their respective packaging in other drawers. Its too much even for me!

I think I'd need to morph into the mythical creature Hydra to use up all the highlighters I have in one lifetime. 😕

Summer is coming and soon we can paint all exposed skin in shimmery goodness! 

i know i'm already starting to feel the overload.  i have SO many highlighters.  it is ridiculous, but recently i have barely been wearing it.  or i have been opting for a more natural glow, very very subtle.  for me at least this marketing explosion is having the opposite effect on me to the point where not only do I not want to buy anymore, i don't want to use the ones i own!  It's so weird!

(except the coverfx halo drops.  those are in a league of their own in my opinion.  new favorite!!)

@starrysilver what is this natural glow you speak of?  😄

@heartsmyface@angel7594

OMG!  I totally had to reorganize my blush/highlighter drawer twice in the last week and now I'm out of space again due to my latest binge!!!!

I agree - We are turning into Unicorns and Mermaids. On the Stila thread @Randell has diagnosed this as OCMD (Obsessive Compulsive Mermaid Disorder).  Perhaps we add a U for unicorns and start our own 12 step program - It's getting out of hand...

I was able to resist the Plisse Lumiere de Chanel earlier this week, though, so I think that is a good sign!

200.gif

Hmmmm, are there criteria to be diagnosed with this affliction?  It sounds like I may be suffering from OCMD.  

@Tamara76 I need to reorganize my drawers too, lol! I have resisted the Chanel so far, but the swatches are making it tempting. 😄

Alas  there are still people in the world who don't know what highlighter is *plays sad PSA music*

I too, cannot stop buying new highlighters. Shiny Unicorns unite!! 😄

my real complaint should be that I ordered the new Nicole G Anastasia highlighter palette and the Sephora website said it didn't go through so I ordered it direct only to find the Sephora order is actually on its way.  I paid postage for nothing.  Booooo. 

It only counts as one highlighter right?  

Too faced got me good.  I had to have all three faceted hearts.  

Marc Jacobs got me with their liquid highlight. 

I know there were six....I. Just. can't. Remember...

I found a link to a brand list, whoo hoo! 

It is so convoluted though so I shall spoiler it

Spoiler

hope this doesn't do something crazy like log someone in on my account or someth

How to make this a more direct url, anyone know

Anonymous Insider

@gingerleigh  Thank you! I'm bookmarking this now

Thanks @gingerleigh 🙂

Canadian version:

Spoiler

@gingerleigh Unfortunately there is no way of creating and saving hyperlinks in BT, although that would be a nice feature.

I shared a link to a cached brands list yesterday in the thread "Getting logged out of BT/Sephora constantly"

Here it is for those of you that may have missed it. Its possible these links may be disabled at some point so it's good to have multiple options.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2bLb_cEITYcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp+&cd...

In addition, @veronika23 was kind enough to find and share the cached Canadian brands list:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uO-cDY3-DtcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp%3Fc...

testing