Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Awww, this just happened to me buying clothes online.  I bought six things and only like one of them on me.  Boooooooo!  

Some were hyped up products so I guess my expectations were too high- I'm reconsidering returning them to Sephora, even if I don't have the packaging.

Which products were a no go? 

3 YouTube made me buy it products:

NARS Hot Sand- I've barely used it but it's not really blowing my mind. Should I give it a few uses? 

MJ Lipgloss in Sugar Sugar- I like my Buxom ones better, also I feel like it's a little too pale?

Sol de Janeiro spray- It smells good but I was hoping it would linger a little more.

I think I'm being a little too picky honestly but oh well. On a positive note, the other things I bought I really like.

@heartsmyface Where did you get clothes from?

I haven't tried any of those items so can't really respond with anything other than my sympathies.  

I heard some raving about the body spray but figured it would just smell like the bum bum cream so I didn't bother.  The bum bum cream does it for me.

I figure you're allowed to be picky if you're buying higher end products.   

The clothes were from Bebe.  I was looking for some simple staples for our upcoming conference since my wardrobe needed an upgrade after being pregnant and not wanting to shop for clothes for a year and a half.  I don't think Bebe is quite my style anymore.

I've been living in workout clothes, pyjamas, and animal onesies.

I did end up finding a couple pieces at Guess and a simple black Ted Baker dress the other day so it's not all gloom.  

@heartsmyface I don't have the bum bum cream so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's a fine product, I'm just going to keep it in my car to reapply as needed. The bottle is a decent size.

Have you thought about Topshop? (Their makeup isn't half bad either)

TopShop is kind of hit or miss for me.  I like their selection in Japan, hated their stuff in London and haven't really checked out their stuff here.  I remember them having great accessories.  

The makeup I've never tried but now I'm intrigued,  

At work yesterday my coworker was like 'wow! Your Highlight is so bright!' 

Noppeee I just needed to blot 🙈😂

Hahaha, you've got naturally what all of us are striving for!  Good on ya! 

Loll!! @StephaniLynn happened to me last week too with the bf. I was so surprised he noticed my highlight. Then he followed up with -- "I think you maybe shouldn't put it all over your face? It's RLY shiny.. like everywhere" 😂 So close.. so close..

It sounds like it came from a good place though.  He tried, 

Guyyyyysss, I've missed you!!! BT no longer works on my phone, and I can only sometimes get it to work on my computer, but when I go to post, it tells me I am logged out.  I've been feeling vaguely down this weekend, and I finally figured it out - I am usually on BT every few hours or so, and I missed you guys! Sephora, this website update is awful.  I can't shop, I can't talk to my friends.  😞

It's working better for me on my iPad today, so I didn't have to use my phone,  

I was joking with my hubs that Sephora was punishing me by taking away my two favorite things.  Makeup shopping and BT.  It's the makeup addicts equilvelant of being grounded,  

I feel that way too @heartsmyface! Side note, what's the point of screenshoting hilarious Instagram memes when BT won't even let you post it from your phone *raises fist* Grrr. 

Yay! Slowly we are re-grouping everyone. 

There you are @Milou07!!  We were getting a search party ready to come look for you....we missed you terribly!  Don't do that again, young lady. Heart

Awww - you're the sweetest.  I missed you all!  Heart @ZombieMetroAnt 

OMG!!  It's DUG (.squirrel.)!!!  Yay @Milou07...love the new avatar 💕

When you forget to spin your lipstick down and put the cap on. Then the next time you open it you get a nice smashed lipstick... ruined too many this way. 

Also saw some store associate complaints on this thread and just wanted to share a quick story;

One time when I was like 15 me and a friend were in Nordstrom, and I get it's a nice store and everything, but we were being totally respectful. I actually had about 300$ worth of product that i was ready to buy. Then this worker walks by and asks "Where is your mommy girls?" In such a snarky way like we were little kids. We tell him we are just browsing and continue to swatch some NARS blushes. Then he walks by again and says no touching please. I wanted to yell at this guy. Why do you have shelves full of open tester products if you can't touch them? He was just so rude. Then he walked by again. I handed him the products I was going to buy and 'accidentally' dropped a couple one hundred dollar bills onto the floor. "I won't be purchasing these anymore, thanks for your assistance though.", grabbed my money, and walked out. His jaw literally dropped. It was so funny.

Oh no 😞

Anonymous Insider

I haven't smooshed lipstick in the cap, but the other day I did have a butterfingers moment. I had just twisted the lipstick up to apply it. Of course,instead of bringing it gracefully to my lips, I juggled it with both hands before it flew through the air, knocking against the window sill two feet away before landing on the ground. I'm still amazed by this.

6 Replies
testing