Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@colormepinkenblu   hahahaha 😄

Fresh creams for me all the time ahah

@patronbleu I actually caved and bought fresh age delay toner because it worked so well for my skin. I waited till the BI gift cards were sent out during the holidays though  😛

Also why I will never try La Mer... I can't afford that price tag

omg yessss!!!!

when some  one does their makeup exactly the same way with no variation - layer (noticeable layer )of matte foundation looking like a wall paint, thick black eye liner (hello raccoon eyes) and jelled to the head hair...

Honey boo-boo sweetey time to change it up- especially if you are planning to be a doctor - I personally would not want to see you...

I am just slightly peeved that my UPS guy thinks it's hilarious to make fun of me for getting several Sephora boxes in the past month. I just had a birthday, dude...yeah, I overdid it. I also got free shipping.

Happy Birthday @LolliLove! Hope you had a great one! 🙂

Thank you, @veronika23! I did have a really nice birthday! 🙂

Awesome @LolliLove 🙂

I live in an apartment, so I have to go down to the front desk to pick up packages, & the concierge ALWAYS says very loudly, "You need to stay off the internet! I have no room for all your packages!"

And another time my boyfriend was with me, she told him, "You need to watch her, keep her off the internet!"

We've sort of developed a rapport now though, the other day, she asked, "Soo this Sephora place.. do they have good stuff?" 😄

Oh jeez, I'd be cringing every time I went to the desk!

My UPS guy is really nice, but he teases me about my Sephora and Nordstrom boxes. I usually do not have any makeup on when he arrives, so one time he asked what I do with all the makeup since I am not wearing it! LOL. I just laughed and said I have a hoarding problem. 😄

He meant no harm with his comment to me I think; but it is awkward and annoying when others make judgy comments about purchases.

Same feelings here. I know he didn't mean any harm, but I shouldn't be in the position of having to justify what I'm buying to a complete stranger.

What.. That's so rude and personal. I've never met my UPS/USPS/FedEx guys in person (they usually drop off packages at my door and flee), but I've had instances at my previous apartment complex where I had to pick up packages from the front desk. Since it was "so often" I always felt like they were staring me down lol and they made remarks like, "you again?" 😶

@myumew @LolliLove My regular UPS guy always seems to show up just as I'm getting home from work (which can easily vary by 2-3 hours from day to day) so we have a nice rapport.  😊

Sephora comments aside, he is super sweet, and was very concerned about me after he noticed dents in my car from an accident last year and then again when he saw me hobbling behind my son on crutches this afternoon.

My mail carrier is the same way! 😊

I live in a pretty big city, so it's really nice to have such friendly encounters every day.  💗

@Tamara76 Aw, that's really sweet! I'm glad you are less cranky than me.

I don't usually meet mine either, I just happened to see him out the window while I was cooking dinner, so I opened the door while he was walking up.

With all the packages I get delivered I'm making sure the delivery people have jobs.  That's how I look at it if they get irritated. Just doing my part.

LOL! Oh, he definitely wasn't irritated. He just thought he was highly amusing. I used to get the same type of thing when I worked retail - middle-aged guys loved to show me how funny they were. (spoiler: they were not funny)

So rude! 😞 @LolliLove

My UPS guy is cool, but around Christmas time, he asked me if I work for Sephora since I get so many packages from them - lol.  🙂

Happy Birthday, BTW! ❤️

testing