Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Honestly, this is like my only pet peeve about Ulta! I definitely love their rewards program and I love ordering online, but I absolutely hate paying for shipping. So then I end up just trying to hoard items I want until there's enough to hit the minimum. but honestly, if they had free shipping I would order more often lol.

@Kay522

I agree completely.  I love their rewards program and I love ordering online.  I just hate the 50.00 shipping thing.  I agree, normally it doesn't bother me too much, because there's always stuff I want / need, lol.  Then I have days like today, where it's frustrating, because I don't need 50.00 of stuff.

but I will NOT pay for shipping, lol.

My only other beef is that their birthdays gifts aren't nearly as exciting as Sephora's.  Other than that, I tend to prefer Ulta.

๐Ÿ™‚

"It's against my religion to pay for shipping"

I feel this on a deeply emotional level. ๐Ÿ˜„

We don't have Ulta in Canada, so I'm a total noob when it comes to them, but I'm really surprised by this! Especially when I see so many American companies willing to ship free within the US. :S

I couldn't agree more, @CaityLaine!  That quote is the best I've seen this year @Asche!  ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha, I am just so strongly against it! Lol.  Glad to know I'm not alone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, most places will.  I just think Ulta should atleast offer something different for Platinum members, but oh well.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't use this brand but figured if someone have both, they may have a reason to be "peeved"

0.JPG

1.JPG

Spoiler
Following a few recent controversies, including accusations of copyright infringement and off-putting lipstick scents, now Kylie Jenner is accused of repackaging old lip kit hues and re-selling them as new shades. Well, one shade of her matte lipstick in particularโ€”Blitzen, from her holiday collection. The accusation is that Blitzen is exactly the same as a shade as Spice, which is a color in the main assortment.

The possible rebranding of Spice as Blitzen rubs fans the wrong way, not only because it feels deceptive to them, but also because thereโ€™s a price differential between the two raspberry plum shades. Spice, which is sold as a lipstick and lip liner duo, retails for $29, while Blitzen, which was sold as a 4-piece matte lipstick kit during the holidays, retailed for $45. While we see the $16 markup as fair considering the holiday kit included twice as much product, Kylie Cosmetics fans are still irked. To many of them, if you say โ€œlimited-editionโ€โ€”and charge more money as a result of that rarityโ€”youโ€™d better be releasing something that isnโ€™t already sitting in their medicine cabinets.

0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG

tumblr_inline_n24dmnDKdb1rl9l7l.gif

ughhhhh she is the worst, period. i am not surprised by this at all, and i have a feeling her CS will just ignore all these comments, and try to sweep it under the rug ๐Ÿ˜ž

i have no idea how her company continues to be so successful based on her name alone, because i've heard so many horror stories about how terrrrrrible their customer service is ๐Ÿ˜•

Like us beauty lovers wouldn't have noticed...SMH. ๐Ÿ™„

Well I am not very surprised by this. Ugh. Can't she just go away now. Thank you.

Right? There is literally *nothing* this family could do that would surprise me.

@ZombieMetroAnt Thanks for sharing!   So not cool!  I think my daughter has Blitzen, but I don't think she has Spice. I just ordered her some of the Valentine products last week....  ugh....

ETA:  My daughter doesn't seem too disturbed by this allegation...But I may hold off on  buying any more lip kits...

Whenever there's a product but not a full ingredient list! I want to make sure my sensitive skin can handle it and I literally have to go to the ends of the internet just to find it! 

This is a peeve of mine also. I have a couple of ingredients that I'm allergic to, and I can't buy something without checking first! 

It's chemical sunscreens that I'm allergic to.  I hate when I can't check the ingredients!  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Companies that either don't offer email subscriptions to let you know when a product is back in stock, or they offer the service, but don't actually follow through. It pisses me off because I don't have time to check twice a day to see if it's back in stock. That's why I want the "email me when back in stock" option. Grrr.

Amazon costumers that don't understand the concept of "product review" vs "seller feedback". They'll give one star to a seller because they did not like the product itself (how is that the seller's fault?), OR they'll give one star for a product because one of the 20 possible sellers in that page sent them a bad product, but they don't even name the bad seller ๐Ÿ˜•

Dying cause i wish i had the points for the atelier perfume. Those are so expensive. 

Lilian Gish.gifGetting messages from Sephora about the imaginary product in my cart that I only clicked on to look at the shades.

Um, excuse me? Should this be yours. 

Um......NO!

Not sure why but this always irritates me whenever I get one of these messages. So presumptuous of them.

I didn't mind so much when there was actually a product in my basket.

Those drive me crazy, too! Especially because I like to click on things I already own just to reread the good reviews and congratulate myself for buying something so awesome ;), and then they'll send me one of these stupid emails about it. 

@JenniferOhJenny "I like to click on things I already own just to reread the good reviews and congratulate myself for buying something so awesome" ;D Love it! Best quote of the week ๐Ÿ˜„

@DaintyDiva ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

testing