Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thanks all you ladies for the info. Don't get to my Sephora very often anymore, any tips on a lower priced liquid lipstick line to try?

@Girly2Shoes  I've had good luck with NYX nude liquid lipsticks. They are available at ULTA and even in my grocery store!

eta:  I make a sugar lip scrub by adding some granular sugar to some Vaseline, scrubbing it around my lips with a soft toothbrush and then washing it off with any face wash. Removes all traces of liquid lipstick, doesn't require a trip to the beauty store and is really cheap!

I second this. A girlfriend gave me a NYX velvet? liquid lipstick in bright red that she got in her ipsy bag. And I was impressed by the quality. They do transfer a little bit, but not horribly. And I don't notice much staining. I remove by scrubbing with green tea and aloe baby wipes, then follow up with chapstick.

Jordana. Milani. And wet n wild catsuit line.

@Girly2Shoes If you can order online I recommend ColourPop. 

If you're looking in store, the Jordana ones are good too. 

I second Colourpop. 

@Girly2Shoes When you are home and removing your makeup do you double cleanse? I've found that using a cleansing oil first really loosens up the makeup and makes it easier to remove during the second cleanse.

I second @Tamara76 on the Pacifica face wipes for when you're out and about. Josie Maran's face wipes are also good and very gentle. I'm not sure how accessible Milani cosmetics is for you, but they have an oil lip treatment and a new lipstick remover that sounds promising. Milani used to be in most CVS stores, but lately I can't find it locally and have to buy online.

NYX also has a lipstick remover that's available at Ulta, and possibly other drugstores as well depending on their selection. I got it to replace my HG Sephora oil-in-gel one (RIP :(), and it doesn't work quite as well as that but it's good enough.

Elf also has a oil gel lipstick remover that is pretty great. 

I agree with @JazaChai nothing has beat the Sephora brand one that's been discontinued. 

Thank you, for the tips.

I find that eye makeup remover is great for removing stubborn lipstick! 

Bite Beauty Lush Wipes are good for removing lipstick and there are a lot of good makeup wipes - I like Pacifica face wipes and Almay Waterproof Eye Makeup Wipes.

Good luck!   @Girly2Shoes

Trying to get my beauty sleep and my dog starts barking like the ceiling is caving in because once again he thinks there is an intruder. (There's no intruder. There has never been an intruder. It's the wind or my husband playing EVE or a squirrel outside. But srsly. THERE'S NO INTRUDER!!) He does this a lot during the day, but this past week has sparked a new trend of midnight warnings of doom from the resident alarm system that have me at my wits end.  He's not sorry either...IMG_8777.JPG

@liv545 omg i love pugs and your dog is sooooo cute! this picture is adorable. i love him! 

@liv545 I used to have a guardian breed dog and he was a night barker until we got him a white noise machine. It makes soothing sounds (I guess) or masks the sounds that he was barking at, it was hard to tell, but he started sleeping soundly through the night. After about a month we could turn it off and only resumed it if he backslid into his old evil ways.

@prettyinpa What a stellar idea!!! I'm going to try that. He truly is our baby and we adore him, but holy smokes he's a night terror. I have a little fan but perhaps a sound machine will work better? We're down to try anything at this point. I will update in a few days!

Oh heck i thought he looked apologetic at first. That must just be the natural pug look, cuz I looked closer and saw -- yep, he's sorry not sorry

@gingerleigh I knoooooow!!!! It's that little tiny twinkle that tells the real story. Not even a little teeny tiny sorry!!😂

omg that face, THAT FACE. so squishy and pouty and unapologetic lol ❤️

Awww your little pug is adorable. Definitely, works in his favor! 😉

I feel your pain. We've got a German Shepard on guard 24/7 and he thinks everything/everyone is a threat that must be destroyed. A rabbit, the neighbour, a small child, you name it and he'll bark at it like it's the devil incarnate. 

Your alarm system sure is a cutie though! 😉

1 Reply
testing