Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So relatable. 😄

My cat will slowly take over my pillow until I get up. His purring is also as loud as freight train. Nobody is sleeping through that.upload_5207239247817473772.jpg

ahahah mine does the same thing. Literally sits on my chest (and is tubby so that restricts the ole lungs a bit) and just stares at me, purring as loud as she can (even though I'm asleep and not even petting her) until I can't ignore it. Then we go through this song and dance where I pretend to start getting up, she jumps down and I roll back over, and then she comes and just sits on my pillow squishing my head until I just *have* to get up and feed her.

....usually its like an hour before my alarm goes off so theres no going back after that 😕

Get an email Thursday night that Tom Ford Snowden is back in stock. With in 5 minutes of getting the email place the order for it. Even though I already have 3 of the new colors I was excited, since that was the color I wanted the most and it has been OOS for a month or so. Realize yesterday morning I still never got a tracking number. When I look up my purchases it's showing OOS again, so call Sephora at 11:00 am and told it's being processed and will be shipped out. Told if it was out of stock or canceled I would have got an email. 4:00pm get an email, my order was cancelled. 😢 Wake up this morning to find an email from 3:55 am telling me it's back in stock. 😞 Do I get my hopes up it will actually ship this time? It's the little things in life that make this lipstick junkie happy, like getting a lipstick I have been waiting for! 

This is why I finally ordered it from Nordstrom. The same thing happened to me during the Rouge sale, so when I got a GC for Christmas (pre-paid AmEx, not Sephora) I just said "screw it" and ordered elsewhere.

Purchasing something you don't need and it's an exact duplicate for something you already own 🙃

When you happily use various DS lotions in the spirit of shopping your stash, but after slathering yourself in Antica Farmacista Prosecco Body Lotion, your husband walks in the bathroom, wrinkles his nose and asks why it smells like urinal cakes.

*Oddly enough, he is not similarly offended by my Prosecco candle from the same brand....

...urinal cakes?

Yup - aka "Urinal Mints"  used for deodorizing purposes in men's rooms.... Needless to say, that is not what I want my hubby to think I smell like - lotion went in the trash and I went back in the shower and found a super girly BBW lotion instead.  😉

@Samtian

ahaha urinal mints, i love it

Oh, Nordstrom. While I would argue tape is not necessary to secure the lid to the bottle during shipping, they could have at least ran it side to side, and not front to back, overlapping the labels. Tape removal removed some of the label, too. We'll see what CS has to say. It's not currently in stock locally. 

IMG_7881.JPG

@SheWhoSkis Booooo! Nordies has never shipped me a JM with tape before. Whomever did that is incompetent. 😞 (PS: That scent was my very first JM.)

When you see something that you've been waiting for and your heart skips a beat only to read that it's a "hopefully we will see this" post.  The image really grabs your attention.  I know a few of us are waiting for this... I was so excited to share... but no 😞 cross fingers it will still happen!

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 9.49.39 PM.png

Aw man, that's just mean.

Yes. Yes it is! 😓😓😓

Awwww That IS just mean!  

IMG_0088.JPG

Here's hoping the dream of a MAC x Beauty and the Beast collection really will come true!

@veronika23 @Asche

So Ulta has these skincare samplers on sale for $15, great deal but the packaging is so excessively large and unnecessary it makes me sad. It's like double the size it needs to be. Will keep them to reuse for gifts or whatever comes up.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.10.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.10.12 PM.png

Being so absent minded that you miss an ebay auction 😭 😭 😭

😞 😞 I've recently learned that with the ebay phone app, if you watch something, it'll notify you that an auction's ending soon in X hours. Or if you're the highest bidder, etc. Total lifesaver! Ebay auctions still makes me jittery.

@veronika23  Aww what were you bidding on?

@shimmerbait   I was watching a RM mac mini iridescent bag... I hadn't put a bid on it just yet and said to myself we shall see how high it goes and if the reserve was met. It went for 50 USD 😭 😭 😭 😭 I'm so mad at myself. 😄

ETA: This one

_10243252.jpg

Bummer 😞 I was bidding on a MAC Oh Darling as a gift for a friend, forgot all about it last night, closed I think at $37 this morning. So I know the feeling!

testing