Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I see this a lot of the time on Pinterest: pictures where hair colour has been completely photoshopped, but the comments act like it is real. It will be some beautiful/perfect unusual hair colour...that has been completely faked. You think some girl has these long beautiful lilac or pink curls...but she's actually blonde and the colour has been photoshopped in.

Spoiler
upload_8082578116755546338.jpg
Candice is blonde, ffs.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool effect. It just bothers me that it's implied that it's real.

It's a beautiful green, though that would be incredibly difficult to maintain

Yeah, some people online can be very gullible! 

Did anyone else notice that a huuuge chunk of the party thread (now in the off topic area) posts are gone? :S

@NarNarNars  it's being moved back to where it was so hearts and posts will be wonky... maybe for the next 48 hours?

@veronika23 Oh wow I had no idea that it could be moved so that it could show up in the main feed. That's awesome! Just thought it was a little odd. 🙂 

@NarNarNars  that's where it always was until yesterday 😉 Thought it was odd it was moved in the first place... that's why lots of people "lost" hearts yesterday. But should be all good in 48 hours.

as are a bunch of hearts.......

I made two orders with Ulta recently due to the GWP bags. First one had the skincare one and Sona bag, and I got my refund of $145+tax with no issue through Ulta's FB.

My second order only had the Sona bag GWP, and when I contacted Ulta's FB for a refund, they gave me this:
"Hello Katie, looking into this further we are showing that we have processed a refund for over $200 for this specific gift with purchase. At this time we are unable to process another refund, however we recommend reaching out to your local Ulta so that they can further assist."

$200 where...? $200 HOW? I was asking for a refund of $75+tax for the free bag. Before these two purchases, I was also reassured that I would have no problems getting refund after my orders shipped. I got a refund for it without issues before so what is happening here now?! And I am sure there is no way the Ulta store can help me as this was not an in-store purchase. Maybe I just got unlucky with a bad associate versus all of my other experiences with them through FB.

Oh man, what a hassle @KatieJiang! Worst case scenario you could bring them all back to a store and get them refunded (brick-and-mortar Ulta stores most definitely do online returns just like how Sephora does), then make another purchase when the SG bag goes live tomorrow. Or, you could always go to the credit card company route and show them that your transaction included an unauthorized purchase (provided that you can provide a proof that you were promised a refund by an Ulta agent). Either way it's just an unnecessary hassle that you shouldn't have to go through. Wish you best of luck!

Oh no!  That is not cool at all, Ulta!  Good luck sorting it out, girl ... 😞

Why do these perfume bottles need to be so expensive? I have no idea what House of Sillage fragrances smell like, but the design is super pretty and I want them all!

houseofsillage.jpg

Those are so pretty.  I wonder if the fragrances are just as lovely.

@ghrelin I looked up the one with the Sapphire looking jewels. It has 3 notes. 

• Top Note: Green Tangerine from Calabria.
  • Heart Note: Bulgarian Rose Oil.
  • Base Note: Madagascan Vanilla.

@Samtian  That sounds really interesting.  Thanks for the information!

I came in here because these are so cute, especially the turtle! But those prices?? No way!

I saw these in person at our hotel lobby in Seattle.  They're absolutely stunning!  I would never pay that much for a perfume, but if one were to slip under the Christmas tree one year I wouldn't complain.  

Expensive gorgeous cupcakes. I'm in love with the silver on the bottom, and the black bow in the middle. 

Neiman Marcus has some for only $360.

Plz I can has one?

Wow stunning.

testing