Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh, between the heaters blasting and the dry air my skin is suffering too.  Just a few more months of slopping on the goodness.  

@@sabrinas the same thing happened to me the other day. I noticed itching and flaking on the outer chin. I believe that I may have used too much JM Milk. Try maybe using a little less and the problem may correct itself. It did work for me.

I know what you mean @sabrinas.  My routine hasn't been cutting it lately and I already have it optimized for hydration since my skin tends more towards the dry side all year round (unless I'm in Puerto Rico where it is amazing, of course!).  I think I'm going to be better about doing hydrating masks more often and may need a thicker cream, especially at night.  (I already use serums and oils for hydration plus a really gentle cleanser).  

The 1000 point rewards that come in quantities of like 20.... c'mon Sephora. We all want in on that if we have the points + most of us work, we don't have time to be refreshing the page 400 times throughout the day. 

Peeve of the day... doing a dark smoky eye, but one of my eyes wants to tear up on the outer corner all day. Grrr! So I have a little bald skin patch on the corner of my eye.

Sephora order came today. My box had 8 sheets of filler paper folded at the top of the box, not distributed/padded and the products look like they went through the ringer. My bite 100 point perk has a huge crack around it, and the SR blue moon box looks like it went through the ringer. It's ripped in all the corners and down the sides. SR is a gift so I will being going to the store to find one in appropriate gifting condition.

I did call and my points were refunded which was nice. It's possible that all these happened prior to shipping, and the bite was just a factory defect and the SR just happened to be the crappy box from the lot? But, on a plus side, the samples I ordered actually came!!

The expression in "through the wringer" not "ringer". Sorry, usually I am NOT the grammar police but I just found out yesterday that I have been pronouncing "compilation" incorrectly my whole life and no one has corrected me! I wish someone would have said something, so there you go. 

On to your complaint, that really stinks. I've noticed that my Sephora packages have recently just had the paper thrown on top when previously things were somewhat wrapped. I am sorry that happened but at least you got your points back 😞 

@jeyrosella haha I had a coworker that always said "Suppose-ably" instead of "supposedly" 

I cringed every time.. but never said anything. 

Well, I did it.  I just bought my first product that I already owned and didn't remember.  I think it's a sign that I need to slow down. 

Ha! Been there! Sometimes I feel like it's the universe's way of telling me I need a back up lol.

😹 l'm going to think like that from now on. 

@heartsmyface  welcome to the wonderful world of I can't keep track of my makeup 😄 Now if you start a spreadsheet to keep track of your items be prepared to fall on your *** 😄

Been there, tried that and never used it.  Waste of two weeks.  Blah! 

Ugh, I keep having to search my Sephora purchase history to see if I've purchased it before. I have so many products stashed around my room, I'm never sure what I have

Oooooooops! You know we all are curious what product made its way into your home, twice... 😄

Lol, it's a really pretty mermaidy sparkley!

MAC Try Me On Dazzleshadow image.jpegCapturing the beauty in a photo is not happening for me. 

The Bay...again.

upload_8543772635310136991.gif

I placed an order for 3 products last week. Two were being shipped from a store, one (a robe) from the warehouse. The two products in store shipped the same day and have been delivered. The  robe, from the warehouse, has made no progress whatsoever. I'm going to take a guess and assume that somehow the Bay thinks the order has been completed, and the robe isn't ever going to be on it's way. -___- I've e-mailed them but haven't head anything yet. On the bright side, at least they haven't charged me for it.

What makes this all the more ridiculous is that I walked through The Bay a day ago and saw the same robe on a display (with about 100 of them in stock). I wanted to just buy it there and then, but with my luck the second I buy it in store it'll get shipped to me, and then I'll have two. XD

The Bay: 

upload_5396946322895059666.gif

since 1670.

Ugh. Sorry.  They have HORRIBLE CS!  Seems to be a trend now... horrible cs. Hope it gets to you soon. You can always try to call... but you'll probably want to rip your hair out!

At this point I think I'll just pick it up in store, and if I ever get the other one in the mail I'll just return one of them. It's a Christmas gift, so I still have a few weeks to see what happens. 😛 I just can't believe how often they manage to mess up the simplest things. -__-

They never respond back to emails.  The same thing happened to me with a gwp, but I did receive it a week later.  I really don't get this store and warehouse in different locations deal.  Seems inefficient. 

I'm glad you eventually got the gwp! I wonder if something similar will happen to me (not holding my breath though). I've only had one issue with their shipping in the past (they said something had been shipped when it hadn't), and their customer service was very quick to remedy the problem. I was hoping for the same this time around. 😞

testing